• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    Keeping mine for interstate Road Trips
    ok, had heard that need the ltc for carry out of state and if that state recognizes our license, thus reciprocal. just recently heard a discussion on a local page girl was saying if the other border state has constitutional carry then can carry without ltc, true?

danielrcd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2021
    San Antonio
    ok, had heard that need the ltc for carry out of state and if that state recognizes our license, thus reciprocal. just recently heard a discussion on a local page girl was saying if the other border state has constitutional carry then can carry without ltc, true?
    Almost 100% correct. States may put conditions or limits on their constitutional carry law. Tennessee and North Dakota are resident-only. Driving across the country several times a year, the best advice is to just be aware of local laws and take whatever anyone else, including me, tells you with a pinch of salt to be safe.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I would sure check state laws to be sure if traveling to another state. I sure wouldn't be taking information from social media as being always right either. Sure as hell the internet and social media isn't the best place to get legal or medical advice!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I agree with you, but I think that the majority of "first time buyers" will continue to seek firearms instruction. As an instructor myself who just moved here from Ohio, I still intend to take the LTC instructor course and offer that service in Texas.

I think Constitutional Carry laws are similar to any other gun laws in that law abiding citizens are, for the most part, common sense citizens. I don't expect the criminal end of the spectrum to seek out an LTC to carry and I don't expect the other end, the "i've been shooting since i was 12, i don't need a license" crowd, to either. But I believe most people will and those benefits are like having a medkit in your truck...better to have it and not need it.

I do think prices we charge will drop significantly though as a means to help keep volume up.

Welcome to the Forum!

Charlie47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Frisco, TX; DFW Metroplex
    If constitutional carry does pass in Texas, the Texas License to Carry a Handgun Program will still exist. Here are four reasons why you MAY want to get an LTC or keep yours current.

Texas Law: It's your responsibility to know and understand weapons laws and use of force laws. Whether you intend to get an LTC or not, the LTC class covers laws that are mandatory for anyone that owns and or carries a gun.

Bypass Background Checks: If you have a Texas LTC, purchasing a gun is much quicker and easier through a FFL. There is no wait for a background check to be performed because your background check was completed when you obtained your Texas LTC. A Texas LTC IS AN ALTERNATE NICS PERMIT.

Interstate Travel: There are 36 states that recognize the Texas LTC. This means if you’re into traveling, when you go into one of these other states that shares reciprocity with Texas, you can continue to carry your gun. Remember, while in another state that honors a Texas LTC you must follow their laws!

Interactions with Law Enforcement: When a Texas Peace Officer runs a check of your drivers license or identification card part of the information returned is whether or not you have a Texas LTC. This makes it easy for a police officer to determine that you are legally carrying the gun. Without an LTC and depending on why law enforcement has made contact with you, you may be detained while they conduct a criminal history search (according to a preliminary version of the bill that passed the senate). This search may be conducted to verify you're in lawful possession.

This is just food for thought. I will be maintaining my LTC, Instructor Certificate, and Instructor Insurance. Because I still teach beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses for another organization I’m really not too concerned about losing LTC money, especially after this past year with covid restrictions etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had a TX CCL and now LTC since TX started licensing, I was wondering what would happen to my LTC! Thanks for posting! How, if any difference does it make on my renewal, BTW, I'm 74!

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    I would sure check state laws to be sure if traveling to another state. I sure wouldn't be taking information from social media as being always right either. Sure as hell the internet and social media isn't the best place to get legal or medical advice!
    yeah will keep my ltc for sure, have had it for a long time now.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    It won't go into effect until Sept. 1st even when it is signed.
    Until it's signed, or becomes law without signature, it could still be vetoed. Abbott could be waiting, or hoping, for an excuse to develop. He has to know we are all waiting impatiently to see this made law.

Also, if it becomes law without his signature, it would undermine the law.

As satx said, I've lost trust in professional politicians, with few exceptions...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Until it's signed, or becomes law without signature, it could still be vetoed. Abbott could be waiting, or hoping, for an excuse to develop. He has to know we are all waiting impatiently to see this made law.

Also, if it becomes law without his signature, it would undermine the law.

As satx said, I've lost trust in professional politicians, with few exceptions...

That is entirely possible, but Abbott said several months ago, if the bill gets to his desk, that he would sign it into law. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he going to keep his word on this. I haven't seen or read anything that leads me to think otherwise yet.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    That is entirely possible, but Abbott said several months ago, if the bill gets to his desk, that he would sign it into law. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he going to keep his word on this. I haven't seen or read anything that leads me to think otherwise yet.
    So, despite what I think WILL happen, I'm still ALLOWED to be impatient, because of what COULD happen?

Top Bottom