• leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    And you cannot read. facepalm.

You wrote:
    "SARS-COV-2 is one of the smallest viruses there is. Influenza is a factor of 10 times larger than SARS-COV-2."

I pointed out that the type virus is irrelevant to filtration, as all viruses are miniscule compared to the openings in the masks being use.

>

Well, guess what?

Atmospheric viruses EXIST in conjunction with tiny water droplets on or in which they ride. The resultant particles to be filtered out are much larger than Angstrom units; most will be filtered, or mostly filtered-out by most masks, if worn properly.

No mask is perfect. . . . .

leVieux

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The study you cited uses mechanical apparatus, not humans. Every hospital study I have seen shows no statistical difference in transmission of the flu.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    >

Well, guess what?

Atmospheric viruses EXIST in conjunction with tiny water droplets on or in which they ride. The resultant particles to be filtered out are much larger than Angstrom units; most will be filtered, or mostly filtered-out by most masks, if worn properly.

No mask is perfect. . . . .

leVieux
    Well guess what? What happens to those droplets caught in the mask as you continue to exhale? They are expelled from the mask by the force of the breath in an aerosol.

Go back to research performed 2019 and earlier (e.g, before covid became politicized). I did. The majority of the research states that anything less than an N95 is not effective with regard to virus transmission. And an N95 is not 100% effective, of course.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Well guess what? What happens to those droplets caught in the mask as you continue to exhale? They are expelled from the mask by the force of the breath in an aerosol.

Go back to research performed 2019 and earlier (e.g, before covid became politicized). I did. The majority of the research states that anything less than an N95 is not effective with regard to virus transmission. And an N95 is not 100% effective, of course.

Gee, I think you'd better go back and re-read what I said.

1) Whom is the "mask" intended to protect, and from what?
    2) Of course, devices are rarely 100% effective; but that gives little reason to reject them. Our proven viral vaccines were highly effective, especially for public health purposes, but never 100%, nor perfectly "safe" to the individual recipient. As the "new" vaccines are slightly different, we can't be as certain of details as with established products.
    3) Any serious discussion should make clear that the "COVID" vaccines and the "universal" masking are generic public health responses, based on centuries of experience with slightly different pathogens; masks, distancing, isolation, etc. are not specific for COVID.
    4) The numerous posts re viral particle size and "mask pores" are downright silly, and should be ignored for all practical purposes.
    5) Our world has experienced seasonal respiratory virus "epidemics" for decades, especially rapidly-progressive since international air travel has been available.
    6) Our Nation would be a lot better off if those with little or no background in this area would stop re-posting memes or "ideas" they have little basis to understand or evaluate. This now is to the point that could damage us all, similar to rumor-mongering during a War of major national emergency; and it should be stopped now.
    7) Government's repeated LYING to us all for POLITICAL advantage purposes has made everything lots worse.

leVieux

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Soooooo I can use pantyhose for condoms now?

Masks catch large droplets, for a time depending on mask type and length of use.

Aerosolized fluids, not so much. They pretty much go thru the masks instantly with some slight ammount sticking to the materials fibers thru surface tension. Exhale thru your mask into a plastic bag for a while and you will see that vapor.

Interestingly the large droplets would generally fall quickly to surfaces below anyways then they may be transmitted thru contact with hands in some manner such as touch a desk to a door handle etc. Handwashing anyone?

The aerosolized fluids remain airborn to be breathed in or moved around on air currents in the vicinity.

Again, if masks were effective for covid, then pantyhose is an effective condom.

People should do what they want but not force others into dubious mandates that are politicized control tactics.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Gee, I think you'd better go back and re-read what I said.

1) Whom is the "mask" intended to protect, and from what?
    2) Of course, devices are rarely 100% effective; but that gives little reason to reject them. Our proven viral vaccines were highly effective, especially for public health purposes, but never 100%, nor perfectly "safe" to the individual recipient. As the "new" vaccines are slightly different, we can't be as certain of details as with established products.
    3) Any serious discussion should make clear that the "COVID" vaccines and the "universal" masking are generic public health responses, based on centuries of experience with slightly different pathogens; masks, distancing, isolation, etc. are not specific for COVID.
    4) The numerous posts re viral particle size and "mask pores" are downright silly, and should be ignored for all practical purposes.
    5) Our world has experienced seasonal respiratory virus "epidemics" for decades, especially rapidly-progressive since international air travel has been available.
    6) Our Nation would be a lot better off if those with little or no background in this area would stop re-posting memes or "ideas" they have little basis to understand or evaluate. This now is to the point that could damage us all, similar to rumor-mongering during a War of major national emergency; and it should be stopped now.
    7) Government's repeated LYING to us all for POLITICAL advantage purposes has made everything lots worse.

