Patriot Mobile

How do you REALLY feel about plastic guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    And my S&W 357 (with the Hip Grip).
    upload_2020-1-16_12-45-12.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-16_12-45-12.jpeg
      upload_2020-1-16_12-45-12.jpeg
      6.8 KB · Views: 366

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Definitely take a look at the CZ guns! The PCR or P-01 are great carry guns or you can have the best of both worlds...the plastic frame P-07 with DA/SA trigger which replaced my PCR for EDC. I know plenty of people shoot them bone stock but I’ve upgraded the trigger/internals on all mine, which I also did on all my Glocks and 1st Gen M&P’s so no biggie to me in a gun for carrying or competition. Haven’t come across a handgun yet that the factory standard trigger didn’t leave a lot to be desired other than a few higher end 1911’s.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I call my CZ 75's the steel Glocks. I would carry my CZ compact but it weighs the same unloaded as my Glock 19 does with 16 rounds in it. They both are a lot of fun to shoot.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I have all metal pistols and polymer. Striker and hammer. I like them both, carry both, shoot both. As long as the ergos work well with my hands I don't really care. They're both reliable, shoot well, and are comfortable to carry. The one thing I do like about the Tupperware pistols though, is they're typically (not always) considerably cheaper. If I had to use it in defense, I'd rather lose a cheaper pistol than the more expensive, but in justified cases, you get it back anyway.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well to be fair, most polymer pistols have steel inserts in the frame where the slide rides. Although the Ruger P95s didn't even have that.

The biggest enemy to polymer frames is probably Fido getting a hold of it.
    But to be accurate (more important than being fair), those steel rails are molded in place in the polymer. They provide the sliding surface, but the polymer still absorbs the full load of the slide slamming back and forth.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The one thing I do like about the Tupperware pistols though, is they're typically (not always) considerably cheaper. If I had to use it in defense, I'd rather lose a cheaper pistol than the more expensive, but in justified cases, you get it back anyway.
    If I have to use it in defense, I want the best pistol I have - to heck with the cost.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    If I have to use it in defense, I want the best pistol I have - to heck with the cost.
    I wouldn't carry it if I couldn't shoot it well, so best is subjective.

In most cases I can shoot my plastics as well as a comparable metal frame.

Top Bottom