Texas SOT

How many LEO's does it take to arrest 1 guy with 1 traffic warrant?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    The OP keeps making reference to how "small" this warrant it......Then stop talking about it. Your brother messed up and now he's paying his dues. So what. You think this traffic stop is so minor. Yet another "routine" stop. That kind of routine stop has killed officers, and injured many more. You haven't worked a shift in my shoes, or many other officers of this forum.
    traffic stop:
    Officer, Suspect Injured During Shooting - YouTube
    and another
    Rochester Police officer injured during traffic stop - YouTube
    and another
    "Routine" Traffic Stop Results In A Shootout - YouTube

But hey.....we'll just continue to walk up on cars and shake hands while apologizing for using tactics, training, and safety in numbers and eyes. lol
    ARJ Defense ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Question to OP (tatsun). Is this the same brother who lives in the slum where you and all his other house guests had bullets flying at you cuz of the upstairs neighbor and the drug dealer behind the dumpster? If so, time to ask yourself some hard questions and give straight answers.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    He is mad cause the cops treated him like a criminal rather than invite his brother first for tea and finding out what kind of guy he was, then not impounding the vehicle, etc.

Wow

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Eventually, 100% of the threads get off course or perceived different lol.

Look, a Spartan IMAG0372.jpg

gwtx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Santa Fe, TX
    The OP keeps making reference to how "small" this warrant it......Then stop talking about it. Your brother messed up and now he's paying his dues. So what. You think this traffic stop is so minor. Yet another "routine" stop. That kind of routine stop has killed officers, and injured many more. You haven't worked a shift in my shoes, or many other officers of this forum.
    traffic stop:
    Officer, Suspect Injured During Shooting - YouTube
    and another
    Rochester Police officer injured during traffic stop - YouTube
    and another
    "Routine" Traffic Stop Results In A Shootout - YouTube

But hey.....we'll just continue to walk up on cars and shake hands while apologizing for using tactics, training, and safety in numbers and eyes. lol

I'm not anti-cop, just anti- cop that for whatever reason shouldn't be doing what they do for a living... I'm also anti-criminal, too bad people can't live their lives without mucking up somebody else's... Works both ways... Most cops are good at what they do and are appreciated for it, others not so much... http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

G
    W

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm not anti-cop, just anti- cop that for whatever reason shouldn't be doing what they do for a living... I'm also anti-criminal, too bad people can't live their lives without mucking up somebody else's... Works both ways... Most cops are good at what they do and are appreciated for it, others not so much... Injustice Everywhere

GW
    I am not even sure WTF this post even means, except that you are attempting to bring the spotlight on the extremely small percentage of police that dont do it right. What does that have to do with the topic of a convicted felon who got arrested for not paying a ticket?

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Guys guys guys!!! Everyone bring it back down a bit. I have purposefully not responded to anymore posts, due to the perceived notion by many of you that I am mad at the police and being flamed repeatedly.

FOR THE RECORD, NO! I am not blaming the officers for arresting my brother, NO! I am not saying my brother should not be held accountable, and NO! I am not saying my brother deserves any special treatment, even when I ask about the truck being released and wallet released to me. I am not saying he just deserves it, or its his right to have it released. I am asking, if all of the other officers were willing to release it, why was the AO so determined not to?

Let me break it all down, so nobody else takes anything out of context here. This was only meant to be a debate, and to get questions answered, not a witch hunt, or flame away on Tatsun thread.
    1. Do you feel there were too many officers making the arrest? Yes/No?
    2. Why do you feel so many officers arrived to make the arrest?
    3. Do you think or feel that my brothers 12 year old felony had anything to do with the number of officers present? Yes/No?
    4. Do you think it would have been different had it been a soccer mom with no previous history? Yes/No?
    5. How long should a man carry the burden of past mistakes, even when he has paid his debt to society?
    6. Do you feel that 7 officers was overkill, once its determined my bro is no threat?
    7. Do you believe that some of the LEO's (a small percentage) that use their job as a way to abuse power, or deal with a small man complex should be allowed to continue to be an officer, or just receive more training?

In #7, I say that, as although I was not there, and am only re-stating what my brother told me, it just seems that the AO was kind of on a power trip. He kept digging his fingers into my brothers biceps, even left bruises apparently ( dont know for sure, havent seen my bro in person.) Kept telling my brother over and over to not resist (my bro would not resist, he is so afraid of ever going back to prison) and my brother was being completely compliant, polite, and cordial. He did everything he was told, and the other officers were willing to release his truck and wallet, but the AO insisted it was not going to happen. If you were the AO, why do you think he would act this way? Why do you feel he wouldnt release the truck or items? Do any of the other officers have any say, or do you think its all rank related?
    You know, as a matter of fact, even my cousin who is a LEO has told me he has seen it too many times where other LEO's sometimes are in a bad mood, or even having a rough day and are more inclined to make an arrest or traffic stop on individuals as hard as possible, just to be a jerk.

My point is, my brother paid his dues, for a mistake he made as a teenager. I feel for ex-cons, especially those with non-violent offenses, and have no repeated offenses, because even when they are like my brother, and do their time, get out, and try to live a trouble free life, its hard to do, even after 10-12 years later, because it seems like people just can't let it go. Yes, he had a ticket, and didnt pay it. He paid an attorney to take care of it, and moved to Seattle, thought it was settled and forgot about it. This happens sometimes to people.

As I stated in my OP, and have stated repeatedly, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with LEO's doing their job, and appreciate what they do! If it were not for LEO's, this country would be in such a state of anarchy, nobody would be safe.

You guys just amaze me! Yes, of course anyone would think that I would be biased towards my brother, but its not that. As stated previously,the other officers were willing to release my brothers truck to me, and his wallet so as not to have it towed, and allow me to go pay his ticket. It was just one LEO, the AO that would not allow it. I understand there are crazies everywhere and no officer knows who, or what they are dealing with on each traffic stop. I guess I should have posted this another way to all of the LEO's on the forums, as to would they have allowed the truck to be released and wallet given to me, if as I have already stated, my brother was fully compliant, had no illegal weapons, drugs etc, and was polite and cordial and understood that he was being arrested. Hell, even in OP, I even stated that I love it when an encounter with LEO's go well, even as far as citing TexasRednecks encounter. Or the fact that my uncle and cousin are both LEO's. Or the fact that I have stated I have no problems with LEO's doing their jobs. I find it funny how so much of that is forgotton so fast.
    You guys sure know how jump on the bandwagon, but it doesnt look much like you guys know how to stop the wheels from turning. WOW!

AND...Vaquero, to answer your question...yes, its the same brother, but what does that have to do with anything at all about this? What questions should I be asking myself, and what "straight answers" are you looking for? That makes no sense.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    1. I checked out that website. It posts "alleged" cases of misconduct "as tracked by the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project". So in other words we post everything that anyone alleges happened whether true or not and call it a scientific study....LMAO. Don't we have a tinfoil section for crap like this?

2. How do you make the segway from cops who professionally did their job in arresting someone with a warrant (the subject of this thread)....to there are lots of crooked cops out there?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    1. Do you feel there were too many officers making the arrest? Yes/no? no
    2. Why do you feel so many officers arrived to make the arrest? who knows and who cares, he is a convicted felon, they are going to err on the side of caution, plus you were parked in front of a police station.
    3. Do you think or feel that my brothers 12 year old felony had anything to do with the number of officers present? Yes/no? yes
    4. Do you think it would have been different had it been a soccer mom with no previous history? Yes/no? yes
    5. How long should a man carry the burden of past mistakes, even when he has paid his debt to society? if convicted of a felony, probably forever.
    6. Do you feel that 7 officers was overkill, once its determined my bro is no threat? no
    7. Do you believe that some of the leo's (a small percentage) that use their job as a way to abuse power, or deal with a small man complex should be allowed to continue to be an officer, or just receive more training? this is a stupid question and it is questions like this that get you flamed.

in #7, i say that, as although i was not there (enought said, you werent even there), and am only re-stating what my brother told me, it just seems that the ao was kind of on a power trip. He kept digging his fingers into my brothers biceps, even left bruises apparently ( dont know for sure, havent seen my bro in person.) kept telling my brother over and over to not resist (my bro would not resist, he is so afraid of ever going back to prison) and my brother was being completely compliant, polite, and cordial. (again...you werent there) he did everything he was told, and the other officers were willing to release his truck and wallet, but the ao insisted it was not going to happen. (you werent there, you are getting one version of what happened) if you were the ao, why do you think he would act this way? (we dont know how he acted) why do you feel he wouldnt release the truck or items? (department policy in most cases) do any of the other officers have any say, or do you think its all rank related? its probably policy related, they aren't there to do him favors. He seems to make bad decisions when it comes to the law.
    you know, as a matter of fact, even my cousin who is a leo has told me he has seen it too many times where other leo's sometimes are in a bad mood, or even having a rough day and are more inclined to make an arrest or traffic stop on individuals as hard as possible, just to be a jerk. while cops are people and have bad days i am still failing to see where they did anything wrong/inappropriate to your brother.

my point is, my brother paid his dues, for a mistake he made as a teenager. I feel for ex-cons, especially those with non-violent offenses, and have no repeated offenses, because even when they are like my brother, and do their time, get out, and try to live a trouble free life, its hard to do, even after 10-12 years later, because it seems like people just can't let it go. Yes, he had a ticket, and didnt pay it. He paid an attorney to take care of it, and moved to seattle, thought it was settled and forgot about it. This happens sometimes to people. Tell him to explore having his record expunged. Ultimately it is his responsibility to take care of a ticket not a lawyers. from other posts you have made it seems he is still putting himself in situations that are less than desireable.

as i stated in my op, and have stated repeatedly, i have absolutely no issues whatsoever with leo's doing their job, and appreciate what they do! If it were not for leo's, this country would be in such a state of anarchy, nobody would be safe.

You guys just amaze me! Yes, of course anyone would think that i would be biased towards my brother, but its not that. As stated previously,the other officers were willing to release my brothers truck to me, and his wallet so as not to have it towed, and allow me to go pay his ticket. It was just one leo, the ao that would not allow it. I understand there are crazies everywhere and no officer knows who, or what they are dealing with on each traffic stop. I guess i should have posted this another way to all of the leo's on the forums, as to would they have allowed the truck to be released and wallet given to me, if as i have already stated, my brother was fully compliant, had no illegal weapons, drugs etc, and was polite and cordial and understood that he was being arrested. Hell, even in op, i even stated that i love it when an encounter with leo's go well, even as far as citing texasrednecks encounter. Or the fact that my uncle and cousin are both leo's. Or the fact that i have stated i have no problems with leo's doing their jobs. I find it funny how so much of that is forgotton so fast.
    You guys sure know how jump on the bandwagon, but it doesnt look much like you guys know how to stop the wheels from turning. Wow! nobody jumping on a bandwagon... There is just little sympathy for felons and for those who dont pay tickets and get arrested. Especially when you havent cited anything that was done wrong on the part of le

and...vaquero, to answer your question...yes, its the same brother, but what does that have to do with anything at all about this? What questions should i be asking myself, and what "straight answers" are you looking for? That makes no sense. from what you have posted, and thats all we know about your brother, he makes bad choices and puts himself in bad situations.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Man, I am done. Apparently some people are too dumb to read, re-read, or re-read again.
    The whole damn point of the original post was to gauge feelings on manpower related to the arrest, to gauge feelings on the previous felony.
    Not one damn time, did I ever state the officers did anything wrong, nor did I ever imply that they were doing their job wrong. Never, did I defend my brother by saying what he did was right, or even defend him for getting pulled over, arrested, speeding, or getting in trouble as a teenager.
    I find it funny however, that it seems as soon as everyone knows it was for a drug charge, oh man oh man how the flames start burning.
    Repeatedly, I have stated over and over that I have no issues with LEO's doing their jobs, or that I have ever had any problems at all. All of that is forgotten by certain individuals who would use this thread as a way to harp on an ex-con convicted so long ago, and brand them a scourge on society for the rest of his life, although he has works his ass off, takes care of his kids, doesnt get into trouble, and paid his debt to society. Someone stated previously, "There had been no interaction between the police and your brother for some time, so what was there to tell the LEO's he was a stand-up guy"? Well, I think right there you answered your own question. Yes, he had been convicted of a felony, yet had only gotten one ticket in 12 years. Now if he had been dealing drugs, getting in trouble, one would think that he would have more arrests, and a lengthy record to go along with it.
    Whatever....to those of you who took this entire thread out of context, and twisted it into something else, well...I will just bite my tongue.
    To those who are so narrow minded to continually brand an individual for the rest of their lives for 10-12-15 sometimes 20 years later as a bad apple for a mistake they made so long ago, go look in the mirror, and ask yourself, should you not be judged then still on any dumb mistake you may have made when you were a kid? I wasnt defending my brother previously, but damn it, now I am. He made a mistake, paid his debt, and moved on, but its like minded idiots that cannot understand that every person that goes to prison does not become a career criminal, or repeat offender, Its these same morons, that make it hella hard for people that want to live a trouble free life coming outta prison to do so, simply because they only look at the past, and not any of the good that the con has done since being released, or how they havent re-offended, or how they have their shit straight.
    man enough of this, I am finished.
    BYE

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Posts like this rank right up there on the stupidity scale with "can i shoot someone who looked at me funny at a party" scenarios.

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Oh, and P.S.- Texan2, you must be one of the biased individuals I speak of, as you have repeatedly stated, "Felon this, so this happens", or "Felon, so he makes bad decisions", or "Felon, little sympathy". Seems to me, that no matter the offense, no matter the time when it happened, you would rather just lock a person up and throw away the key. Thats biased thinking, and thats stupid!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1. No
    2. Safety in numbers... I have no issue with that
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. I feel that once it's done, it should be done, but also feel that punishment should be much harsher in the first place.
    6. Hard to say, but I don't have a problem with it. See #2
    7. Jerks deserve a chance to redeem themselves. If they can't shape up they should be fired. This applies to any profession.
    8. Opinions are fun!

Tatsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    1. No
    2. Safety in numbers... I have no issue with that
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. I feel that once it's done, it should be done, but also feel that punishment should be much harsher in the first place.
    6. Hard to say, but I don't have a problem with it. See #2
    7. Jerks deserve a chance to redeem themselves. If they can't shape up they should be fired. This applies to any profession.
    8. Opinions are fun!

Thank you TheDan, for your honest, intelligent and to the point answers. Thats all that was ever asked....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom