• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    Assuming you aren't having a background issue, I bet it changes almost any day now. I am just betting that based on the mood of the country in general and here in TX, the CHL application rate is skyrocketing; hence, longer processing time. When we took the class, our instructor told us the typical turn around was about 45 days. Well we added 10 days to that for us. I am guessing it will just get longer as time goes on for a while.

I really hope so, I am getting antsy! lol
    DK Firearms

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I just looked online and see that they have everything, background done and their making the license. So, I guess I'll be getting it before long.

After they told me they lost my info, I faxed it in last Wednesday night. Either they found it, or they expedited what I faxed in. I doubt the latter. Anyway, all's good in my opinion.

Mr.Bond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    After they told me they lost my info, I faxed it in last Wednesday night. Either they found it, or they expedited what I faxed in. I doubt the latter. Anyway, all's good in my opinion.

That blows. Glad it worked out for you though

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Yesterday, my status was changed to mailed. It's just about complete.

Now, after 62 years it's time for me to become a responsible adult.

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    Yesterday, my status was changed to mailed. It's just about complete.

Now, after 62 years it's time for me to become a responsible adult.

Mine changed to mailed today after one day of manufacturing pending, that puts it at 63 days for mine and probably another 4 in the mail!

pinoyinus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Round Rock
    I was told that one person handles all foreign-born applicants. That's why my application has taken more than 75 days and is still on-going. Any foreign-born CHL applicants here who are experiencing the same delays?

Socaltonorthtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I was told that one person handles all foreign-born applicants. That's why my application has taken more than 75 days and is still on-going. Any foreign-born CHL applicants here who are experiencing the same delays?

Who told you that?

Mine has taken about 65 days, and is in BG under review. I was born in Europe though I have lived here 35 years, am a US citizen, and served 8 years in the US Navy.

pinoyinus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Round Rock
    Who told you that?

Mine has taken about 65 days, and is in BG under review. I was born in Europe though I have lived here 35 years, am a US citizen, and served 8 years in the US Navy.

I didn't get a name but the lady who I spoke to is in the processing dept. You see, there's a first line dept. that answers your call. After I explained to them that my application was submitted on April 13 and is still in "background check: under review" status, I was transferred to the dept. that actually processes the CHL applications. She said that my BG check was already in and all it needs is for my DL photo to be scanned in. So she sent an e-mail to the person who handles foreign-born applicants. She said that if I don't see the status change in 48 hours, I can call them back. Well after 4 days, the status did not change. So I called back and gave them the story. The lady I spoke to this time said she'll take care of it and I should get it in 2 weeks. The next day, I checked the status and that it updated to "Background check: completed". I checked today and the status shows"Concealed Handgun License : Mailed". If the status of your application doesn't change in a week or 2 I suggest that you give them a call.

Last edited:

Socaltonorthtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I didn't get a name but the lady who I spoke to is in the processing dept. You see, there's a first line dept. that answers your call. After I explained to them that my application was submitted on April 13 and is still in "background check: under review" status, I was transferred to the dept. that actually processes the CHL applications. She said that my BG check was already in and all it needs is for my DL photo to be scanned in. So she sent an e-mail to the person who handles foreign-born applicants. She said that if I don't see the status change in 48 hours, I can call them back. Well after 4 days, the status did not change. So I called back and gave them the story. The lady I spoke to this time said she'll take care of it and I should get it in 2 weeks. The next day, I checked the status and that it updated to "Background check: completed". I checked today and the status shows"Concealed Handgun License :Mailed". If the status of your application doesn't change in a week or 2 I suggest that you give them a call.

Thank you. Very good info.

paganini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013

No. I got mine within 35 days in 2000ish (didn't renew). I got a new CHL today and it was mailed late April, might be a bit longer than usual.

I think it has a lot more to do with conflicting names than anything else. IN fact, if you were born in a foreign country, FBI should have a file on you already (all green card holders get through a background check once, then another one when you become naturalized).

My wife, however, still hasn't gotten hers but it hasn't been two months yet.

I do not think they update the status until they have gotten a background check done.

Derek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Well I sent my stuff off May 3rd and got my license June 8th

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    After the state having told me that they lost my forms, and my going to the trouble of faxing everything off to them with a blank picture form so they can use my driver's license photo, I got my license yesterday WITH the picture that was in the packet that they said they lost. So, I guess we can't necessarily go by what they tell us. I'm glad to have it.

Now my son in law did everything at the same time as me, and several weeks ago it said they were doing the background check, but nothing has changed since then. They have been checking for 5-6 weeks. He's gone thru several background checks for licenses for banking and securities, so there's nothing to stop him from getting it. So, could they have lost his stuff while doing a background check?

Top Bottom