• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I woke up this morning feeling more sore than usual - sore in my damn fingers and palms, and a little congested. The congestion I wrote off to allergies, pretty typical for me. But the soreness was unexplainable, as I haven't had *that* much physical exertion yesterday. We had two of the DIY tests in the cupboard, one of our friend's daughters was diagnosed last week with The Coof - so everyone in our circle got tested. I tested negative last week.

I took the damn test to rule out the Rona, just in case - and the damn thing came back positive. I scheduled a test with Walgreens tomorrow to confirm it.

I used the Abbott brand BinaxNOW test.

I've been taking vitamins regularly - I'm doing Vit B complex, C, D3, Potassium (I take it regularly for leg pain anyway), Zinc, plus calcium, and Glucosamine Condroiton (to help with joints) - I'd add NAC to the mix, but can't find it locally. You can barely find ANY vitamins locally.

So far I just feel like I was out in the hot sun for too long. Going to be taking it easy, maintaining fluid & food intake, saying my prayers like a good boy, and trying not to go crazy. Had to get the wife from work and the kiddo from school for impromptu quarantine.

Glad we haven't started the Coof Camps here in the US, unlike our convict-descended cousins in Australia.
    DK Firearms

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Weird, I didn't have those symptoms, and you don't mention a cough.

Hope you get better soon.

Well the congestion causes a minor cough, but so far it hasn't progressed to a regular thing. I'm also slathering up with Vicks VapoRub to help keep the nasal passages open.

When I had the Rona 1.0, I ticked off all the major boxes - this time, I'm guessing I got Delta or Moo or whatever, or my natural immunity is helping? Who knows.

Our friend's kiddo who was tested positive last week only had the fever - she was bouncing around like a regular kid by afternoon, the fever would come on in the evenings. 4 days after her positive test, she tested negative and has remained symptom free.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Feel better soon! Are you going to get the monoclonal antibody infusion treatment too? I have plans to do that ASAP if I ever test positive.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Feel better soon! Are you going to get the monoclonal antibody infusion treatment too? I have plans to do that ASAP if I ever test positive.

Probably not unless it starts to get bad. We're between health insurance right now - I"m self employed, wife started a new job and is still 40+ days out from getting benefits. So for now I'm self-treating at home, going to keep up hydration, vitamins, treating symptoms as they pop up, and hoping I don't need to go to a hospital. I'm sure the antibody treatment would run thousands.

When I had Rona 1.0 - it sucked, lasted a couple weeks, but I bounced back. Now I know what I did wrong (I guess you're NOT supposed to take Ibuprofen if you have Rona, that was my main stay for the headache and muscle ache the first go-round) - I also didn't eat near enough the first go-round. Had appetite loss. Going to keep eating regularly this time.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I took Robitussin chest congestion cough syrup. Forced myself to cough like crazy 5-6 times a day to get it out. The stuff I coughed up was disgusting and different than other junk I’ve coughed up.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Probably not unless it starts to get bad. We're between health insurance right now - I"m self employed, wife started a new job and is still 40+ days out from getting benefits. So for now I'm self-treating at home, going to keep up hydration, vitamins, treating symptoms as they pop up, and hoping I don't need to go to a hospital. I'm sure the antibody treatment would run thousands.

When I had Rona 1.0 - it sucked, lasted a couple weeks, but I bounced back. Now I know what I did wrong (I guess you're NOT supposed to take Ibuprofen if you have Rona, that was my main stay for the headache and muscle ache the first go-round) - I also didn't eat near enough the first go-round. Had appetite loss. Going to keep eating regularly this time.

Check this out. According to the article, the treatment is free:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Licorice root extract. If it’s really bad add olive leaf extract. Take apart the capsules and mix the powder with a cup of water to get direct effect and coat the throat. Do two capsules per extract. Or more. It’s safe. Thank me later.

Also, add a uncooked bell pepper to your diet everyday.

You will kick it’s ass.

Edit: for anyone who’s infected...this is not a home remedy. It will make you better. It’s been my supplement for years and I can’t remember the last time I was sick. What big pharma doesn’t want you to know is in the early 2000’s when sars hit, testing was done with licorice root and it was more effective fighting the virus than their best anti viral drug but it’s really the only thing licorice root is good for. Olive leaf is a good generic supplement because it makes viruses malfunction.

Last edited:

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014

America's Frontline Doctors, sign up on line, costs $90, telemedicine visit. They will prescribe hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin, Z-pack, prednisone, and an inhaler. Prescription cost was about $60 without insurance for my wife.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston

The cost for the monoclonal antibodies are picked up by the state. Insurance not required or even asked for. I see you are in Magnolia. The infusion site is in the Woodlands at an old oral surgery hospital that was mothballed but kept operational by the hospital district for uses such as this. I suggest getting the treatment

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well the congestion causes a minor cough, but so far it hasn't progressed to a regular thing. I'm also slathering up with Vicks VapoRub to help keep the nasal passages open.

When I had the Rona 1.0, I ticked off all the major boxes - this time, I'm guessing I got Delta or Moo or whatever, or my natural immunity is helping? Who knows.

Our friend's kiddo who was tested positive last week only had the fever - she was bouncing around like a regular kid by afternoon, the fever would come on in the evenings. 4 days after her positive test, she tested negative and has remained symptom free.
    Or, you may have had the flu, a common cold, or something else the first time as the tests they used tested you positive for a whole bunch of things.

Either way , get well soon.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    I hope you feel better!! I am just getting over it myself.... Its been interesting, make sure not to stay to sedentary. It sucks but other than that I really don't have any good advice other than stay hydrated and try to eat.

Top Bottom