• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Reduced portions, more exercise, but the water fast may be a shock to your system. It may trigger some low blood sugar problems. Check out www.yesnomaybe .com Ed Bergstrom is a freind of ours and this is all about eating foods at the right times of the day. This is different, it took some adjusting, but helped me lose 50 lbs. Morning foods include foods that grow 4ft high and up. Almonds, walnuts, fruits, and bananas. Midday foods are 4ft to the ground, beef chicken, sandwiches , bread etc. Evening foods are ground and under the sea. Fish, potatoes, beets, carrots, asparugus, brocolli, eggs at night. His book is about 20.00. Ed is a genius, and teaches doctors advanced food therapy. You can still eat your food but it it timed according too the "organ tides". I make coffee with maple syrup and cocoa, it balances your hormones. Beer from 11am to 5pm only. Pure tomatoe juice and mollasses at noon for the heart high tide. It's all about timing. I've kept the weight off. God, I hated giving up eggs and bacon in the morning, but it's for the better. Watch your salt intake, it will cause water retention and heart problems. Keep your potassium, magnesium and calcium levels balanced. A tuna, egg and onion omelete will keep you up all night. Five things you should avoid: fried foods, carbonation, popcorn, black pepper, melted cheese. They used to use black pepper to seal radiators, use cayenne. Shop around the outer edge of the food mart, not in the aisles. Health to you.
    Lynx Defense

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Have any of you fellers got your body comp done? Not the bologna BMI chart but an honest 7 or 9 site body comp? The 3 site will do as well.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Have any of you fellers got your body comp done? Not the bologna BMI chart but an honest 7 or 9 site body comp? The 3 site will do as well.
    when i was in the zone. now a days i just watch what i eat before i shove it in my mouth. lol.

this hurricane caused me to bloat up. lol.

Bexar county TX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Fasting

I did a juice fast last year and lost weight I went out and bought a juicer which is very messy and expensive especially carrots I could have shorn I went through 5Lbs of carrots and got .5 cup of juice, but anyways I did lose weight I started buying bottled juices (Odwalla, andNaked) I did lose weight I lost 15 -20 pounds with in a 45 days of fasting. Someone brought up sugars these juices do have a lot of sugars in them. Even though I gained some of the weight back it tought me portion control. Now I am working out and eating healthier.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I did a juice fast last year and lost weight I went out and bought a juicer which is very messy and expensive especially carrots I could have shorn I went through 5Lbs of carrots and got .5 cup of juice, but anyways I did lose weight I started buying bottled juices (Odwalla, andNaked) I did lose weight I lost 15 -20 pounds with in a 45 days of fasting. Someone brought up sugars these juices do have a lot of sugars in them. Even though I gained some of the weight back it tought me portion control. Now I am working out and eating healthier.
    wait wat?

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    If you have a juicer use it. I'll make carrot, radish, brocolli, kale, spinach, beet, celery, parsley, onion and garlic juice and sip on it all week. It is naturally sweet and will take toxins out. The live enzymes will get you back to normal.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, a little update before I head off to work. In the last 2 weeks I lost another 3lbs, so now I'm down to 244lbs. So basically in the last 3-4 months I've lost 23lbs from doing absolutely nothing except changing to a more healthy diet, drinking a proper amount of water for my body weight (body weight, divide by 2 = number of ounces) and that's it. I mean, I realize nutrition is important but, I haven't even actually TRIED to start losing weight, tried as in going to the gym and doing regular exercise. Well, since 4 months ago I've lifted weights twice and did cardio for 30 min, but that's too little to have made a difference.

So anyways, bottom line, nutrition sure is important! To further clarify my use of the word "diet", please don't misunderstand me and think I'm talking about a "temporary" diet. I really dislike the idea of temporary diets to try and lose weight. I'm making a permanent life change with my diet, but it's nothing drastic just the every day healthy stuff most people eat like fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, etc. I'll say this much, I FEEL great! There's definitely this feeling I have that I can't really describe. I attribute it to having a more proper and healthy diet. I don't know if it's due to a lack of bloating or anything since I rarely ever eat any greasy fast food type of stuff. All I know is that I feel thinner and physically feel "cleaner". I don't know if that makes sense, and I'm not talking cleaner from a mental standpoint. Physically my body feels "clean", I don't have any bloating issues or indigestion, etc.

So yesterday my diet consisted of:

Breakfast - Protein shake, glass of water

1st work break - 1 cup of carrots, 1/2 cup to 1 cup celery, green apple, 33oz bottle of water

"Lunch" (dinner time for everyone else, I work 2nd shift) - 1 serving oatmeal (1/2 cup), 1 cup carrots, 1 cup celery, 33oz bottle of water

Last work break - 1 serving oatmeal (1/2 cup), 1 banana, 33oz bottle of water

Late night snack (2-3hrs before going to sleep) - Turkey sandwich, 1 banana, a glass of water

All I know is that yesterday, for most of the day I had this odd sense of euphoria, which I can directly attribute to my diet. I just felt great all day. I'm still trying to get my portions under control or at least a bit more consistent, and I'm trying to get the time and number of times I eat a bit more consistent. Judging by what I've seen, read and personally experienced, ideally I want to have 4-6 smaller meals spread throughout the day as opposed to the regular 3 square meals a day thing. Right now I can tell from yesterday that I didn't quite eat enough during the day as I still felt a bit hungry at night once I got home. One thing I'm also trying to do is to stop eating at least 3-4hrs before I go to sleep.

Oh, and BTW I just signed up for a gym. I am going to start going regularly and actually trying now. ;) I'm still impressed that just changing my diet alone has contributed 23lbs to my weight loss without even trying. I think that says a lot about the whole garbage in garbage out thing. ;)

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great job!

Some folks I know suggest consuming 1g of protien/pound of body weight to keep up with training requirements.

It works for me.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    HK, glad to hear you're feeling well. When things are really clicking on our insides, everything seems better :)

You aren't kidding that diet IS important! Last year I was real spot on with my intake (proteins carbs and fats) and saw results very fast from the weight room and cardio.

It does take time to prepare meals for the day/week, but it worth it.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, just got back from the gym today. Today I had the same basic diet, only difference is no turkey sandwich tonight, and for dinner I had a Chipotle burrito, but otherwise I ate all the same other healthy stuff (carrots, celery, oatmeal, etc). Today at the gym I did some basic upper body / chest weight lifting.........GOD I AM WEAK AS HELL! I haven't lifted weights in a serious manner for probably 8-9yrs, and even back then I didn't lift all that much. Increasing the weight is going to be a long uphill battle, but what the heck else am I gonna do, right?! ;)

I'll say this much, cardio is much more enjoyable. Today I did 1hr 10min on the treadmill, primarily fast paced walking at speed 3.5 with a resistance level 2. I'm not sure if those settings are pretty standard/universal for most treadmills. I only did some minor jogging, probably at only ~50-60% speed. I've led a sedentary lifestyle for at least 5-6 years with very, very little exercise. Considering that fact, I'm taking it easy and starting out a bit slow so my body can get used to all my muscle groups going through the motions and whatnot. In addition, I also did 15min on the ellipitcal, I forget what the settings were. I think I'm going to work on increasing my cardio intervals to at least 1hr a day, 5 days a week.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    You think you feel good now... wait until you start picking up lean mass and those lungs start opening up.

Lifter's high is awesome.
    i actually like delayed soreness.. hitting legs on wednesday night. not feeling the soreness til friday morning. then walkin like a penguin all weekend. lol.

Top Bottom