• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think more folks should consider those things that seem to prevent bad outcomes:

Don’t be deficient in vitamins, especially D

Get healthy

Lose weight

Get in shape

Get into the best fighting shape you can.
    Not just for covid, but for quality of life in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Olive leaf?

This is a new one for me.

I looked it up and apparently it cures almost everything including fallen arches and heartbreak of psiorisis. Ok, I can't spell it, but it's that skin nasty...

I keed, I keed.

So, what dosage for covid prevention?

Anyone, anyone...Bueller, Bueller?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I woke up this morning feeling more sore than usual - sore in my damn fingers and palms, and a little congested. The congestion I wrote off to allergies, pretty typical for me. But the soreness was unexplainable, as I haven't had *that* much physical exertion yesterday. We had two of the DIY tests in the cupboard, one of our friend's daughters was diagnosed last week with The Coof - so everyone in our circle got tested. I tested negative last week.

I took the damn test to rule out the Rona, just in case - and the damn thing came back positive. I scheduled a test with Walgreens tomorrow to confirm it.

I used the Abbott brand BinaxNOW test.

I've been taking vitamins regularly - I'm doing Vit B complex, C, D3, Potassium (I take it regularly for leg pain anyway), Zinc, plus calcium, and Glucosamine Condroiton (to help with joints) - I'd add NAC to the mix, but can't find it locally. You can barely find ANY vitamins locally.

So far I just feel like I was out in the hot sun for too long. Going to be taking it easy, maintaining fluid & food intake, saying my prayers like a good boy, and trying not to go crazy. Had to get the wife from work and the kiddo from school for impromptu quarantine.

Glad we haven't started the Coof Camps here in the US, unlike our convict-descended cousins in Australia.
    That sucks

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Here's some good starting material to read on licorice root:

Here's some on olive leaf's efficacy:

Nothing direclty about COVID for Olive Leaf - but it is being studied and shows promise for treating other viral infections - namely Herpes (any of ya'll with bumpy bits might want to take notice)

There are other benefits to both extracts.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Came straight from a couple of those articles. One even has pix, if you're not faint of heart!
    I’m good Lol. Tannins are awesome. Another example of how I use them is say I get a stomach virus or need to stop throwing up. I’ll get frozen organic black berries and put a handful (for you that’s like the whole bag) into a cup of cold water. Let sit for 15-20 minutes until you see the water turn color from the tannins and they need to be frozen so the ice lifts those tannins from the berry. Drink slow and repeat as needed. It stops a stomach bug in its tracks.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I think more folks should consider those things that seem to prevent bad outcomes:

Don’t be deficient in vitamins, especially D

Get healthy

Lose weight

Get in shape

Get into the best fighting shape you can.
    Not just for covid, but for quality of life in general

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now you have gone to meddling...

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Day Five - I woke up feeling pretty good this morning, all things considered. It was the first morning since Tuesday where my pain level was approaching my typical level of chronic pain, instead of the more excruciating pain I have been in. Sinus congestion was almost gone BUT it was replaced by a lot of mucous leaking into my throat, causing more coughing (productive, not dry). Otherwise I feel pretty great.

Wife and I went to the infusion clinic in The Woodlands this morning. The nurse who put my IV in was the best I've experienced, I didn't feel a thing, unlike other times I've had to have IV's or blood draws. The IV drip lasts about 20-30 minutes, then we had to sit for an hour for monitoring for side effects before going home.

The nurse was surprised how good my blood pressure was, because its on the lower side. Its always on the lower side, which you wouldn't think a 6'4" fat guy pushing 300 lbs would have - but my average BP during treatment was 116 / 64.

Knock on wood, but so far, no side effects from the infusion.

I think I was on the mend this morning, hopefully this infusion just kicks that into higher gear and I'll be back to 100% soon. Going to continue the vitamin / herb treatment, as it certainly seemed to help (and certainly did not hurt)

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just got news my 7 yr grandson has it. Not good he's not a healthy kid he has adrenal insufficientcies.

Here's praying he doesn't get it bad and is over it quick!

Day six - the only symptom I seem to have left if the mucous draining into my throat and associated cough. My pain levels feel normal this morning. I don't have any other symptoms. I'd reeeally love it if the mucous dries up - I think I'm going to try taking one of my allergy pills to see if that'll help that symptom.

Top Bottom