• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    As a Catholic and an Aggie I am required to have thick enough skin to take a joke.

This doesn't offend me; however, you're probably going to Hell for it

As an atheist, anytime someone tells me that I'm going to hell has the same effect on me as a hippie telling me he is going to punch me in my aura. :)

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    ...but does religion = faith? I know in some people's eyes it does, but faith is such a personal and intimate thing that this cannot be true. It cannot be collectivized (though many try). There is no way to truly understand someone else's faith. Of course there are going to be disagreements and differences of opinion. The main thing to remember is that a difference of opinion is nothing to get bent out of shape about.

It doesn't matter what we get bent out of shape about. What matters is if it causes someone else to get bent out of shape.
    Within reason, of course. I'm not saying that we can never open our mouths out of fear of offending someone, but topics like "religion" or "faith" are extremely polarizing, and often cause people's strongest emotions to come out.

If I as an atheist can respect other people's religions and faiths, then I don't understand why anyone else can't.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    I honestly find just talking about this informative. As in 2 aethiest in last few post. Its very informative to me because I honestly thought they were very rare. I was obviously mistaken. I dont care what another person is because its their right to choose. I do understand people do get offended easily and it causes lots of disruption on the boards but heh, if we backed down from disruption we would probably be a third world country

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    If I as an atheist can respect other people's religions and faiths, then I don't understand why anyone else can't.

^^^THIS^^^

It is very frustrating to have this stuff repeatedly shoved down your throat by people who claim to be the most tolerant among us, but turn around and bash you because you don't share the EXACT beliefs they do.

I could write a book on this stuff, but I wont.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    ^^^THIS^^^

It is very frustrating to have this stuff repeatedly shoved down your throat by people who claim to be the most tolerant among us, but turn around and bash you because you don't share the EXACT beliefs they do.

I could write a book on this stuff, but I wont.

We call them liberals. ^^^^

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom