• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have a 2006 Ram 2500 with a Cummins and auto trans. Bought it in 2012 with 54k miles and have 116k right now.

Runs great but the rest of the truck is a turd. I regret selling my 2 old Fords for this thing.
    Capitol Armory ad

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Tex,

Just got off the line with the lead eNgiNeeR from Dodge/FoMoCo/Chevy...

He needs two more double fistfuls of MICRODOT, couple rocks of CRACK & a big AZZ jug of Shine.....

He'll fix it fer ya in a jiffy!

1628438320182.png

He answers to both, sToNeD & sTuPiD!

Later, Mark

E6InTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Houston Area
    Larry the Laramie was my favorite vehicle of all time - Until he hit about 40k miles.

Left me stranded twice - Multiple trips for many repairs. Switched dealers - Zero improvement in reliability.

Traded him and the fifth wheel in for a Class A and went back to Wranglers.

Been thinking about another truck - But I'll probably go pre-1970ish again. Sold my last "old" truck about five years ago.

Bertha was really slow - But at least she was uncomfortable and a pain in the back to drive...

Attachments

• 20140711_114227-1.jpg
      20140711_114227-1.jpg
      519.3 KB · Views: 73

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Been thinking about another truck - But I'll probably go pre-1970ish again. Sold my last "old" truck about five years ago.

Bertha was really slow - But at least she was uncomfortable and a pain in the back to drive...
    :laughing:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Proof that newer ain’t better.
    A co-worker has a Buick SUV with a fob that does everything but tickle her lady parts, until she locked inside, in the back near the lift gate. Fortunately the windows were cracked but it took a herd of men probably 20 man hours to fish it out.

I drive a '13 Highlander and it's cruise control sucks nadz compared to my '09 Beemer bike and the '00 Silverado I sold a couple months ago.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Hey Tex,

Just got off the line with the lead eNgiNeeR from Dodge/FoMoCo/Chevy...

He needs two more double fistfuls of MICRODOT, couple rocks of CRACK & a big AZZ jug of Shine.....

He'll fix it fer ya in a jiffy!

View attachment 270544

He answers to both, sToNeD & sTuPiD!

Later, Mark
    No can do! In 2018 Dodge offered a lifetime warranty just like the original factory warranty and I bought into it. I drove my last RAM 338k before trading it in on my current 2018. Planning on seeing if I can get half a million out of this one!!
    Agreed on the staged picture, but that being said I dare ANY make to try to handle that load on just the bumper. That looks like a 1/2 ton truck and it should at least be a 3/4 ton, or better yet a 1 ton.
    I took a look in the owner's manual for my 2018 Ram 1500 and it states that the towing capacity with the bumper hitch is 5,000 lbs. I guarantee you he is exceeding that easily, especially since it looks like that is a single axle trailer putting most of the load on the tongue.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    A co-worker has a Buick SUV with a fob that does everything but tickle her lady parts, until she locked inside, in the back near the lift gate. Fortunately the windows were cracked but it took a herd of men probably 20 man hours to fish it out.
    I'm surprised it allowed the doors to lock. My wife's Buick SUV won't lock the doors if the fob is anywhere in the vehicle, and blasts the horn quickly 3x when you close the door to let you know.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Fun is changing the plugs on a 77 Camaro where they molded the car around the engine. Gotta love those sharp tin heat shrouds they put around the plugs.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    I'm surprised it allowed the doors to lock. My wife's Buick SUV won't lock the doors if the fob is anywhere in the vehicle, and blasts the horn quickly 3x when you close the door to let you know.
    tl;dr: Wife's 2017 Acadia locks the doors with the fob inside, whether there's a human in there or not.

Obligatory TGT thread hijack: One night we were on our way to Stephenville with the MIL and stopped for gas and bio-break. Wife and MIL go inside for restroom and snacks while I fuel up. Fob is in the cupholder, and not thinking I just hopped out and stuck my card in the pump. *CLICK* - all doors lock and the horn beeps. 10:00pm in a small town with wife and MIL, and keys are locked in the car. Dammit, not only is this embarrassing but it's about to get expensive.

As the girls are coming out of the gas station, I ask if the wife has her keys. THANK GOD they're in her purse, which is on her arm. I *HATE* that feature, but I assure you I'll never forget it's there! I suspect it's a programmable option, but given that it's her car and she likes the feature, it stays. Cost to her: she hears me bitch about it every chance I get.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled tangents.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Sounds like a model year change in behavior. If you ever feel like sticking a wireless module on the CAN bus to offer yourself some options, let me know - I have a few extras ;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom