• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    HOLY SH$%, There is a whole new level of stupid there. Yes from everyone, and anyone in the comments on that page who supported those actions...

"cayosungirl wrote 2 hours ago
    "Ignorance breeds Ignorance" and all the ignorance is here..The training i have and continue to do speaks for itself. Thank you all for my daily amusement. I would gladly meet any one of you training with firearms. COME TAKE A CLASS. Put up or shut up."

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This is one of the reasons I am very particular about whom I take classes with.

I would never agree to participate in such an act, from any perspective. As a student I would have asked for my money back and packed up and left.

I know A LOT of instructors, and none would allow such negligent behavior.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    This is one of the reasons I am very particular about whom I take classes with.

I would never agree to participate in such an act, from any perspective. As a student I would have asked for my money back and packed up and left.

I know A LOT of instructors, and none would allow such negligent behavior.
    +1

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That looks like a Tactical Response class. I am really starting to wonder about TR and whether I should take a class from them or not if stuff like this is the norm. The DVD's were entertaining and educational but, I'm not really down with people in the line of fire like that unless it's absolutely necessary (as in real life hostage situation or something). I'm willing to bet that most of us, as well as most if not all the people in that class are not quite the 1337 Delta operators capable of actually training at the limit like that. ;)

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not saying the guy isn't stupid, but this is not new. Team level training is done like this all the time, in and out of the military. It is usually a team member on a static line like in the video, and not a photog though.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That looks like a Tactical Response class. I am really starting to wonder about TR and whether I should take a class from them or not if stuff like this is the norm. The DVD's were entertaining and educational but, I'm not really down with people in the line of fire like that unless it's absolutely necessary (as in real life hostage situation or something). I'm willing to bet that most of us, as well as most if not all the people in that class are not quite the 1337 Delta operators capable of actually training at the limit like that. ;)
    I wouldn't even be down for it in a hostage scenario without simunitions or some thing to that effect. And as for all of us not being delta operators. We would be if we would get off of our lazzy ass's and do something other than hide behind our computers. That girls comments are still cracking me up! If I were scheduled to be there and I knew this is where I was to train, I would pull a txinvestigator and step away for sure! With my refund!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I didn't look closely enough at the vid to see if there were signs of impact beyond the photog, but there is no way, blanks or not, that I would be ok with that.

Even blanks are dangerous, especially at that range.

That appears to have been at a class by Tactical Response.

This really has me wondering about Tactical Response, too. The first thing that got me thinking they might not be for me is the hate they heap on the SERPA holster, calling it an unsafe design (it isn't; it's probably the safest holster on the market). And now this...

No way in hell am I going to go to one of their classes if this is a video from one. I don't care if it's only happened "the once", either. It shows a real lack of responsibility on the trainers' part.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    HOLY, HOLY, HOLY CRAP! I have to sit here and wonder who is the biggest idiot! Is it the instructor, the shooters, or the photographer? This ranks right up there with the idiot kid who jumps off the roof on his skateboard and face-plants the concrete. Yep... It's all fun and games until someone loses a nut... or an arm... or their life.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This really has me wondering about Tactical Response, too. The first thing that got me thinking they might not be for me is the hate they heap on the SERPA holster, calling it an unsafe design (it isn't; it's probably the safest holster on the market). And now this...

Actually, a lot of training schools dislike, discourage the use of, and do not allow SERPA holsters in their classes. Their have been several ND's even trained officers have had. If you look at the design of it, it's not hard to see how. The thing is, for whatever reason, with the SERPA's people seem to get this idea that they need to activate it by pressing straight inward with the tip of their finger. What I mean by that is bringing their finger out and then pointing inward, as in the same manner you would move your finger to put it into the triggerguard. It's not hard to see how an ND can occur when rushing one's self and deactivating the SERPA button in that manner. I have not ever trained to that level of physical exertion but, I've found that the button simply does not need to be pressed in that manner. Simply sweeping your finger across it in sort of a "brush stroke" manner is enough to deactivate it. Anyways, it's enough to realize there is a potential downside with this type of holster, though you can always try to take steps to hopefully prevent it from being an issue by training around it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you look at the design of it, it's not hard to see how. The thing is, for whatever reason, with the SERPA's people seem to get this idea that they need to activate it by pressing straight inward with the tip of their finger. What I mean by that is bringing their finger out and then pointing inward, as in the same manner you would move your finger to put it into the triggerguard. It's not hard to see how an ND can occur when rushing one's self and deactivating the SERPA button in that manner.

So, are you saying that if you press hard enough and inward on the release button that the gun will fire? If that is the case, then surely this only happens when in single action mode and the safety disengaged, right?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Not saying the guy isn't stupid, but this is not new. Team level training is done like this all the time, in and out of the military. It is usually a team member on a static line like in the video, and not a photog though.
    Right but that is a team building exercise and this is a dumb ass exercise. The military and law enforcement use the technique to get new recruits used to getting shot at. Anyone seen the movie Jar Head? Specifically the part where the recruit was shot in the head with a SAW. It is a god training tactic when used by professionals but the camera man is not training for anything other than combat photograghpy.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx

You could probably find someone better to take your money. James "can't get off the X" Yeager is a fraud. The only firefight he has ever been in, he ran and hid while the rest of his team returned fire and treated the wounded. Then he had the balls to lay a piece of the blame on every other team member, even the deceased.

Top Bottom