• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Hmm... I wonder what kind of handgun it was.

Edit to add: And since the news is reporting on this I'm surprised an ASSAULT RIFLE didn't fall out of his coat pocket and brutally murder a half dozen people inside an upscale white neighborhood. Seems to be the way the media wants people to believe this stuff goes down.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Dang!!
    Stupid idiot done went and shot a old woman in the ass!
    Doesnt matter what license or class stupid people take, you still cant fix stupid!
    People argue with me all the time as to my prefered method of carrying a handgun. I carry 1911's locked & Cocked, then I lower the hammer.. Makes me feel safer and better about what I do.
    I also hope the punishment for this idiot is severe!
    FixStupid.jpg

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Seems like I read it was a derringer...

Woman shot when man drops gun at Kingwood restaurant

By MIKE GLENN
    HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Jan. 13, 2011, 10:53PM

A woman was struck by gunfire Thursday night after a pistol discharged when it was dropped by a patron at a restaurant in Kingwood, Houston police said.
    The woman and the gun owner were both customers at Raffa's American Bistro, 1660 W. Lake Houston Parkway.

The gun owner, a 66-year-old man, was moving his coat about 8:30 p.m. when his Derringer pistol fell to the floor. It fired and struck a woman who was in a nearby booth, Houston police said.

The woman, 71, was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital in stable condition, police said.

The man has a license to carry a handgun. Harris County prosecutors late Thursday declined to accept any charges against him, police said.

The investigation is continuing, police said.

LINK : Chron

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Years ago I worked in downtown Houston. Some lady that worked there went in the restroom and was using the toilet when she dropped a .22 derringer out of her purse. It hit the floor and fired through the seat wounding her in the posterior. That was back in the '80's and people weren't so worried about terrorists and such, so it took awhile before another woman entered the restroom and heard her pleading for help. She ended up OK, except for losing her job and having to learn to pee standing up for awhile.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I dropped my G17 out of my pants at a night club in North Dakota back in 1993...someone picked it up and gave it back to me.

Point: Glocks are the best guns ever! Muhahaha!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Any desire that I never had to carry a derrinver just left me.

The reportors claimed the cold found carpet fibers in between the hammer and the gun.

Could the yard have beenn carrying it cocked and unlocked?

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    This article mentions the signs:

"Tony Raffa, owner of the restaurant, said proper signs - as required by law - are posted in the front foyers at both Kingwood restaurants in his ownership, prohibiting entry into the establishments while in the possession of weapons."

If the reporting is accurate and the owner actually knows the law re: signs, the place could have been legitimately posted and the guy made his first mistake by walking in. Then again, if that's all true, wouldn't charges have been filed by now? Confessing a bit of ignorance here, but if you carry past a legit 30.06 sign, what would law enforcement do at the scene?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Occasionally in spite of legality and rights there is a human misfit. Should you doubt this statement, next time driving down the freeway look left and right and observe, you'll see what I am referring to....some drivers.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom