Lynx Defense

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I've noted several similarities between gun-related forums and performance auto related forums.

There is a core group of users that dictate direction and garner most of the attention, usually friends of of the admin.
    I think it's a comfort zone, more than any real or imagined prowess.

Opinions are deemed facts in more cases than not. Because it's in written and read form, it becomes almost biblical (couldn't resist the pun ... started to use constitutional, but I like the context of biblical better ... just my opinion).
    This perceived axiom creates a friction which produces fire eventually.

The pain felt in one's ego rises exponentially based upon the number of posters who come in after the fact, posting sarcasm, funny pictures, off-color remarks, etc. Call it "fanning the flames" if you like, but I prefer dog-piling. There is no real point to it other than to be a part of a "Look at Me" thread.

Bottom line ... the internet isn't real life. It's the internet. Anonimity allows folks the cajones to "say" things they wouldn't dream of saying in a room full of other people. If you take posts so seriously that it causes you to rage, maybe it's time to log off. Policing these comments doesn't "fix" anything ... just masks the problem.

I have been mod, admin and even an owner of car enthusiast boards since 98. It's an under-appreciated job.

chuckfw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Willow Park
    Actually it had a lot to do with Muslim-bashing on the forum. It's not an attempt to keep Christians down. >_>

What's wrong with someone "bashing" Muslims on here if they want? I don't care. When we restrict the right of someone to comment just because we don't want to hear it, it takes away one of the great freedoms we have fought for in this country. Damn shame.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    What's wrong with someone "bashing" Muslims on here if they want? I don't care. When we restrict the right of someone to comment just because we don't want to hear it, it takes away one of the great freedoms we have fought for in this country. Damn shame.

not-sure-if-serious-or-a-troll-thumb.png

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

So it's OK if I go to your parents house and call your mother a bitch? You'd just overlook it because it's a freedom enumerated in the Constitution?

Fact is, the unprinted portion of the Constitution is that you have the right to say those things, but you have the right to also be responsible for the ramifications of the things you say. If you punched me in the face and told me to leave, then you'd be well within your right (in my opinion).

Just because it's socially acceptable to hate on Muslims doesn't make it right. A large majority of Muslims are just people looking to live their lives and support their families ... like the rest of us. It's like painting all gun owners in a bad light because some turd runs off and guns down 20 people. I personally feel that degree of hypocrisy is not wanted.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well said, Alan....

A person's religion should be off limits - unless they attempt to bring it into a cause for their actions (Jihad, etc). Many, many fine folks are Muslim - as there are Christians - yet we've seen those espousing their "Christian" beliefs act against societal norms/laws in the name of "religion" as well - we have to learn how to differentiate ALL the wacko's.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    So, it's been a couple of days now; isn't this supposed to be the point where the thread turns gay? Got close with the ABBA stuff, but nothing about Glockster yet...

chuckfw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Willow Park
    So it's OK if I go to your parents house and call your mother a bitch? You'd just overlook it because it's a freedom enumerated in the Constitution?

Fact is, the unprinted portion of the Constitution is that you have the right to say those things, but you have the right to also be responsible for the ramifications of the things you say. If you punched me in the face and told me to leave, then you'd be well within your right (in my opinion).

Just because it's socially acceptable to hate on Muslims doesn't make it right. A large majority of Muslims are just people looking to live their lives and support their families ... like the rest of us. It's like painting all gun owners in a bad light because some turd runs off and guns down 20 people. I personally feel that degree of hypocrisy is not wanted.

Not worth making a point. You have your views and I have mine, that's the way it works. I don't hate Muslims, I just don't care for some of their ways. I didn't read what the guy said, so I'll just assume that it was pretty bad and that's why you took it off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom