• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Its about the Lone Star Card program. You know, where working people like us, pay for non working people to gain 100 lbs and get diabetes so we can pay for that too?

I was in Church's Chicken in line to order and a rather obese woman customer was standing in front of the cashier and the cashier was swiping a card that the obese woman customer had given her. The cashier kept telling the obese woman customer that her card was just showing $3.56 and the obese woman customer kept questioning the whole situation and not accepting what the cashier was telling her. Finally, the obese woman customer waddled back into here 1995 Ford Minivan and peeled out visibly upset.

My question is, since I couldn't see what the card was, could this have been a Lone Star Card? I looked around and didn't see a sign saying they took the Lone Star Card. I can't think of any other situation where the cashier could check the balance on a customers card before they order.

If this is the case, I didn't think that fast food was something that could be bought with my tax dollars.

If someone here works fast food maybe they can add some insight here.
    Texas SOT

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    vmax, you're about to open up a huge can of worms between the Libertarians who will say it's none of our business and the Social Conservatives who will say, Hell ya!, send her to the produce aisle in the grocery store, and the Liberals who will tell you she's a victim of McDonald's predatory advertising.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Without the facts you're just speculating. Sounds like there's a dislike of fat people. No, I get no free food... no free anything. Eat enough of that fried chicken and you'll look just like that fat lady only with smaller boobs.;)

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't receive food stamps or anything but I was curious so I did a little research and found this. She probably was using the TANF (monetary benefits) part of the card if it in fact was a Lone Star card.
    3e8baa585404767ad65c087088d86ae3.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I don't receive food stamps or anything but I was curious so I did a little research and found this. She probably was using the TANF (monetary benefits) part of the card if it in fact was a Lone Star card.
    3e8baa585404767ad65c087088d86ae3.jpg

I have been in line at HEB and watched a person pay for groceries and then use the cash portion of the card and buy a carton of cigs right there. So I don't put anything past the ability of people to figure out how to buy some churches chicken with it as well.

When they get the cash portion drawn out they can buy anything with that.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    At one time there were a lot of restrictions on the use of the card. As time as gone by these have been lifted by the libs and now at the federal level I do not believe there are any restrictions at all to include the purchasing of drugs (in states where legal)...the original helping hand has gone from a safety net to a hammock for stoners.

In 1969 I did a research paper on welfare. I looked at everything and interviewed some families. I found one family that was 2nd generation welfare and quite PROUD of the fact! That was 45 years ago. Its my guess that we have families that are now into the 4th generation of living on the dole of the taxpayer and who have never worked for a living.

FYI: First welfare program was in 1846 NYC.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    vmax, you're about to open up a huge can of worms between the Libertarians who will say it's none of our business and the Social Conservatives who will say, Hell ya!, send her to the produce aisle in the grocery store, and the Liberals who will tell you she's a victim of McDonald's predatory advertising.

Nope. Libertarians would say the program shouldn't exist at all.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    At one time there were a lot of restrictions on the use of the card. As time as gone by these have been lifted by the libs and now at the federal level I do not believe there are any restrictions at all to include the purchasing of drugs (in states where legal)...the original helping hand has gone from a safety net to a hammock for stoners.

In 1969 I did a research paper on welfare. I looked at everything and interviewed some families. I found one family that was 2nd generation welfare and quite PROUD of the fact! That was 45 years ago. Its my guess that we have families that are now into the 4th generation of living on the dole of the taxpayer and who have never worked for a living.

FYI: First welfare program was in 1846 NYC.

interdasting. I read Dr Marvin Olasky's book "The Tragedy of American Compassion"
    a detailed research work on how the poor have been handled since the beginning of this nation and how that has changed over the 200 plus years.

back in colonial times, if you were a man and could work and were destitute, you went to a wood lot and chopped firewood and were given what you needed for a couple of days only, not a month's worth
    Women went to sewing rooms. you were given what you needed after you worked for it.

now, you just go to Churches Chicken apparently and get what you want.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Coulda been a gift card. They have a seeable balance.
    Yes you are correct and I am a heavy user of Wal Mart Gift card and YOU should be too!

Wal Mart GIFT card:

Its Free, you just charge it with money. I usually do $500 at a time unless I am traveling then I load it with about a $1000. Why? Wal Mart has a contract with Murphy Fuel and you get somewhere between a 3 cent to 15 cent per gallon discount at the Wal Mart Murphy stores (note Murphy Express do not give the discount. This adds up in a hurry if you are on a trip. My truck has a 37 gal diesel tank and my wifes car has a 27 gal gas tank.

Sam's Club also accepts the card.

I have no idea if the card could be used anywhere else other than Walmart and Sams and have no idea what you can or cannot buy other than fuel

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    And I will simply say she is stupid for being so fat and eating at Church's. Personal responsibility and all.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Why? Wal Mart has a contract with Murphy Fuel and you get somewhere between a 3 cent to 15 cent per gallon discount at the Wal Mart Murphy stores (note Murphy Express do not give the discount. This adds up in a hurry if you are on a trip. My truck has a 37 gal diesel tank and my wifes car has a 27 gal gas tank.
    That is good info, thanks!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Breaking: Just heard on FOX Sun 8:55 am. Study done in Co, showed that over $500,000 was spent purchasing liquor by Welfare card holders, over the past 2 years.

Free food
    Free Booze
    Free Drugs
    Free Meds
    Free Housing
    Free Utilities
    Free Child care
    Free Taxi service
    Free Cell fone
    Free Internet

WHY would anyone go to work, in fact I would think they would be stupid to do so, cannot blame them, instead I blame the far left liberals who set this system up so they would control the people. If it was left up to the leftist 100% of us would be on the plantation. Their obsession with control over people is a sickness.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I've seen 7-11s with signs near the pizzas which proudly boast they accept lone star cards for gas station pizza. I'm much closer to being Libertarian than anything else and I think anyone who buys that garbage with Lone Star is committing fraud, waste, and abuse of taxpayer money and should lose their benefits forever.

Let them eat healthy or starve to death. If they're not in the mood for healthy food then they clearly aren't very hungry.

tango5seven

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    DFW
    Yes you are correct and I am a heavy user of Wal Mart Gift card and YOU should be

I use a sonic card. I won't trade with walmart. Besides, it ain't that great a program.

I work for a grocery store chain. Our rewrd card program gives fuel discount based on what you spent in groceries last month. $.10 discount per $100 purchased up to a dollar. I like two dolla gas when it comes time to fill the tow rig......

Top Bottom