• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Drone announcing to the COVID lockdown screaming people in Shanghai, China*Control your soul’s desire for freedom* (At the bottom of page)

Gun Zone Deals

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I know it's schadenfreude and I know it will directly hurt me in the pocketbook. But there's still something satisfying about seeing how bad China is screwing up the way they handle the disease and its variants, all because their government can't get off the dime and respond in any long-term effective way AND their government is stopping the people from doing such a thing for themselves.

As bad as the USA handled the situation, what with lockdowns, masks, dodgy vaccines, and government officials getting way too big for their britches - compared to China, we did great. It's mostly in our rearview mirror.

Not so for China. That's bad for the Chinese.

For the wider world it's amazing to consider the possibilities.

The sentence preceding this one requires you to think for yourself.

The video below talks about how China is dealing with the disease and should give you a starting point for that thinking.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Remember when they were applauding China on how they controlled the spread of COVID?

I probably brought this up before, but it still bothers me that only, it seems, a handful of doctors bring it up. How do you make someone more susceptible to disease? Well, if they become immunocompromised that would make them very susceptible. I read quite some time ago on how our immune system works, and heard many times since. Certainly being fit and getting enough vitamins helps, but the immune system also needs to be in constant training. That means it actively needs to be fighting off microorganisms (germs, bacteria and viruses). There are also bacteria that is good for the immune system. So how do you compromise that immune system training? Isolation, masks, gloves and constant sanitizing. Now I'm not saying that you need to come in contact with someone obviously sick, but it's often been said that people carry the cold virus within themselves, and it's their immune system that keeps them from getting sick, hence the meaning of asymptomatic. Those cold viruses (or common cold): Rhinovirus, RSV, Parainfluenza and yes, coronavirus (which surprisingly has much the same symptoms as Omicron).

Never think that what happens in China, will stay in China.

Harry_Gorilla

Dis-Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2021
    Living on Airplanes
    For those of us that travel by air; It's Over! For now, at least, and likely for good. A Federal judge issued a scathing ruling invalidating the draconian mask mandate being perpetrated by these hypocrites.

I wound up with 258,xxx miles last year, and 102,487 so far, this year. Currently in Detroit at The Ambassador Bridge enjoying the snow today. Almost can't wait to get to the airport tomorrow. It's been an absolutely insane year of flight delays, and broken planes, that sometimes saw 14-17 hour layovers / delays. This will make it a little easier.

You can bet your bottom dollar that liberal strongholds like LA, JFK, DC, and Philadelphia will continue to enforce it in the airport, but they can't force it on the planes, or in the private clubs.

American has released the following statement:

https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2022/Update-on-Federal-Mask-Mandate-OPS-OTH-04/default.aspx

Color me happy!

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    It honestly looks like they will try to find a new way to implement it. And Greyhound isn't having anything of it... spent two phone calls of unAmerican length to get no answer at all for a friend who rides.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Fauci on TV (Fox) this morning: answer to most questions was
    "I don't know, I don't want to make a judgement on that"
    "cases have blipped up !" mandate !
    "we need more people vax'ed"
    "multiple boosters good if you are in the CDC recommended group"

What kind of doc completes med school and becomes a "public health" gov worker ?
    scientist ? I don't think so.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Folks, I keep seeing this story, or variants of it on social media. I have a real issue with reliable news sources right now -- there are none. Is this for real? If yes, we need to head it off. If no, please fill me in.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Folks, I keep seeing this story, or variants of it on social media. I have a real issue with reliable news sources right now -- there are none. Is this for real? If yes, we need to head it off. If no, please fill me in.
    The WHO has been gaining in power ever since the start of the so called 'COVID-19 Pandemic'. The CDC has also been gaining power which follows the WHO recommendations.

Power (during a pandemic or not) on a worldwide scale would only work as long as there are followers. What we need here in the U.S. is the removal of politicians that allow elitists such as Bill Gates and George Soros in subverting control, for it's people like them that are the true force behind this.

Top Bottom