• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First, with all the folks on this board, is there no one near this place that can confirm that there is a 30.06 sign or not? I don't care what the restaurant owner says, I've heard lots of people claim to know the law when in reality they don't.

Secondly, there is always a grand jury following a shooting. It is an investigative process tasked with seeking information, evaluating allegations and evidence, and determining whether criminal charges are warranted.

Cheers! M2

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The news in Houston showed a picture of the derringer or A derringer while doing that story. The one they showed looked like a Bond .410/45.

Flash

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    Another one proves my point that any idiot can carry. Doesn't mean they should. I support the right to carry, it is just too easy for someone to get a license. I quit working with civilians, because too many think the right to carry means they should. For the most part most they have little to no training before or after. I seen many people carrying in public and you could see the outline of the gun. I hope they make an example of him for endangering the public. You can't make some people understand that they are responsible for every round that comes out of the gun. Whether they meant to do it or not. Hit what you aim at or do not carry. Your livelihood is on the line every time you pick up the weapon.

Mike

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    The only reason this is 'newsworthy' is the fact a firearm was involved. If he'd accidentally backed into the woman, injuring her, we wouldn't have heard a word.

Eli

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    We should have a large gathering there and if they have 30.06 signs get up and walk out, tell the owner what we think of his 30.06 signs and his attitude toward concealed carry.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    We should have a large gathering there and if they have 30.06 signs get up and walk out, tell the owner what we think of his 30.06 signs and his attitude toward concealed carry.
    Well, given that the owner has just had a customer shot in the ass by someone carrying a firearm, I don't think he or she would be very sympathetic and would say "good riddance". It's going to be hard to argue the case in favor of letting customers carry while the owner has this example of negligence to make their case against it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, given that the owner has just had a customer shot in the ass by someone carrying a firearm, I don't think he or she would be very sympathetic and would say "good riddance". It's going to be hard to argue the case in favor of letting customers carry while the owner has this example of negligence to make their case against it.

Well put, and despite what some think, it's the property owners absolute right to prohibit firearms on the premises. I don't think some huge protest is going to change his mind; in fact, I think it would only been seen as negative towards the pro-gun community.

What right do we have to tell someone what they can do on their property? People on here scream about property owner rights, and then turn around and want to protest those who exercise those rights if they don't agree with them...

If you refuse to shop/eat at an establishment because of a 30.06 sign, that's your right; but wanting to conduct such a protest as described above won't accomplish anything...

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Well put, and despite what some think, it's the property owners absolute right to prohibit firearms on the premises. I don't think some huge protest is going to change his mind; in fact, I think it would only been seen as negative towards the pro-gun community.

What right do we have to tell someone what they can do on their property? People on here scream about property owner rights, and then turn around and want to protest those who exercise those rights if they don't agree with them...

If you refuse to shop/eat at an establishment because of a 30.06 sign, that's your right; but wanting to conduct such a protest as described above won't accomplish anything...

I agree. Same thing goes for throwing new's crews off your property.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I didnt know raffas was anti gun. Thats walking distance from my parents house. Never liked their food, thay take good things and dump fancy ass sauces all over them and screw them up. Ill never eat there again.

Also if you buy high quality firearms they dont fire when dropped. Why anyone would carry a POS derringer is beyond me.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    What is that all about. the articles I have read about this incident seem to pronounce this guy as breaking the 30.06 law.

EVERY firearm should have some form of drop safety.

Also I can not think of a gun that would be worse for defensive carry than a 2 shot 38 spl with no holster or drop safety.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I read in the paper a couple days ago where he claims they're posted?

I didn't see any?

I think he said it in the original report as well (I'm too lazy to go back and check). Unless they have proof that they did, that's one aspect of this incident that is negated.

However, the individual in question is still in trouble for the ND. I agree with those that question their choice of firearms, is certainly not one I would choose! I hope the victim makes a quick and thorough recovery!

Cheers! M2

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well I disagree. 2011 is a no shrug year and letting the owner know that being anti firearm will cost him business is well worth the effort.

Sorry.

Top Bottom