leVieux
    So,,, if I can't rebuild a motor, I can't tell the mechanic that just destroyed my motor that he sucks? If you ain't one, you can't assess one, correct?
    News flash "Doc", you ain't the only one that can read a paper and understand it. I am not a board certified doctor, but I can absolutely tell when one is lieing to me. YOU are not Gods and we are not rocks. When a "doctor" writes a paper telling us that masks have caused as much harm as good, if not more harm, then tells us we HAVE to wear one, they are lieing. Period. One way or the other. And can NOT be trusted.
    If Smallpox were lose, would you tell people to wear a mask, go home and isolate? And let them go shopping? In a grocery store where EVERYONE is going to go?
    Absolutely not.
    It is not just the information, or the protocols that are being questioned but the science" behind the way they are being used today. If a disease is that deadly, you quarantine the inflicted from the healthy, NOT with them. The stupid started there.
    And given that at least, according to all accounts, 250,000 people per year die in the U.S. each year from medical mistakes or malpractice,,,,yeah, I think we have a very valid right to question your science. Loudly and often.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So,,, if I can't rebuild a motor, I can't tell the mechanic that just destroyed my motor that he sucks? If you ain't one, you can't assess one, correct?
    News flash "Doc", you ain't the only one that can read a paper and understand it. I am not a board certified doctor, but I can absolutely tell when one is lieing to me. YOU are not Gods and we are not rocks. When a "doctor" writes a paper telling us that masks have caused as much harm as good, if not more harm, then tells us we HAVE to wear one, they are lieing. Period. One way or the other. And can NOT be trusted.
    If Smallpox were lose, would you tell people to wear a mask, go home and isolate? And let them go shopping? In a grocery store where EVERYONE is going to go?
    Absolutely not.
    It is not just the information, or the protocols that are being questioned but the science" behind the way they are being used today. If a disease is that deadly, you quarantine the inflicted from the healthy, NOT with them. The stupid started there.
    And given that at least, according to all accounts, 250,000 people per year die in the U.S. each year from medical mistakes or malpractice,,,,yeah, I think we have a very valid right to question your science. Loudly and often.

Amen! He's supposing that we who are not doctors are not allowed an opinion, nor that we should question their "expertise" in such things.

I'd be ashamed if I worked in a profession that killed over 250K people a year!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Odd, mask mandates and so-called c-19 passports are being shit canned all over the country, along with the completely arbitrary 6' social distance nonsense and lets not forget about lock-downs, no mas...

I wonder if politics has anything to do with our freedom suddenly coming back into vogue...? Petty tyrants and other assorted dictator wannabees (see all the dem guvs and mayors) are gnashing their teeth at the loss of their tyrranical powers...poor dears.

Hhhmmmm, the utter ineffectiveness of masks, pseudo-vax, social distancing and lockdowns was a scam all along and elections (at times when the fix isn't in) have consequences...so now they pretend everythings A-OK, go about your lives...nothing to see hear.

Places like restaurants that required a vax passport to be served should be passed by for those that didn't participate in this attempt to force people to be vaxxed.

Oh, they'll cry, we were forced to force you. Uh-huh, see who won't be coming in ever again...

Poor 'foochi', he must be rolling over in his grave, yeah, yeah, I know, but I can dream can't I?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has removed tens of thousands of deaths linked to COVID-19, including nearly a quarter of deaths it had listed in those under 18 years old."

What we all thought all along turned out to be true. Thousands of deaths had zero to do with COVID.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Been telling wife from the start that the numbers were made up and they can, and do, say any number they want. I finally convinced her several months ago when she was reading about Covid deaths and read that people with congested heart failure, was 98 years old, got ran over by a train and was cut in half, etc, etc and their death was caused by covid were just lies and made up numbers.

VNK971

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2021
    Mico, TX
    A few months ago the husband of one of my wife's friends died. He was in bad shape for years. They called it a Covid death. The daughter wanted an autopsy, but the wife said no. The wife said if the autopsy came back with anything but a Covid death she couldn't afford the funeral.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    A few months ago the husband of one of my wife's friends died. He was in bad shape for years. They called it a Covid death. The daughter wanted an autopsy, but the wife said no. The wife said if the autopsy came back with anything but a Covid death she couldn't afford the funeral.
    Ok. I'm out of the loop on this detail. What does the fact that it was a "covid" death have to do with the cost of a funeral? Is there some type of subsidy?

Top Bottom