• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    oohh weee mailed packet in 4-29-2013 status changed today5-23-2013 down to bg under review and print pending app review. wont be long now---hope I hope!

Congrats. Seems like it takes forever. Keep us posted when it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    Sent mine in 2 months ago. Got the plastic this week. Stayed in background check for about a week and a half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

LoneStarTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok folks, just to let you know the system is actually alive (seems like it went to the dead letter office). I found my CHL in the mailbox today.
    70 days from their receipt to my box. I see Gov. Perry signed SB 299 effective Sept. 1 so now I won't have to worry about accidently exposing my handgun (except in the car.......that's a funny quirk of law.....my loaded rifle/shotgun is legal exposed there). Oh well this SB299 change is likely a first step toward open carry as allowed in many other states. I would never open carry but I've read some very valid arguments on both sides. Anyhow I thought I'd let you all know your patience with this long license process is worthwhile as it allows time to compose and consider why you really want to carry. God be with us and grant wisdom with this awesome responsibility and pray we never have to use our weapon to take one of his childern's lives. I do know that I am equipped and prepared to defend my life and lives of others who would try to take that away.

Last edited:

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Mine changed to "mailed" Tuesday morning. Still havent seen anything in the mailbox. Havent been home from work yet to check todays mail. Fingers crossed. Geez, how long does the mail take from Austin to Dallas?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Ok folks, just to let you know the system is actually alive (seems like it went to the dead letter office). I found my CHL in the mailbox today.
    70 days from their receipt to my box. I see Gov. Perry signed SB 299 effective Sept. 1 so now I won't have to worry about accidently exposing my handgun (except in the car.......that's a funny quirk of law.....my loaded rifle/shotgun is legal exposed there).
    you do not have to worry about that now.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Mine changed to "mailed" Tuesday morning. Still havent seen anything in the mailbox. Havent been home from work yet to check todays mail. Fingers crossed. Geez, how long does the mail take from Austin to Dallas?

About a week...don't be surprised if it doesn't arrive until Tue or Wed...

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Thanks for killin my hopes. Lol. Just kidding, it is what it is, right? Tuesday or Wednesday next week is better than never, thats the way I look at it.

You could look at it that way, or look at it as expect it Wed and if it arrives before then, be pleasantly surprised!:p

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I have the receipt that they received my paperwork on March 25. Fingerprints done a week and a half later. Called today. They lost my paperwork. Now I have to jump thru more hoops.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I have the receipt that they received my paperwork on March 25. Fingerprints done a week and a half later. Called today. They lost my paperwork. Now I have to jump thru more hoops.

THAT sucks! Hopefully you made copies of your paperwork before sending it off. If you did, you can upload them electronically

myjohnson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Houston

Man, sorry to hear that. And here I am complaining about waiting 70+ days.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Man that really stinks. Makes me almost feel guilty seeing my status update to 'Mailed' this morning. Almost. ;)
    Assuming a few days in the mail, I'll be somewhere in the ballpark of 45 days box to box.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Fortunately I'm a patient person. I'm going to where I did the class and they're going to recreate all I need and fax it for me. It'll get it when I get it.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lets just hope they slide you to the front of the line. Your patience is certainly admirable, but in my opinion they would do right by you to process your app as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom