Capitol Armory ad

I Paid My Annual Rent (AKA Property Tax)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Not sure exactly how it works, but paid mine today. We have 50 acres in Red River County quite a ways from Clarksville proper. County taxes were around $65 total and ISD taxes were around $87 total. Maybe, in Texas, you are charged school taxes for whatever the nearest school district is. It is not our residence and we have no kids in school there.

I did see where if it was our residence, they would charge for the area on and around the house we live in. What if it is not our primary residence? What if it is a shack or a tiny house or a camper?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I did see where if it was our residence, they would charge for the area on and around the house we live in. What if it is not our primary residence? What if it is a shack or a tiny house or a camper?
    I pay for approximately 1 acre at the "residence" rate, and the rest is open-space.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I pay for approximately 1 acre at the "residence" rate, and the rest is open-space.
    Do you have an ag exemption on the open space? I would guess you have homestead exemption on your residence. That may help.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Like shutting down government indoctrination centers is bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not all parents are qualified to home school their kids. And then there is the lack of social interaction when kids don't attend school.

lkilgore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2019
    Arlington
    When my wife and I returned to the United States last Spring, we bought a house in Arlington, Texas. We paid cash for our house because we operate on a debt free basis. We are so thankful to God that He has blessed us with that ability... but we worked internationally for 10 years to be able to do that. My wife, who is a citizen of the Republic of Armenia, is now applying for legal immigration (waiting now for 8 months for the US government to issue her a green card). My wife was so happy to have a house that we owned 100%. Then I told her about the property taxes we had to pay. Her response, after being shocked by such a thing, was that we really didn't own anything in this country. If we are forced to pay this tax and the government can seize our property if we don't pay it, we really don't own anything. Our apartment in Yerevan, Armenia is 100% owned and we NEVER pay any property taxes. The years we lived in Egypt, South Korea, and China... we never paid any property taxes. But here we are, shelling out several thousand dollars in taxes. Oh yes, also paying $400 per month in HOA fees. Maybe we should go back to Armenia.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    When my wife and I returned to the United States last Spring, we bought a house in Arlington, Texas. We paid cash for our house because we operate on a debt free basis. We are so thankful to God that He has blessed us with that ability... but we worked internationally for 10 years to be able to do that. My wife, who is a citizen of the Republic of Armenia, is now applying for legal immigration (waiting now for 8 months for the US government to issue her a green card). My wife was so happy to have a house that we owned 100%. Then I told her about the property taxes we had to pay. Her response, after being shocked by such a thing, was that we really didn't own anything in this country. If we are forced to pay this tax and the government can seize our property if we don't pay it, we really don't own anything. Our apartment in Yerevan, Armenia is 100% owned and we NEVER pay any property taxes. The years we lived in Egypt, South Korea, and China... we never paid any property taxes. But here we are, shelling out several thousand dollars in taxes. Oh yes, also paying $400 per month in HOA fees. Maybe we should go back to Armenia.

Welcome to the Forum!

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

It sounds like you chose your neighborhood poorly. If you want to compare Egypt and China to the US you're already losing the battle.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I don't get this. No one likes taxes of any type, but the services we get from government (police, fire, courts, schools, etc, etc) are not without cost. #nofreerides Now if you want to complain about the rate of taxes, or how the tax revenue is spent then get involved. Attend county commissioner or city council meetings, build a relationship with your elected representatives, work to get the people who represent your views elected, use your voice. I would bet a healthy sum that most of you complaining do not even know the names of your elected representatives.

justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Living in a subdivision with HOA fees was a choice you made. Seems like you still have choices.

Top Bottom