Not open for further replies.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I guess you miss where I talk about driving a 22 year old truck & the car is 8 years old. Could be you missed where I have talked about having 2 jobs for 22 years, with a primary job for 36 years. I'm sure I have talked about working every bit of over time on that primary job. I could be wrong but I might have mentioned I'm old & have been buying ammo & guns for some time.

Excuse the phuc out of me if I am proud of the fact that my NFA collection has grown in value better then my 401K. And then there was the fact that I lived in a really crappy house for 27 years on an expensive lot that paid off rather well for me. Funny thing about that house it was less when I bought it then the price of most peoples new trucks these days.

I really don't see it as bragging rather trying to tell others a fool & his money are soon departed. My ass didn't go to college either racking up student loan debt. I chose an apprenticeship program to learn a trade. Could be you missed out the wife & I not having kids or having been divorced both things that will drain a mans wallet. I'm not knock people who have kids, we didn't have any because we got tired of listening to those we knew that did cry about the cost of them.And in many caseload to a divorce.

Not everyone had a father who taught them the value of a dollar or get out & earn what you want. I grew up with that old hard work pays off mentality. My wife couldn't manage money because neither of her parents could. She also seen the way I was paying cash instead of financing vehicles made sense. I didn't pay off a 30 year mortgage 15 years early because I had to have a boat, murdercycle, fancy new vehicle every 2 years. I seen the folly of people around me pissing away money & did not follow them into debt.

Lots of people called me a cheap bastard because I cut my own hair, cut my own grass.I was one of those last hold outs on a cell phone, I didn't pay for cable, or internet. Just like now I get free WiFi because I lease my tower to them.

Pops mentioned people lining up to shoot my MP5K recently. I shot it first, then took two ladies out to experience shooting it. Third was Jonas. The only real he was third was I was trying to figure out a way for him to be able to shoot it. The time before that I let Jonas wife along with others there shoot the M203. Now I know your going to ay there he goes bragging, but it was something that most people will never get a chance to do especially for free. Go price M781 Chalk rounds. I gladly let people I barely knew shoot 25 of them that day. Not to brag but rather for their enjoyment.
    There's no shortage of you patting yourself on the back on the forum.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    I never heard of Collins Street Bakery until 2017 when I went there after having a work confrence there. I do like them but my wife's grandmother makes one that it kinda gooey and I love it the most. I was glad though to start seeing Collins fruit cakes at Brookshire Brothers last year. Hate the price but a good splurge every once in a while.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A Doc I worked with stuck his head in the break room and asked if my wife and I liked fruit cake, I said yes and and he gave it to me. A few seconds later I was paged to see a patient. When I went back for the fruit cake............. only the tin remained.....

Yes, years later I am still pissed.......................

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    How does "Fruit Cake" get +100 replies and +1000 views in 36hrs?

Ah, it's TGT . . .

TGT'ers all secretly love fruit cake and fruit cakes. And any thread about fruit cake or fruit cakes is sure to have derailment on the scale of East Palestine (which is a confusing damn name - if Palestine is in the Middle East, how the **** is East Palestine, which is thousands of miles west of the middle east, "East" Palestine? Is it because "East" Palestine is east of Palestine, Texas? Or is it like South Bend, Washington vs North Bend, Oregon which are hundreds of miles apart and the South Bend being north of North Bend?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    wtf.gif

tumblr_lz6w8dylsT1qfgo1to1_500.gif

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    TGT'ers all secretly love fruit cake and fruit cakes. And any thread about fruit cake or fruit cakes is sure to have derailment on the scale of East Palestine (which is a confusing damn name - if Palestine is in the Middle East, how the **** is East Palestine, which is thousands of miles west of the middle east, "East" Palestine? Is it because "East" Palestine is east of Palestine, Texas? Or is it like South Bend, Washington vs North Bend, Oregon which are hundreds of miles apart and the South Bend being north of North Bend?

Fruit cake is like the Glock of the food world. No one publicly likes them....but everyone will eat a piece when nobody else is looking.....

Wonder how many fruit cakes Moonpie has....

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Fruit cake is a gift that keeps on gibing. Used mostly as a doorstop. Lasts all year.

I like fruitcake and I'm pretty sure I've never had one considered as "top shelf".
    Fortunately, like wine, which I also like, I can't tell the difference between a $5 version from a $50 version.
    So if anyone using their fruitcake as a doorstop I'll trade you a glock (edit: rock... eh never mind; no difference) for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom