• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have never seen a place that gave any indication they don't want a CHL in the building. How have you discerned that?

Now you are nitpicking.;) I believe what he is trying to say he does not spend money anywhere that gives the impression that they do not want his concealed handgun in the store, not the concealed handgun license.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Now you are nitpicking.;) I believe what he is trying to say he does not spend money anywhere that gives the impression that they do not want his concealed handgun in the store, not the concealed handgun license.

Actually, he is implying that places that post such signs don't want his his business. That is silly hyperbole.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Seems odd that they post both signs and I can't decide if it's correct or not and also whether or not I was in the wrong when I was in there.

This is what aggravates me, and the reason why I would never set foot in the place, carrying or not.

The three signs, in toto, unarguably create doubt, and casting doubt on an issue that can carry heavy legal penalties, including losing the right to own firearms, is either a clever ploy on the part of the business, or outright ignorance and/or stupidity.

Fark'em either way.

Last edited:

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Actually, he is implying that places that post such signs don't want his his business. That is silly hyperbole.

Said another way, he is unwilling to give his money to a business that doesn't respect his right to self defense. It's a respectable stance and one more of us should follow.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Said another way, he is unwilling to give his money to a business that doesn't respect his right to self defense. It's a respectable stance and one more of us should follow.

How how does not carrying a gun have anything to do with your right to self defense? People defend themselves without guns daily.

Be intellectually honest. The right to self defense has nothing to do with the right to carry a firearm. While one can use a firearm in self defense, it is not necessary. A firearm is but one tool of self defense.

If you don't want to shop where you cannot carry a firearm, then just say that. There is no need to pretend it is about nobler causes.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    How how does not carrying a gun have anything to do with your right to self defense? People defend themselves without guns daily.

Be intellectually honest. The right to self defense has nothing to do with the right to carry a firearm. While one can use a firearm in self defense, it is not necessary. A firearm is but one tool of self defense.

If you don't want to shop where you cannot carry a firearm, then just say that. There is no need to pretend it is about nobler causes.

Most of the time you are dead on. This time, you are wrong on all three statements. :green:

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    So I was at the Ikea in Frisco over the weekend. My wife and I were discussing the issue of the 30.06 signage as I drive past the front doors before entering so that I can see if one is posted. There was not a 30.06 sign posted at the front doors where I could see it from the parking lot. As we were entering the building she finally noticed the signage. I stopped and walked back to the car, we were in the Rooms-to-Go parking lot, and left my gun in the glove box, locked. I returned to my loving wife who was waiting for me by the door. Now, had she not notice the sign, I might very well have entered the store without noticing. You see, they put the sign in the entry way. We go through the first set of automatic doors and if you are like me then you are focused on the next set of doors, the escalator, the crowd, and the crap all directly ahead of you. The sign is well off to the left. Not visible from outside only visible once we entered the first set of doors.

Where does this stand for being in plain view? I think a good lawyer might make the case that during crowed times like Christmas rush, etc, this would not reach the level of plain view as there may be no way for me to see the sign. This weekend was typical. A steady stream of customers but there was no piling up in the entry way so the sign was visible.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So I was at the Ikea in Frisco over the weekend. My wife and I were discussing the issue of the 30.06 signage as I drive past the front doors before entering so that I can see if one is posted. There was not a 30.06 sign posted at the front doors where I could see it from the parking lot. As we were entering the building she finally noticed the signage. I stopped and walked back to the car, we were in the Rooms-to-Go parking lot, and left my gun in the glove box, locked. I returned to my loving wife who was waiting for me by the door. Now, had she not notice the sign, I might very well have entered the store without noticing. You see, they put the sign in the entry way. We go through the first set of automatic doors and if you are like me then you are focused on the next set of doors, the escalator, the crowd, and the crap all directly ahead of you. The sign is well off to the left. Not visible from outside only visible once we entered the first set of doors.

Where does this stand for being in plain view? I think a good lawyer might make the case that during crowed times like Christmas rush, etc, this would not reach the level of plain view as there may be no way for me to see the sign. This weekend was typical. A steady stream of customers but there was no piling up in the entry way so the sign was visible.
    I would have simply shopped somewhere else. Believe it or not, not all criminals are stupid. If I ever wanted to steal a gun it would be as simple as hanging out in a parking lot where a business posts 30.06 and wait for an honest citizen to look at the sign, return to his/her car, and head back to the store. One second to break the window, 10 seconds to look under the seat, check console and glove box and then in the wind.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2014
    Temple
    According to what I see a hospital does have to have 30.06 posted at each entrance. As for another business it's unclear. I don't see anything about the parking lot but it does state that it has to be "displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2014
    Temple
    ne2y6y6y.jpg

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014

While you and I can, females and the elderly probably cannot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom