Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    4AB680B6-29CF-420D-B805-38B02B232207.jpeg

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I'm not sure I'd be comfortable around anyone that was smoking dope or drinking while shooting.
    That's not what the man said - he didn't qualify being under the influence - just said "smoke pot" like they sometimes smoke pot or... ? And I totally agree - one should never take up a firearm when drinking or high. Though, I bet we've all seen people do it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don’t smoke and drinking is very light. I do think it’s kind of funny the attitude thrown towards pot heads. As a 38 year old republican, speaking to older republicans, this issue isn’t worth our time or dollars. People don’t need booze or weed to make poor choices or have a bad temper. As Osok mentioned, it wasn’t implied someone would be hitting a joint while operating a firearm.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    As to the OP, I'm 57 and I played army too. I had an M16 Marauder - still have it though it no longer functions... I have to agree that things have migrated in the wrong direction to be sure. IMHO my (now) ex-wife and I did a very good job raising our three kids but they still have to live in the world as it is and are subject to the stupidity...

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I don’t smoke and drinking is very light. I do think it’s kind of funny the attitude thrown towards pot heads. As a 38 year old republican, speaking to older republicans, this issue isn’t worth our time or dollars. People don’t need booze or weed to make poor choices or have a bad temper. As Osok mentioned, it wasn’t implied someone would be hitting a joint while operating a firearm.

Yep, I personally believe that we should legalize pot. Regulate and tax it just like tobacco and alcohol. I'm not sure about the harder stuff - increase the penalties or just legalize it all. Keeping it legally "taboo" is certainly not working as we all know.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Yep, I personally believe that we should legalize pot. Regulate and tax it just like tobacco and alcohol. I'm not sure about the harder stuff - increase the penalties or just legalize it all. Keeping it legally "taboo" is certainly not working as we all know.
    Htc or cbd has too much evidence of being helpful than harmful and if we combine this thinking with not being hypocritical to an individuals freedom; I don’t see the problem.

I also view these times as critical to bring in new voters to the republicans. I’m very proud to be one. Republicans have historically been the ones to save people and the environment. IMO the future is accepting gays and pot heads. I understand if folks want to disagree with the gay stuff, but no matter how times change small government and keeping government barely scraping by is needed more than ever now, to ensure everyone has a good life full of freedom. I say this a lot but regardless of how we feel about select issues, gun rights are for all families and individuals not looking to cause trouble.

As for the hard stuff...again evidence supports to ban it and put people in jail. Meth for example will alter people’s brains so they can no longer have empathy. They will keep stealing, telling lies, cause drama, it’s just bad. I have seen it destroy people with bright futures.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    .... and then you get a different perspective.

Exactly...

That's not what the man said - he didn't qualify being under the influence - just said "smoke pot" like they sometimes smoke pot or... ?
    Exactly.....

As to the OP, I'm 57 and I played army too.
    .....aaaaaand exactly.

Perspective.....

I know a young man (not sayin who:green: ) who has a little hit at night to get him past the PTSD in his dreams. I have no problem with that, he's earned it.

But as to taking up arms, you and I literally spent millions to teach him how to kill bad guys for us.

Theres not ANYONE I would rather have, armed, watching my back.

Top Bottom