• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I would like to see a section on competitions.
    A place for competitors to discuss their particular shooting sport.
    A place to post upcoming match information and later, results.
    A place to discuss the guns used for the several types of competitions and why certain guns/calibers were chosen.
    A place for competitors to converse with friends who are shooting their particular shooting sport.

I realize that most shooters do not shoot in competition, but it can be fun, educational and overall rewarding to a shooter. There are competitions for all ages and winning is NOT the most important part of competition.

We currently have a Texas IDPA forum. I will merge it with Training since they are both small forums. When we get more activity I will expand it out to it's own forum.

I will change the name to include all forms of competitive shooting. Skeet, IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, etc.

jones creek kid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    El Campo
    "How about a split off from the Events forum of a shooting day planner type thing. Sort of a FYI I'm headed to the range or looking to head to the range if anyone wants to meet up. Could also be used more as an informal get together posting area and won't clutter up the Events area as much."

I like this idea and the one about spilting sections of the state since Texas is vast. I me doesn't do any good to say hey im going to the range on tuesday but he's in dallas and im in houston.

So a combination of the 2 great ideas would be really cool

bno762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Rowlett
    i'm pretty new here and haveonly visited a couple of times. been workn alot latley and just added yalls addy to my phone so i can browse here while at work.one thing i'd like to see is a reloading forum if there are any other reloadrs. if yall already have one then i just havent lookd enuf. i plan on posting here more often. also i usually post at another forum when i plan to go shoot. that way if there are other members close by that want to meet up we can.

Pony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Azle, TX
    I use other vBulletin based sites that have a "Who Quoted Me" module - available under the User CP.
    Its a great way to quickly follow up on posts without the need to subscribe to everything you have posted a comment about.

Who Quoted Me? - Version 2.0 - vBulletin.org Forum

You hit the "Who Quoted Me" link and you see who quoted you, and also what was said - very cool.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I use other vBulletin based sites that have a "Who Quoted Me" module - available under the User CP.
    Its a great way to quickly follow up on posts without the need to subscribe to everything you have posted a comment about.

Who Quoted Me? - Version 2.0 - vBulletin.org Forum

You hit the "Who Quoted Me" link and you see who quoted you, and also what was said - very cool.

I would install it if I could find a more recent version of it. We are running 3.7.x and I don't want to install any backdated mods. I'll look into the 3.5.x version, but there have been some pretty large updates since then.

Viper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    I would also like to see a military weapons section in addition to the rifles and pistols sections. I think it is a broad enough area of interest that is outside of carry and hunting weapons that some of us would like to discuss with fellow Texans. Just a thought.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Do we really need the "meet hot women" banner? My wife has enough problems with my computer usuage...

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i dont see a problem with it. its a gun forum, we see a lot more worse stuff on TV now a days. The ads generate revenue to keep the site going, unless we have some volunteers to help cover the costs.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    i dont see a problem with it. its a gun forum, we see a lot more worse stuff on TV now a days. The ads generate revenue to keep the site going, unless we have some volunteers to help cover the costs.

More of a moral issue I suppose. I prefer to have more family oriented material from the ads simply because it's "out there".

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Do we really need the "meet hot women" banner? My wife has enough problems with my computer usuage...

I agree with this sentiment. Although I am indeed a red blooded male and have no problems looking at the female form, I frequently browse the forum with my pregnant wife, 2yo son and both my parents in the same room. So yeah, I don't think it has a place on such a great forum as this. I did only see the one banner ad and do thank you Alan for quickly changing the settings to try and avoid this. You do a great job here in your efforts to make this one of the best forums on the net.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I just removed the ads.
    On that note, I would like to donate, however I refuse to use paypal due to some bad experiences with them in the past... I cant send much, but if you will pm an address I will gladly contribute. I know this site costs, and am willing to assist in order to keep such a great tool and community around.

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    I am one of the guys who do check this sight at least one time a day, most of the time several times. The only thing I woould like is a place for the military guns. yeah I have several old guns from different countries, Mosin Nagant, british 303 ans steyr as well as AR15.

I do like it just the way it is. and will continue to enjoy it daily. I wish to thank you for such a good site for Texans.

I also like the old military arms, most of my guns are older than I am. If I were
    a firearm, I would be a "C&R", being over 50 years old......

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    how about regional sections that split the site off into DFW, austin, san antonio, houston, etc just like texas gun trader does?

i think it would go towards further uniting members in certain regions. our state is huge. it could eat all of those nancy east coast yankee states all at once.

This might be a good idea, Texas is larger than many countries......

Top Bottom