• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The compound from the licorice root is the same as in green pine needles or star anise fruit. The latter has been used in Chinese medicine for a couple thousand years. When properly (cheaply) processed you extract the compound shikimic acid.

That is the same compound used in Tamiflu. The natural method is obviously inferior to the pharmaceutical version.

We have a routine around my place that we fire up whenever someone is feeling like they are coming down with something. Seems to work good for us.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    A quick search on this and glance at some study conclusions had me buying a kilo of the Bulk Supplements extract which is supposedly standardized at 22% Glycyrrhizin...
    Hurley's Gold

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    A quick search on this and glance at some study conclusions had me buying a kilo of the Bulk Supplements extract which is supposedly standardized at 22% Glycyrrhizin...
    In a low tech world, you can boil and water extract what is needed. A quicker way that has been studied actually uses a espresso machine. In this particular case the compound is water soluble. Alcohol extraction is used in other cases and is helped along using an ultrasonic bath.

Studies have been done on it. Here is some info.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25938329/

The problem with brewing anything like this at home it the difficulty in confirming quantifiable amount of the desired compounds. Generally I would track down measured extracts of something and dilute as needed.

With all of this, consult a real Dr. One that prescribes medicine, not pills.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Don't forget other stuff like garlic and things that will "generally" help your immune system. No reason not to.

I use a lot of garlic in my cooking - because its tastey, and because of its health properties. My dogs hate me for it, because dogs cannot have garlic and onions, and so they never get to partake in any of the meaty goodness I make. My lab boy will come plop his big fat head on my knee, give me the puppy eyes, and then about cry when I say "No, you can't have it, it could kill you"

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So day two of The Coof has gone as well as one could hope. I woke up with a lot of muscle pain - that's been the worst symptom of all so far. I feel arthritic in every joint. Hurts to stand and walk, but I've been forcing myself to get out and walk now and again, taking the dogs out to potty.

Congestion is still mostly in the nasal passages.

I had a very low grade fever this morning - 100 degrees

I've been pushing a LOT of liquid the last couple days, and taking lots of vitamins. My pee looks like Mountain Dew. I was waking up every two hours last night to drain the vain, and every time I woke to pee, I'd drink a glass of water to replace it. Used a heating pad on the sorest muscles. Despite waking up so much, I got a good restful sleep over all. I'll see if I can get the licorice root from Amazon - I take oil of oregano daily, which is an immune booster. I can add the licorice too it.

I took my 2nd test this morning, awaiting the results but I'm positive its actually the Rona - they use the same BinaxNOW test if you want the immediate results, and supposedly they are 95%+ accurate, especially if you are symptomatic. I've had lots of people swear the tests are bullshit, and that its prob the flu, but having already have The Coof once before, and the pain that is associated with it, I'm pretty sure this is Rona 2.0 for me.

Next step, after confirmation with the lab of positive result is going to be reaching out to America's Frontline Doctors and doing the telemedicine thing, getting the Fish Pills and Horse Paste, and see if they can do the doctors referral to the antibody clinic, or if I need to get a different doc's referral. Hopefully they can do it, because being uninsured, I'd like to keep costs down. Doctors visits can get spendy quick!

My wife also tested positive this morning, she's a pain in the ass sometimes about things - I've been urging her to take vitamins, stay hydrated, and getting a 2nd test to confirm - she just wants to ride it out unless it gets bad. I tried telling her its better to get a handle on it BEFORE it gets bad. Lead to an argument. Stubborn woman.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Strangest thing about my getting covid, I had been requiring a heating pad on my back first thing in the morning for a couple years.

Since I've been well, I haven't needed the heating pad anymore.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Strangest thing about my getting covid, I had been requiring a heating pad on my back first thing in the morning for a couple years.

Since I've been well, I haven't needed the heating pad anymore.

That'd be a good side effect! I've suffered chronic hip and lower back pain from so many years of driving in one fashion or another for a living - I do the occasional heating pad or hot epsom salts bathes for it.

I was able to find the licorice root extract on Amazon, I should have it tomorrow!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Probably not unless it starts to get bad. We're between health insurance right now - I"m self employed, wife started a new job and is still 40+ days out from getting benefits. So for now I'm self-treating at home, going to keep up hydration, vitamins, treating symptoms as they pop up, and hoping I don't need to go to a hospital. I'm sure the antibody treatment would run thousands.

