• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I believe I either heard during the testimony that I was listening to or read that she told West that the deposition and her statement transcripts from her prosecution, defense and law enforcement interviews were just his opinion, that she did not say any of that.
    ARJ Defense ad

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    After the state finishing calling all their defense witnesses with there be any left over for the defense to call? SMH

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watching the trial today and I've concluded something in the water in Florida, EMT can't remember if defendant was cuffed when she examined him, police officer does not remember where gun was located when he removed it from Zimmerman, I mean I'm old I forget my keys on occasion but critical stuff not so far.;)

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Watching the trial today and I've concluded something in the water in Florida, EMT can't remember if defendant was cuffed when she examined him, police officer does not remember where gun was located when he removed it from Zimmerman, I mean I'm old I forget my keys on occasion but critical stuff not so far.;)

I could totally understand first responders not remembering details like these. This happened a long time ago, and they've dealt with hundreds or thousands of similar situations since. So unless they wrote it down in a report, it would be hard to remember.

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    I'm curious, is there something approaching a consensus in the Hispanic community about this case? There seems to be one in the african-american community, but to the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been overt support from Hispanics.

I admit, I haven't been following this case very closely at all. It sounded like Zimmerman was a man that was trying to make his neighborhood safer after being sick and tired of break-ins. He saw someone he didn't recognize acting suspiciously, kept an eye on him, and got attacked for it. He defended himself with lethal force, as was his right. He was initially cleared, but political pressure caused prosecutions to go forward. That's the broad-stroke synopsis as I see it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

These young kids aren't even close to half as motivated as they were during the L.A. riots. If they don't make some sort of cracka killin app, they probably not going to be too motivated to do it. God help them if a new basketball players signature shoe comes out, then they'll really never get around to it!!!

:p:p

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I've never seen a ring of fat around the neck like that.... It's very distracting as I keep thinking it's an airbag holding up her head.

Screen-Shot-2013-06-26-at-4.14.07-PM.png

Neck Fat ...

Jabba_the_Hutt_SoC.jpg

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    This should never have even got to the court room.. something fishy is going on here. Seems like someone saw an opportunity to force this into a court room.. why I couldnt tell ya but I am willing to bet is has something to do with money.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    This should never have even got to the court room.. something fishy is going on here. Seems like someone saw an opportunity to force this into a court room.. why I couldnt tell ya but I am willing to bet is has something to do with money.
    More likely it had to do with appeasement. Clearly the police didn't think there was a case, or they would have arrested Zimmerman and charged him. But after enormous political pressure, even from the President himself, and from a congressman wearing a "hoodie" as a show of solidarity actually in the Capitol, and all the clamoring from all the activists, perhaps the attorney general was squeezed into a corner from which there was no escape... and so maybe he figured the best way to go was to at least charge Zimmerman, knowing that a jury would be likely to acquit him. That way, at least they've kicked the can over to someone else (the court system) and stop taking the blame themselves, y'know? "Hey, we did our job, but those darn juries, you can never predict what they'll do..." etc.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    More likely it had to do with appeasement. Clearly the police didn't think there was a case, or they would have arrested Zimmerman and charged him. But after enormous political pressure, even from the President himself, and from a congressman wearing a "hoodie" as a show of solidarity actually in the Capitol, and all the clamoring from all the activists, perhaps the attorney general was squeezed into a corner from which there was no escape... and so maybe he figured the best way to go was to at least charge Zimmerman, knowing that a jury would be likely to acquit him. That way, at least they've kicked the can over to someone else (the court system) and stop taking the blame themselves, y'know? "Hey, we did our job, but those darn juries, you can never predict what they'll do..." etc.

I asked this before in the Zimmerman thread, but when he is found innocent, would the police chief that got fired for not arresting him get his job back, lol?

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    This should never have even got to the court room.. something fishy is going on here. Seems like someone saw an opportunity to force this into a court room.. why I couldn't tell ya but I am willing to bet is has something to do with money.
    We live in a political correct society if someone in a minority is offended then some political hack steps out to make it an issue and simply most cities are frightened of riots and I believe willing to jail anyone to prevent it. As some famous person said, "now its our turn".:rolleyes:

Top Bottom