• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    1911- Kinda becoming a minitruck forum bashing day. I just noticed your part of a fullsize chevy forum. I have been part of fullsizechevy.com for around 7 years now. When did your page originate. I dont remember it when I was real active back around 2004 or so...
    Texas SOT

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    New forum member, five posts made, "Herp derp, speaking hateful shit is protected by the first amendment and it's un-American to stop someone from being a hateful douchebag piece of shit!"

Maybe that has something to do with it.

LOL Herp Derp, I call the dirty guy at work Herpaderp.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Things people have no choice in should be off limits. Stuff like the color of their skin, where they come from, who their parents are, etc... Religion however is a choice, and like other choices should be fair game.

Uh-oh, I see where this is going. Let's not talk about choice vs genetics, we might accidentally OUT Glockster

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    The reason we typically don't post stuff about people's religions is not because it's prohibited by law or something, nor because of some arbitrary "should be off limits" rule.
    It's because it's a very polarizing topic that most people are set in their beliefs about.
    The minute a religion gets brought up, there will be people who will argue till they're dead both for and against it.

It leads to degradation of threads and brings down the forum as a whole.
    That's all.

No one but the mods themselves will prevent you from posting whatever the hell you want.
    But if we want to remain civil on here, we should at least make an attempt to respect certain things about each other.

Just my two cents.

Also, since this one has already begun to slide downhill: In before the lock!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Uh-oh, I see where this is going. Let's not talk about choice vs genetics, we might accidentally OUT Glockster
    Now see that's a good example. There's no good hard evidence either way so both sides are represented by opinion only. Why do we get riled up over differences of opinion. Seriously, the only opinion that matters is mine ;)

Everyone repeat after me:
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words on a semi-anonymous internet gun forum will never hurt me."

Grow up, agree to disagree, and always error on the side of freedom.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Things people have no choice in should be off limits. Stuff like the color of their skin, where they come from, who their parents are, etc... Religion however is a choice, and like other choices should be fair game.

I'm gonna disagree.....and remember - I've got a purty wicked sense of humor. While your religion may be different from mine, it is your faith - and I'll respect that above all else. I tend to avoid those who think religion should/can be made fun of. Now, a "catholic joke" told in the same vein as a "pollack/kraut/whatever" joke - different story. I'm talking about someone who I know to be catholic, for example, and I start making jokes about their specific preacher, etc. Just outside the realm, to me.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    No one but the mods themselves will prevent you from posting whatever the hell you want.
    But if we want to remain civil on here, we should at least make an attempt to respect certain things about each other.

Just my two cents.

Eh, I'm lazy and everybody else is pretty busy, so if anybody has to keep editing out someone's posts, we'll just edit the user out, eventually.

Path of least resistance: Delete five posts a day for the next year, or delete one user once. Simple choice.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    smiley-finger0071.gif

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Well said! I don't understand "bullying on the internet"??? Turn the f**king internet off! Go to a different site, etc. Geez...........Kinda' like somebody bitchin' about what somebody else has on their property/in their yard. If you don't like lookin' at something.............look the other damn direction! If somebody takes offense at my posts and stays here, ya' better learn to deal with it.

I view it less as bullying, and more like the annoying little kid who pokes the angry dog through the fence with a stick.

billy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    austin
    i dont talk about politics or religion.
    my views are nobody else's business
    and i dont care what others think.
    besides
    it's impolite

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm gonna disagree.....and remember - I've got a purty wicked sense of humor. While your religion may be different from mine, it is your faith - and I'll respect that above all else.
    ...but does religion = faith? I know in some people's eyes it does, but faith is such a personal and intimate thing that this cannot be true. It cannot be collectivized (though many try). There is no way to truly understand someone else's faith. Of course there are going to be disagreements and differences of opinion. The main thing to remember is that a difference of opinion is nothing to get bent out of shape about.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Now, a "catholic joke" told in the same vein as a "pollack/kraut/whatever" joke - different story. I'm talking about someone who I know to be catholic, for example, and I start making jokes about their specific preacher, etc. Just outside the realm, to me.

Wait, wait, wait - I got one, I got one -

A Catholic priest, a rapist, and a pedophile walk into a bar.

He orders a beer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom