• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    The stuff is just lubriplate food grade stuff with some perfume and a huge price increase
    add some green color and perfume and make your own frog lube:

https://www.applied.com/apps/commerce/c ... =L0230-001

p. 150

get a small can of lubriplate food grade 0 weight aluminum based grease

It is what I use on my guns.

used to come in big expensive tubs, now in affordable sizes

umm ummm good
    "certified OU Kosher Pareve, HALAL registered"

I am guessing this must be some stuff, I mean its Jew and Muslim approved...
    Military Camp

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    It was written up in several gun magazines years ago.
    That's where I learned about it.

Gotta love it when claims for lubes are that they soak into the metal.

Remember the old days of Rislone, STP, Arco graphite motor oil (and many others long forgotten)?

Yeah, I admit getting suckered in. Mostly they are all gone, hassled by various government advertisement truth enforcers, now replaced by the super successful Lucas line of products.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It was written up in several gun magazines years ago.
    That's where I learned about it.

Gotta love it when claims for lubes are that they soak into the metal.

Remember the old days of Rislone, STP, Arco graphite motor oil (and many others long forgotten)?

Yeah, I admit getting suckered in. Mostly they are all gone, hassled by various government advertisement truth enforcers, now replaced by the super successful Lucas line of products.

I'm running Zmax in my BCG and PowerUp in my lower, my operating temps are way down and I went from 1 inch groups to sub moa

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    "certified OU Kosher Pareve, HALAL registered"

I am guessing this must be some stuff, I mean its Jew and Muslim approved...
    This could be the thing that brings peace and understanding to the Middle East.

Sucks tho- Aluminum? I have more respect for the Jews than thinking that they approve of edible aluminum. Come on Jews let's ban eating aluminum and start putting whatever we want in our refrigerators. Separate refrigerators aren't equal.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This could be the thing that brings peace and understanding to the Middle East.

Sucks tho- Aluminum? I have more respect for the Jews than thinking that they approve of edible aluminum. Come on Jews let's ban eating aluminum and start putting whatever we want in our refrigerators. Separate refrigerators aren't equal.

greases are made up of two parts. Oil and thickener or soap. The aluminum grease spoke of here isn't aluminum like you are thinking in the sense of metal that air planes are made out of. They use aluminum isopropylate mixed with acids, sometimes fatty acids and it creates a sponge effect that soaks up or pulls in the oil and holds it into place so it can do the lubricating.
    The thickener, or soap is just the carrier for the lubricant. The food industry has used this type of thickener for years because it has been approved for "incidental" contact in food factories and it seems to pump well in distribution lines which are common in food production. I have been in plants like this that make food containers and they use this type of grease for those reasons.
    The approvals are something they have to get from the USDA.

And the Kosher approval for certain plants that make these foods actually sometimes have a Rabbi fly over the plant and bless it.
    No kidding.

an aluminum complex based grease would make a good gun grease.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    greases are made up of two parts. Oil and thickener or soap. The aluminum grease spoke of here isn't aluminum like you are thinking in the sense of metal that air planes are made out of. They use aluminum isopropylate mixed with acids, sometimes fatty acids and it creates a sponge effect that soaks up or pulls in the oil and holds it into place so it can do the lubricating.
    The thickener, or soap is just the carrier for the lubricant. The food industry has used this type of thickener for years because it has been approved for "incidental" contact in food factories and it seems to pump well in distribution lines which are common in food production. I have been in plants like this that make food containers and they use this type of grease for those reasons.
    The approvals are something they have to get from the USDA.

And the Kosher approval for certain plants that make these foods actually sometimes have a Rabbi fly over the plant and bless it.
    No kidding.

an aluminum complex based grease would make a good gun grease.
    I can't have any fun.

thanks anyways

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I can't have any fun.

thanks anyways

sorry man, this is serious bizness in here. No time for tomfoolery and asshatery.
    ReynoldsWrap.jpg

if you want fun, you need to go to the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker thread.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    sorry man, this is serious bizness in here. No time for tomfoolery and asshatery.
    ReynoldsWrap.jpg
    You are right. I feel like I'll be ok though- during halftime I put mega man x in my super nintendo and beat the penguin, bird, monkey and armadillo. I saved the numbers to skip to that spot next time. I'm going after that damn elephant.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You are right. I feel like I'll be ok though- during halftime I put mega man x in my super nintendo and beat the penguin, bird, monkey and armadillo. I saved the numbers to skip to that spot next time. I'm going after that damn elephant.

ok... well if you just beat your monkey, that may be a little more info than we needed.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Is this the bad hamburger thread or the frog lube thread, I'm confused.

Oh Oh Oh! I could let the hamburger grease soak into the micro spaces of my 15 and shoot ragged holes at 1000 meters!

Top Bottom