Join TexasGunTalk

I need a .22lr but not sure which one.

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Higgins909, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-63

2. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Hutto
    I ended up getting a MK IV Trainer. So far I bought a green front fiber optic sight and have a handful of magazines in the mail. I shot it a little bit (group outing, shared my new gun) and within the first 5 rounds I had a bad primer or something. I need to take a 2nd look at where the firing pin is hitting, next time. I think we shot around 100 rounds total, not really sure. The rest was fine. Bought a ultimate clip loader too. (RIP thumb)

I think suppressors look cool, but wouldn't work well at the range I go to. (reds north) Then I'm not sure how hard one is to get and then the price.

3. spill

spill New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    It’ll work fine at any range? You just have to deal with the oppressed while you’re suppressed.

Price is the can plus $200 tax stamp. Most expensive part imo is your time waiting. 7 months soonest while ATF figures out if you’re worthy or not with background checks.

On a rim fire it’s worth every penny imo. My Mk IV Lite doesn’t leave home without it. Cheap hearing safe fun without ear pro.

4. Techna

Techna Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    C11085AD-5253-44D8-BD31-821FC767FEC4.jpeg
    Yup. And you’d be right about it being fun.

Moonpie, MTA89, Darkpriest667 and 2 others like this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
  6. avvidclif

avvidclif RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Moonpie likes this.
  7. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Member

May 2, 2015

I shoot sometimes at that Red's too and have had no issues at all. But using the silencer there while others are shooting and the mandatory ear plugs/muffs make it not needed. I go out to some land my brother owns by Milano and shoot and use my silencers. There alone they make a great difference. My bolt action using CCI standard velocity only can hear the hammer fall and a pfft noise. Nothing needed. My semi ruger is only slightly louder. If you are in this area (Round Rock) get in touch with me and we can try it out sometime to see how you like it before buying one.

8. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Member

May 2, 2015
    Try these:

QwgMJ81.jpg

32quq2I.jpg

mNg6aQu.jpg

Z8jJAoW.jpg

Moonpie and deemus like this.
  9. Darqhelmet

Darqhelmet You had one job, one job.

Jul 5, 2018
    Dallas
    Ruger. I Have Mark I and II's they are my favorite .22LR pistol.

10. tinplas

tinplas New Member

Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45 light. Great gun. Every time i have time to get to the range and shoot handguns, it's usually for about an hour. I go to Bracken range almost exclusively due to proximity. I take the ruger and one other handgun in a different caliber. I very rarely see anyone else shooting 22. Where are all the 22 shooters? It would make it quieter if nothing else. Trying not to get off topic. I had a Mark II many years ago that was stolen. When I got back into shooting, my first purchase was another Ruger