If Texas had its own Army....

Texas Patriot

Jul 17, 2008
Spring
If Texas had its own military, what rifle and sidearm should we adopt?

Should it be the AR type, M14, FAL, AK or any other?

How about the pistol? Beretta M9, 1911, Colt .45 revolver?

My picks are the M14 and the 1911. Both are man (grunt) calibers that seem to fit the Texas personality pretty well. Everybody has their own opinions, so lets hear yours.

What do yall say?

oldcop041

Sep 16, 2008
DFW AREA
It would be hard to argue with your selections. I might change the long gun to an AR10, because it is lighter and I am old.:(

Since I was the first to respond to your thread - can I be a General in this army?

malladus

Jul 20, 2008
Houston-Dallas
45 LC Winchester Lever Actions and 1911s.

Of course all soldiers would also be equipped with a Kevlar 10 gall on hat, leather concho belt, and a Level III ballistic plate rated beltbucket.

Officers would be entitled to chromed 1911's with custom carved grips.

Malladus

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
Texas does have its own military... Actually it has two... The Texas Army National Guard, and the Texas Guard.. I can go into history differences etc if any one is interested...

Code3GT

Jun 12, 2008
Austin
I'd have to 2nd the 1911, and the AR platform. Since there are eleventybillion variations of it, it covers all roles needed.

Texas Patriot

Jul 17, 2008
Spring
It would be hard to argue with your selections. I might change the long gun to an AR10, because it is lighter and I am old.:(

Since I was the first to respond to your thread - can I be a General in this army?
Well, first to respond ought to be worth something. Colonel at least, maybe 1 star General then we go from there.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members