• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Look at the shooting of Gabby Giffords. Arizona supports both concealed carry AND open carry. Her rally was in a public shopping center... yet nobody fired back and no citizen CHL hero stood tall.

Her rally was on property owned/lease by Safeway, which posted it as a "gun free zone".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2014
    Temple
    uploadfromtaptalk1405700431964.jpg

RiceKrispie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Houston
    My employer has a policy that they dont allow employees to have firearms with them while on the clock. Aside from that they have no 30.06 sign anywhere(or any other type of gun sign) I know I can be fired for carrying, but could they have me arrested?
    Just a curious question.

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    This sign is posted by the front door of the combo 7/11-Wendys at Marsh lane and Belt Line Road in Addison.
    As you can see, the sign itself is blocked by a post and is in red and white and appears to be the wrong size (I could be wrong about this part). It's very difficult to see unless you happen to be looking down as you walk in, because of the post blocking the signage.
    20140727_120028.jpg 720140727_120022.jpg

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    This sign is posted by the front door of the combo 7/11-Wendys at Marsh lane and Belt Line Road in Addison.
    As you can see, the sign itself is blocked by a post and is in red and white and appears to be the wrong size (I could be wrong about this part). It's very difficult to see unless you happen to be looking down as you walk in, because of the post blocking the signage.
    View attachment 29459 View attachment 29460

Does not apply to a CHL holder.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Yeah, I walked right past it with my Sig in pocket, LOL

Yes but it isn't improperly posted. It is a TABC warning because they sell alcohol there. If you illegally carry the penalties are worse so that is what the sign refers to.

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    I have a CHL so, I wasn't illegally carrying, besides which, I thought that sign wasn't legal since it didn't have the spanish language version posted beneath it

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    I have a CHL so, I wasn't illegally carrying, besides which, I thought that sign wasn't legal since it didn't have the spanish language version posted beneath it

The point is...that sign is not an improper attempt at a "no guns" sign. It is a perfectly proper sign that informs the public that you must be licensed (like you are) to carry a weapon there. It is not a 30.06 sign nor an attempt at one, therefore it is not required to meet 30.06 signage criteria i.e. English & Spanish, 1" letters etc.

dwsintxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2013
    Addison, TX
    ahhhh. . . Okay, I get it now. I was thinking that the store was improperly posting their version of the 30.06 sign.

In that case, LOL, sorry for MY improper posting of what I thought was an incorrect sign.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    ahhhh. . . Okay, I get it now. I was thinking that the store was improperly posting their version of the 30.06 sign.

In that case, LOL, sorry for MY improper posting of what I thought was an incorrect sign.

Don't worry about it, you are not the first to read over the "unlicensed" part of that sign. In your favor, you exhibited awareness of your surroundings, AKA 'situational awareness', probably the most important component of keeping that CHL. Better to question the details and be safe than sorry.

Top Bottom