• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FM-793

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    SW Houston - Westbury
    Blazer supposedly has corrosive primers. I'm surprised CCI makes such trash.

I've actually had pretty good luck with Blazer Brass 9mm - I've shot more than a few boxes of the stuff, and have reloaded the brass with no issue to this point. I'm not sure what would get me excited about 115gr FMJ range ammo, though, to be honest. Blazer is made by CCI/Speer - they've both been around a while. I shot CCI Stingers when I was a kid, and I'm closing in on fifty.

The Blazers use CCI primers and Speer bullets - can't imagine that CCI would create a special corrosive primer just for this ammo...

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had absolutly no problems with Blazer brass in any of my semi autos I have tried it with success in my rock island 1911, colt 1991, baby eagle 9mm ,taurus 9mm, I have run atleast 30 boxes of 45 acp through my 1911 and had not one problem it also is very good brass for reloading.

You Houston guys have you tried the pruetts ammo dump out in cy fair I think on Telge rd ?

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I too am a big fan of roll your own rcbs to the rescue , but components are majicly flying off the shelves everywhere even midway usa was out of stock on primers ....

www.wideners has primers as of this morning $20/1000 $100/5000 $30 shipping on up to 48 pounds which is a bunch of 5000 bricks they just got me for 1200 bucks !

powder is going away too, most of the reload junkies i know has stocked up early before the rush and gouging started .me I am set for life have plenty powder , primers and a mountain of lead ! I guess the kids will notice it when they get thier inheiritance dad had a problem LOL !

Castrolr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I just make 2 trips a week to the walmart closest to me.. i can occasionally find the 100 bricks of WWB or the 250 box of UMC.. you just gotta catch it when it arrives

teen1231

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    walmart ammo

You have to check walmart often sat morn early.they stock them on friday night. I have been buying win.100 rd packs of 40 /45 24.00 to 28.00 and have not had any problems with it.I see 3.80 there also all the time.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I got Blazer Brass .45 Auto at Wally Martinez the other moring at 7:30AM. I bought four boxes of 50rnds. The guy said they got 80 boxes in at midnight and they were down to twenty boxes when I got there. Oh yah. They were fifteen bucks a box. I thought it was a great deal. Since Gander Mtn has old beater boxes of Blazer Brass for 25. I bought a few from there and they were filled with CCI stamped brass cases, and beat up FMJs. The cases looked like they've been reloaded. Meh. I'll stick to staking out Wal Mart in the AM for fresh, cheaper boxes.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Picked up (2) boxes of Winchester 45 JHP and (1) box of Blazer Brass 45. That was all Walmart got in this morning...besides some 40 but I already picked 40 up last week.

Should I stock up on Federal 223 Remington? The last two times I went to Walmart they have gotten in the 100round value packs in the morning and sold out by 9am.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Depends on how much you use of it. I've got a standing rule that I don't get below "x" amount of rounds. If I hit that threshold, "plinking" in that caliber stops until I'm restocked. Right now, I'm not doing much plinking with .223, simply because I'm at the threshold, and am trying to wait out the current ammo runs.
    I'm not REAL sure as to just what's driving all this. I know that yesterday I was at Cabella's, and the folks were all over the gun department - in the short time I was there, I saw a good half-dozen handguns headed for the register, and there were a good 15-20 others staging. Thing is, these weren't the usual folks you'd expect - lots of "soccer mom" types, women who knew nothing about guns, but had decided they needed better protection than that offered by dialing 911. Like most of ya'll likely do, I eavesdropped in on a couple of the salesmen's conversations to see if they were feedin' any BS lines, and was pleased to hear very helpful and professional presentations/questions flowing. One guy even went so far as to suggest that a woman consider a shotgun, because she said she didn't have any firearms experience. He told her that she could always buy a pistol once she got training, but for immediate use, the shotgun would possibly be a better option.

sgtredneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Channelview,Tx
    I bought ammo no problem several times at the wally world store on I-10 east no problem the other morning got 10 boxes of 9mm $8.97 a box 5 boxes of 40 cal $12.47 a box and 5 boxes of 45acp for $14.97 a box al where blazer brass haven't never used this ammo but thought I would give it a try.
    pretty good haul if I don't say so myself.
    tommy

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    the two shops i've been going to lately both said .380 is popular due to the mass of inexpensive guns in that cal.

Sportsman's warehouse on 1604/281 is sold out of almost anything having to do with pistols or .223 etc...It almost looks like the place is going out of business, all they have are real basic shotguns, rifles and common pistols. 6 months ago, it was one of the nicest firearm stores i'd ever been too. :1zhelp:

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I bought ammo no problem several times at the wally world store on I-10 east no problem the other morning got 10 boxes of 9mm $8.97 a box 5 boxes of 40 cal $12.47 a box and 5 boxes of 45acp for $14.97 a box al where blazer brass haven't never used this ammo but thought I would give it a try.
    pretty good haul if I don't say so myself.
    tommy

The 45 Blazer Brass is good but I think it runs a little dirty.
    This is after 100rnds. Is that dirty for 100rnds?
    dsc00730.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom