• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    gee it feels a little lonely here, I am from a little town named Hawley. about 12 miles north of Abilene.
    heard about you on the fireing line too. now you say you like odd cals? well I have a pistol chambered for 38 colt short.
    and I like the idea of a place for Texans to talk about our guns, so thanksfor the site.:p
    Venture Surplus ad

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Hi, I'm Robert from the DFW area (Wylie). I arrived here after following a link from one of my other forums, HKPro.

I got into shooting after I met my wife. She's a hunter and has slowly gotten me into the sport. Her entire family hunts, they have a large ranch outside of Uvalde (South Texas). I am a handgun hunter, but also love target shooting. I hunt hogs at the ranch, the deer are too easy. There isn't much pressure on the wildlife, as only family (and our guests) hunt there. Even so, the hogs are still quite clever.

My favorite pistol is my HK USP Elite in .45, and my only rifle is a Ruger 10/22 [which is a full day of fun].

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wow, .38 colt short?! I have to say I don't think I've ever heard of that caliber. Hmm, time for me to do some research. ;)

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hi,My name is Todd and I just joined after seeing a link on M1911 forum.I have Nine 1911s,three Ars ,an HK USP,a Glock 27 and two Mac10s.I have a lot of time on my hands and If I am not out shooting I am riding my motorcycles.I am glad I found a site with other Texans as the other sites usually make some rude comments about Texas.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hi,My name is Todd and I just joined after seeing a link on M1911 forum.I have Nine 1911s,three Ars ,an HK USP,a Glock 27 and two Mac10s.I have a lot of time on my hands and If I am not out shooting I am riding my motorcycles.I am glad I found a site with other Texans as the other sites usually make some rude comments about Texas.

Glad to have you Todd, won't be any rude comments about Texas on my watch.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio

It's lonely at the top and I always expect to take a couple of arrows from jealous types! Welcome aboard!

R W

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hello,
    Am I the first or only Australian to register.
    Read about this site on TFL.
    Visited the US last year but didn't get to Texas.
    Regards, R W

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, you are definitely the first Aussie. Man, what an odd coincidence. I have an empty bottle of Cooper's Best Extra Stout next to my computer. ;) Good to have you here mate.

India0311

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Howdy...name's JD, orginally from the Lubbock/Amarillo area; currently reside in Dallas due to career. I've been a member of m1911.org for a spell, and read about this site from a thread on there.

Looks like a pretty cool forum you have here.

God bless Texas.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Hi, my name's Trevor and I'm a firearmohlic. From a very small town in the Amarillo area, spend most of my internet time over on TheFiringLine were I found this link, look forward to meeting some fellow Texas firearmohlics. :D

RangeMasterTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Texas
    hey jim don't feel lonely I'm in abilene now I was working for jones county SO.Mrkimber I am currently waiting on paperwork/build time on an anzio. they are not as expensive as most people think if you buy direct gunbroker prices are nuts.I see a bunch of you talking about mazdas and and datsuns and other rice burnin buzz bombs...any of yall have a real car? mines got twelve cylinders and is about to have seven gears, who wants to play.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    hey jim don't feel lonely I'm in abilene now I was working for jones county SO.Mrkimber I am currently waiting on paperwork/build time on an anzio. they are not as expensive as most people think if you buy direct gunbroker prices are nuts.I see a bunch of you talking about mazdas and and datsuns and other rice burnin buzz bombs...any of yall have a real car? mines got twelve cylinders and is about to have seven gears, who wants to play.

Please do tell what you have that has 12 cylinders. ;) Whatever it is I'm sure it's fun! I like a little bit of everything from Japanese sports cars (no not that FWD econo crap), German stuff (I'm a Porscheholic), and love classic muscle cars (I eventually want to build a 1st gen Camaro) among other things so I like to think I'm well rounded on the subject. An Anzio?! Now that is just plain awesome. We'd love to see some pics of the Anzio whenever it's built if you don't mind. I've seen pics on their website and they look pretty crazy! :cool:

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Anzio? = Enzo (Ferrarri) or am I getting names confused? Would love to take a couple of fast laps in one of those machines.

Good shooting and be safe.
    LB

hooahmedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    TEXAS.......where else?
    Howdy!
    My name is hooamedic and I found this place because of Lightfighter.net
    I love me some great firearms...........uuuuuhhhhh can you say...1911??? I knew you could!

I'm in the heart of Texas, where No Place Is Like Home.

Hope this place catches on and the trolls stay far far far away.

Top Bottom