• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The other big reason to have a license is the GFSZ act. Unless of course you don't mind worrying about the 1000' radius around all of the schools.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk
    Fwiw, that is a Federal issue and like immigration not something a typical police officer is going to be able to enforce.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There was another thread where quite a few LTC instructors voiced opposition to Constitutional Carry being passed. Overall consensus was it was more their concern for money, rather than the rights of law abiding citizens being at stake with the law being passed.

There has been lots of speculation that if CC does come to pass, that the need for LTC instruction will dry up and there won't be any need for instructors or trainers giving classes.

First of all, I see a genuine need for Constitutional Carry being passed simply because every law-abiding citizen deserves to be armed for their own self defense, without the need of permission of a LTC permit being issued for that "privilege" of being legally able to carry a firearm. IMO, that is a direct infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

I speculate that many people are still going to seek out classes to get a LTC permit for their own personal reasons. I think there might be a drop at first once the bill becomes law, but people I suspect will still get a LTC permit regardless of the law being passed.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There was another thread where quite a few LTC instructors voiced opposition to Constitutional Carry being passed. Overall consensus was it was more their concern for money, rather than the rights of law abiding citizens being at stake with the law being passed.

There has been lots of speculation that if CC does come to pass, that the need for LTC instruction will dry up and there won't be any need for instructors or trainers giving classes.

First of all, I see a genuine need for Constitutional Carry being passed simply because every law-abiding citizen deserves to be armed for their own self defense, without the need of permission of a LTC permit being issued for that "privilege" of being legally able to carry a firearm. IMO, that is a direct infringement of the 2nd Amendment.

I speculate that many people are still going to seek out classes to get a LTC permit for their own personal reasons. I think there might be a drop at first once the bill becomes law, but people I suspect will still get a LTC permit regardless of the law being passed.
    Get a taste of being able to carry here, then decide they want to in a reciprocal state and get an LTC.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    No need to worry about that happening.

danielrcd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2021
    San Antonio
    I don't disagree, but I do think the volume of students is going to drop. A lot. For now I've put on hold my plans to take the LTC Instructor class. It was just going to be a little side hustle anyway. No big deal. I'm going to see how it all shakes out.

Is your average Joe going to go through the process and the expense? He can read the laws online. Background check avoidance is only useful if you buy a lot of guns. Most people don't travel that much, or get stopped that much. I just don't see most people spending a couple of hundred bucks and the time to get a permit for those peripheral reasons.

Since I already have one, I'll keep mine.
    I agree with you, but I think that the majority of "first time buyers" will continue to seek firearms instruction. As an instructor myself who just moved here from Ohio, I still intend to take the LTC instructor course and offer that service in Texas.

I think Constitutional Carry laws are similar to any other gun laws in that law abiding citizens are, for the most part, common sense citizens. I don't expect the criminal end of the spectrum to seek out an LTC to carry and I don't expect the other end, the "i've been shooting since i was 12, i don't need a license" crowd, to either. But I believe most people will and those benefits are like having a medkit in your truck...better to have it and not need it.

I do think prices we charge will drop significantly though as a means to help keep volume up.

Top Bottom