• ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was reading along, and got to this part:

I have a phone. I have a flashlight. I have two knives. I have a firearm.

Then I started thinking did I write this?

Boy would I be bogged down!

I actually stopped carrying every day a few years ago. Since retiring, I am not out and about in public every day like I was in the past.

Still always have one or two very close by though.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    orbitup, thanks for posting that article. It’s refreshing to read an article like that. It helps to re-enforce and assure me that my mindset, outlook on life and most importantly, acute situational awareness in public, is not just some phobia or form of paranoia. I’m glade to see I’m not the only one with similar thoughts {of awareness} that cross my mind. I too, strive to be the ‘grey man’ he so aptly describes (without actually using that term). And first & foremost, the avoidance of trouble and ‘bad situations’ is always at the forefront of my mind. Thanks again for posting that article.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    The linked article was good, was it in response to the one linked in it? "Why your gun makes nervous" - twit

"please have a badge, please have a badge" -ugh

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although I will admit I don't carry while welding, I like not having spatter on my EDC, it's close. Also, at home, it will be within reach.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I carry unless I’m flying somewhere for business. I don’t like the feeling of being unarmed, especially in leftist paradises like Newark and Detroit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even without a firearm, I'm never unarmed. The best weapon a human was equipped with is their brain. Using your brain, anything around you can become a deadly weapon.

Now granted, a gun many times is the better option in many situations, but I like to think of it as just another tool in the toolbox.

A friend of mine has a saying he taught me, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every thing looks like a nail."

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Even without a firearm, I'm never unarmed. The best weapon a human was equipped with is their brain. Using your brain, anything around you can become a deadly weapon.

Now granted, a gun many times is the better option in many situations, but I like to think of it as just another tool in the toolbox.

A friend of mine has a saying he taught me, "If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every thing looks like a nail."

2fd43bb0ba3c507fa3b21811b81144b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 2fd43bb0ba3c507fa3b21811b81144b5.jpg
      2fd43bb0ba3c507fa3b21811b81144b5.jpg
      25.9 KB · Views: 670
    Top Bottom