When I had Rona 1.0 - it sucked, lasted a couple weeks, but I bounced back. Now I know what I did wrong (I guess you're NOT supposed to take Ibuprofen if you have Rona, that was my main stay for the headache and muscle ache the first go-round) - I also didn't eat near enough the first go-round. Had appetite loss. Going to keep eating regularly this time.

Where did you see that about Ibuprophen?

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

There were some publications I read last year, early on in this whole mess. There are other studies that say NSAIDs don't make it worse.

I won't know for sure, because every case is different, but we'll see how this bout fares for me by taking different actions like no Ibu, more vitamins, etc.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Okay, morning of Day 4 of The Coof. Muscle and joint pain is my number one symptom. Its almost excruciating at this point. I feel like I'm 90 years old, and "super arthritis" is the best I can describe the pain.

Amazon dropped off my licorice root extract. I took some in the afternoon right after they dropped it off, then dosed again before bed, and then when I took my vitamins this morning.

My sinus inflammation has gone down dramatically, there's still some congestion and post nasal drip causing a minor cough, but the coughing has thus far always been productive and not dry.

No fever yesterday or so far today. I tried getting an appointment with America's Frontline Doctors for their telemedicine - when you click "schedule a call" - it launches a PDF about how there was a data breach and patient data was given to "The Intercept" by a bad actor. There's no continuation to schedule a call. I tried the phone number for customer service, which is for an organization called "Speak with an MD" - no option to schedule a call via the phone. I tried their website, speakwithanmd.com - and when you click the COVID consultation, it errors out. Right before that, I got a notification page saying "due to server maintenance we are not accepting patients at this time" that flashed onto the screen for a few seconds, before just going to a 404'd page.

It would seem that someone or some group doesn't like the work these doctors are doing and is trying to shut them down. I'm going to keep trying, but it's not looking promising at the moment.

My wife is experiencing more symptoms than I am - body aches (not as bad as mine, but not good either) fever / chills / hotflashes, minor congestion, she's had a few low grade fevers.

I'm more convinced now than ever that this is a bioweapon that targets certain genetic markers, because a supposed "respiratory virus" that has, for me at least, attacked my muscles and joints more than anything else doesn't make much sense. Yeah, I've had muscle aches with the regular flu before, but never like this.

I'm pretty much living on a heating pad right now - heat makes the pain subside, but the instant the heat goes away, the pain comes back full force. Its weird as hell.

I dunno if there's any docs on here willing to do a telemed conference, but I'd sure love it if there were right now.

But until we can consult with a doctor and get some medications, we're going to continue pushing vitamins, hydration, and keep up eating to stay as strong as possible.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I think I may have had it a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get tested. Felt like shit for a couple of days though. I bounced back pretty quick fro whatever I had. I hope I did get it so I have some immunity now.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Instead of using meds to fight vampires or werewolves why don’t you go for the monoclonal ab rx?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'm more convinced now than ever that this is a bioweapon that targets certain genetic markers, because a supposed "respiratory virus" that has, for me at least, attacked my muscles and joints more than anything else doesn't make much sense. Yeah, I've had muscle aches with the regular flu before, but never like this.
    Wife and I were discussing that very thought earlier this week. The discussion continued with a few more questions. Why do some people seem to not only get it once, but get sick again even after "vaccination"? Why do others seem to be able to have multiple direct contacts with infected individuals, with or without the shot, and not seem to be infected / test positive? Why are, according to the media, so many people "asymptomatic carriers" who are risking the lives of the vaccinated and "the children"? Why are children not falling ill at anywhere near the same rates as adults? Why has nobody made much mention of any kind of research into infection patterns?

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Instead of using meds to fight vampires or werewolves why don’t you go for the monoclonal ab rx?

Requires a doctor's referral - which I was hoping to get today from America's Frontline Doctors - but I can't get an appointment with them, so we're trying to find another doctor that can see us that doesn't charge a stupid amount for a consultation. The antibody treatment is/was part of my plan, but since it seems AFD is under some sort of organized cyber attack, they're not taking patients at the moment.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom