I lost $950 on a SCAMMER on Texas Gun Trader!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have purchased/sold several guns from/to TGT indivuals. All sales/purchases have been FTF. Even so, I carry a small pocket pistol just in case someone decides to get squirrelly. So far all players have been honest and pleasant encounters.
    My game plan for on line deals is to never send money to someone I am not sure of and never send more than I am willing to lose. The internet is a wonderful tool for good or eveil. Buyer beware.
    Texas SOT

DefendeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Here is a list of some of the suspected fraudulent sellers on Texas Gun Trader:

Ady, ahaba, Alupper1, Alupper11, Angelaleegreen, angelalee1210, angelalee12101, atguns29, ATWILL, benken, billy021, bluff01789, bsbsbss, cleshop, connect, danielgrant, danielgrant40, defender, dosmic0897, Ego, Eli, freeman, furmanvictorialee, Garreth02145, gs704, gunsdon, h.ry, Harold1919191, Hayday, himan, Innovate6, jacq890, jamespedro414, JAREL76, joyce1464, joyce3567, kanditemperor, kel9022, kia, lee123, lindabobo11, lindabobo22, lindabobo224, lindabobo225, lindasuebobo, lop, lovelyapplebreese, Luger, lunap, makla0023, mama, manuelp429, manualp715, maryworley1965, maryy414, melin, michael002, mluna053, Nickelwhite00, Opptape, privatedealer, protrek, rat00123, real_partner, rebecc ablue999, rebeccasorensen, reneesmith232, ritashepard, ritasheppard, ritashepard202, ritasheppard222, roc, Rocmar, sandybu22331, sandyheart12231, sashworth, shockerunit, shonolg, shyla, small01, smallvillelove, steph765, Stephaniep891, stgunn890, strong, superblazzerinternet, sylvestermandrell, takomega007, teresaporter12349, The Man, trendys, us_allen, unitedguns, victorialeefurman, victorialeefurman0, virgin, vleefurman0, vleefurman2, wax, weblord, wikiman, xdsewrey64538, yefs

Which one did you send money to? I haven't counted yet, but I'm starting to think that the number of fake ads on Texasguntrader is about the same as the number of real ones.

If you haven't already, go file a report on the FBI's internet complaint web site, maybe if they get enough complaints they will do something https://complaint.ic3.gov/ I know some of these guys ask for money to be sent to other states, that should get the FBI involved. I would think that a wire transfer between federally insured institutions might qualify as well.

Good luck.

That is not me...to be clear.
    Not me.

gunbubba

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Sorry, DefendeR. I just pulled that list off of a post on Texas Gun Trader. I'm pretty sure I've seen that 'defender' post up some obviously fake stuff. Makes me wonder if the guys on TGTrader pull names off of TGTalk to use for their fakery.

On a positive note, there seems to have been some kind of clean-up at Texas Gun Trader. Not nearly as many fake ads as usual. Props to David Bradford if he is taking some steps. They still have quite a few fake ads for Colt Pythons, but not as many as before. There are about 20 Pythons listed, maybe 2 or 3 of them are legit. That used to be about 60 Pythons listed with the same 2 or 3 that were legit. Still plenty of fake ads, but a step in the right direction.

knight1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    Houston/Pearland
    Sorry, but one should always be wary when it comes to transactions with strangers. The world can be a f**ked up place with people out there just looking to take advantage. Sorry for your loss, but trust no one. Even with FTF transactions, keep your wits about you.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    That sucks. Have you made a police report? If not do so as this probably fits as a felony and since you wired the money, it should be traceable. Also if you are an NRA member, perhaps their insurance will cover some of that.

I would never send money of any kind, even a USPS Money Order to anyone I don't know personally, or have impeccable credentials on.

As a side comment. I've always wondered why it's always "you send the money, then I'll send the gun" Both sides of the deal have something of equal value they are exchanging, and actually the money side is the most liquid. So, why not "send me the gun, and I'll send you the money" especially if it is going through an FFL.

I have told a few that. They always say," we have to work this deal on trust". I say, then let you be the one that trusts me and send the gun and in return, I will send you the money.
    I have gotten the, I 'm a soldier and sworn to honesty and held to a higher level of expectation. I have seen this exact line used 3 times. I like to play with them and see what they say , make them think the deal might go through.

TGT is full of scams and low lives. I have sent money one time to a guy in Dallas after I talked to him on the phone. I was able to verify his small firearms business first though. Impact Firearms....cheap mags but 2 weeks to ship to me, longest ship time from anywhere in the CONUS that I've ever had .

Sorry hear this happened ,but you have to assume everyone is a thief on there.

M1Garand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Damn, all this talk of getting scammed on Texas Gun Trader makes it seem like a lucrative business to partake in... :p

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever (did I mention never ever?) EVER pay them first. Meet up IRL or have them send it to an FFL first. If they can't do that, then they can't be trusted. Plain and fucking (sorry for the language) simple.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Now I'm getting suspicious about the $1350 SCAR 16s in Tahlequah. Such great prices and they have lasted all week. Maybe I better send my money now!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Now I'm getting suspicious about the $1350 SCAR 16s in Tahlequah. Such great prices and they have lasted all week. Maybe I better send my money now!

Too late!!! I just got back from Western Union.. IT'S MINE!!! Plus he said he is going to cover shipping for being such a great customer. :rolleyes:

Tootie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Schertz, Texas
    I've never bought anything off of TGT at this point and it sounds like that may be lucky on my part. Having said that, sellers requiring wire transfers should immediately cause one to step back and reconsider. YOU CAN NEVER RECOVER A WIRE TRANSFER! The only way to buy is via USPS money orders or credit cards - not debit. You don't have to insist on a deal going through your FFL though, if it does, and you get cheated, you will have the BATFE recovering your money and putting the creep in the pokey for a long, long time.

mikebass78

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Mckinney
    Gun broker or Texas gun trader?

OP says both.

I hate gun trader. Sucks, craigslist of the gun forums. Always be careful unless its someone you have dealt with on another forum before.
    Gouguers, scammers, and all shady types prowl gun trader.

Ill use gun trader if I can't move something, but I will have. Cross posted on the other forums for at least a week, and if I'm not getting bites I'll ask ppl I know to ask friends. Then I might ,I've to gun trader..

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I have been looking for a Dan Wesson ECO for a long time. I found on one Texas Gun Broker last Sunday evening. The guy was in Mission, Texas and had me wire him the money to an address in Mission. Well, He NEVER shipped the ECO and I do not be leave that he ever owned one. I think he copied some pictures off the internet to use in his ad. There are a lot of SCAMS on Texas Gun Trader and they will do nothing about it, BE CAREFUL!!!
    Texas gun Trader , Or Gunbroker.com? Anyway, that does suck. When the money had to be wired that should have sent "the shady" sirens mad. Karma has its way of getting things back, Just chill.

kaarnij

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    Dallas,Texas
    I have been looking for a Dan Wesson ECO for a long time. I found on one Texas Gun Broker last Sunday evening. The guy was in Mission, Texas and had me wire him the money to an address in Mission. Well, He NEVER shipped the ECO and I do not be leave that he ever owned one. I think he copied some pictures off the internet to use in his ad. There are a lot of SCAMS on Texas Gun Trader and they will do nothing about it, BE CAREFUL!!!

October 31, 2013:

This guy is still out there, he is now selling several FN Herstals a 5.7 pistol and a PS90. I refused to send him the large sum of money and he insisted that I wire to his bank. I refused and agreed to send a few hundred to show intent and when the guns arrived I would pay the balance. I found a branch of his bank and deposited cash to his account. Of course when it came time to ship he had all kinds of reasons for not shipping. My lesson was less expensive but loosing a dime to sum like this who reported to be a Naval Officer with Twins being born any minute needs to be prosecuted. I have the account info and the bank did verify that it was the account of a Verna Ronaldson, still have the deposit receipt. Anyway, sounds like everyone here knows better. In truth I did as well, but the deal was just good enough to let me spin the wheel to the tune of $500 bucks. This guy still has adds up on TGT.

Here is the data I have on this guy:

166571514 DL

CWL 476833217

Address 200 Juanita St
    Plainview, TX 79072, USA

Navy Federal Credit Union Account#: 7030755255. Routing#: 256074974. Account name: Verna Ronaldson

Last edited:
    Top Bottom