I lost $950 on a SCAMMER on Texas Gun Trader!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ap1169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    San Antonio
    I contacted the FBI, San Antonio Police, Mission Police, Texas Attorney General, USAA Federal Savings Bank (my bank) and the Bank of America and NO ONE wants to do a thing for me. I just guess I am easy!

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Bank of America is anti 2nd Amendment. Good luck getting help from them. I am shocked that the authorities and USAA are not helping.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    OK, I suspect that the banking information does not belong to the actual perp. My X found herself in the middle of a similar type scam where she was convinced to accept and deposit funds into her account. She found herself doing this under the guise of personal assistant position she found listed online.

I squashed it when I discovered what she was doing. Her police report finally garnered enough attention to have her account frozen and her investigated. Yes, they investigated the person that alerted authorities.

Point is, you likely only have a piece of the trail. The person who's account is accepting the deposits is most likely blinded by another layer of deals which are too good to be true. There will likely be multiple layers. At any rate I'm going to call a friend on the local police force for advice in the morning - basically I hope he can give advice regarding how to get BoA to release records regarding traffic in that account. They will not release them to you or I; however the owner of that account holds the next link in the money trail - the AH is probably sending $900 western unions off shore every time they get a $950 deposit.

I will try for advice on my end; however, you should be keeping a detailed log of the emails as well as proof of the wire transfer you can confirm. Walk into your police department with everything well organized and they may respond. If they don't, you can shop this investigation to your local DA or a hungry State ADA.

I'll shoot you a pm with any advice my friend can share. Your money is most likely gone. But I hope you pursue this 'cause the lowlife is Mess'n with Texas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    OK, I suspect that the banking information does not belong to the actual perp. My X found herself in the middle of a similar type scam where she was convinced to accept and deposit funds into her account. She found herself doing this under the guise of personal assistant position she found listed online.

I squashed it when I discovered what she was doing. Her police report finally garnered enough attention to have her account frozen and her investigated. Yes, they investigated the person that alerted authorities.

Point is, you likely only have a piece of the trail. The person who's account is accepting the deposits is most likely blinded by another layer of deals which are too good to be true. There will likely be multiple layers. At any rate I'm going to call a friend on the local police force for advice in the morning - basically I hope he can give advice regarding how to get BoA to release records regarding traffic in that account. They will not release them to you or I; however the owner of that account holds the next link in the money trail - the AH is probably sending $900 western unions off shore every time they get a $950 deposit.

I will try for advice on my end; however, you should be keeping a detailed log of the emails as well as proof of the wire transfer you can confirm. Walk into your police department with everything well organized and they may respond. If they don't, you can shop this investigation to your local DA or a hungry State ADA.

I'll shoot you a pm with any advice my friend can share. Your money is most likely gone. But I hope you pursue this 'cause the lowlife is Mess'n with Texas.

hense, why Ill only do face to face, eye to eye. I don't care what your selling or buying. But iam gonna see your face. And iam gonna shake your hand....or no deal. period. End of story.

Everyweek, someone gets scammed. Doing the same old stuff. Wiring money. And TGT, catches slack for it. When it's the folks not being careful enough, and getting ripped.

I know these are hard words to read. Might piss folks off that have been burn. Oh well. Stop doing money transfers for freaking guns. It's bad mojo, back then, and its really bad mojo, now.

FTF, people. Stop transferring money to some idiot, that jumped the border and bought a comp, to rip you off.

Let your bad deal burn. Its rare to get the funds back. And the police really can't do all that much. lesson learned. move on. never wire a cent ever again.

You have a membership here. use it. We all would rather read and answer questions u have on a on a deal, then hear you got ripped off. And have to explain, just how big a pain it is to recover funds. Ask before you do something dum. Help and advice are only, a few key clicks away.

It sucks for your loss. So learn hard from it.

Brad

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I contacted the FBI, San Antonio Police, Mission Police, Texas Attorney General, USAA Federal Savings Bank (my bank) and the Bank of America and NO ONE wants to do a thing for me. I just guess I am easy!

Contact your state representative. Include the details of the scam. Include your correspondence with these agencies/businesses. Include details, dates, times, locations, names. CC to the Governor, TX Attorney General (again), state senator, and if you want to get really loud include the US reps as well.

If you want to be heard, be professional about making your case. Give yourself a fighting chance of some kind of resolution. State reps like to keep constituents happy. At the very least someone gives it a look.

ap1169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    San Antonio
    He probably has a wire transfer address in Mission, TX too!!!
    The guy who got me goes by protrek and has a Wilson Combat on Texas Gun Trader for $2100 with extras!

czechmate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    I have spoken with an ATF Agent as I attempted correspondence with this individual to purchase the gun as well, but many red flags came up. Fortunately for me, I have not lost any money. This individual attempted to lead me into committing several illegal acts and I am forwarding this info, as well as information I have collected to include his email, phone, this routing/bank info, this thread, and am sending everything to the ATF Agent. PM Me if you additionally have other information regarding this. I will forward it on.

Last edited:

PapaG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Near College Station
    Now days a online escrow service is the way to go. BUT check them out. BBB, Internet, call to their office, address which can be verified. NO PO BOX. Escrow.com is one,the pistol-buy could be good too. I have not used any, but I have not done any internet purchase in a long time. Bought a car off eBay 10 years or so ago, no problem... CHECK, CHECK the company. see about the seller even if you have to pay for a service. I used one on a truck purchase from to check someone out north of Dallas. He checked out. All ok. I only paid him a small deposit, the rest when I went there and checked it out then I paid him. Sorry for your loss, but you wont make it again.

Tips on escrow fraud 10 tips for spotting online escrow fraud

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I run TGTrader ads every now and again. Its been my experience that nobody is ever at home over there. The site is clunky and often unusable, so it obvious that nobody is watching. Now there is a long script running on every page. So until it does its thing the page and every page is frozen. If they won't even maintain the site, how close would they look at somebody willing to pay them money? Its a shame too. Scams will be used as an excuse to take FTF sales away someday.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    aside from not wiring, another useful tool if you are worried about whether or not they even have what they are selling is using a reverse image search. Often times you can quickly see if they are new photos or photos stolen from a random forum.

Right click on the photo from gun trader, select copy image location or copy image url depending on your browser. Go to images.google.com and click the little camera icon in the search box paste the URL there. The search will find that image and/or any similar. If they are showing up as stock photos in stores or anything suspicious you have issues

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Here is a list of some of the suspected fraudulent sellers on Texas Gun Trader:

Ady, ahaba, Alupper1, Alupper11, Angelaleegreen, angelalee1210, angelalee12101, atguns29, ATWILL, benken, billy021, bluff01789, bsbsbss, cleshop, connect, danielgrant, danielgrant40, defender, dosmic0897, Ego, Eli, freeman, furmanvictorialee, Garreth02145, gs704, gunsdon, h.ry, Harold1919191, Hayday, himan, Innovate6, jacq890, jamespedro414, JAREL76, joyce1464, joyce3567, kanditemperor, kel9022, kia, lee123, lindabobo11, lindabobo22, lindabobo224, lindabobo225, lindasuebobo, lop, lovelyapplebreese, Luger, lunap, makla0023, mama, manuelp429, manualp715, maryworley1965, maryy414, melin, michael002, mluna053, Nickelwhite00, Opptape, privatedealer, protrek, rat00123, real_partner, rebecc ablue999, rebeccasorensen, reneesmith232, ritashepard, ritasheppard, ritashepard202, ritasheppard222, roc, Rocmar, sandybu22331, sandyheart12231, sashworth, shockerunit, shonolg, shyla, small01, smallvillelove, steph765, Stephaniep891, stgunn890, strong, superblazzerinternet, sylvestermandrell, takomega007, teresaporter12349, The Man, trendys, us_allen, unitedguns, victorialeefurman, victorialeefurman0, virgin, vleefurman0, vleefurman2, wax, weblord, wikiman, xdsewrey64538, yefs

Which one did you send money to? I haven't counted yet, but I'm starting to think that the number of fake ads on Texasguntrader is about the same as the number of real ones.

If you haven't already, go file a report on the FBI's internet complaint web site, maybe if they get enough complaints they will do something https://complaint.ic3.gov/ I know some of these guys ask for money to be sent to other states, that should get the FBI involved. I would think that a wire transfer between federally insured institutions might qualify as well.

Good luck.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom