Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

TTM07

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2019
    San Antonio
    Agreed.

I bought my first black gun after Sandy Hook for a huge mark-up. I learned a lesson.

That S&W Bozz & others have linked is a good gun at a good price. I'd buy it if I were you & not look back.

Yep, in the days leading up to the "first assault weapons ban" I paid inflated prices for 20 and 30 round magazines for my Mini-14. I remember AKs sold for $85-$100 then overnight they went to $750-$800.

Was more wanting to discuss prices and not which model to get. I realize everyone has their favorites and didn't see any point to rehashing. I threw the S&W and Ruger models out there for a baseline not that I'm set on those.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Was more wanting to discuss prices and not which model to get.
    Prices. Sometimes they are high, sometimes they are low. Right now they are a little high, but the S&W I linked to is a good deal right now. So if you are actually thinking about buying an AR that is about the best deal around. If you are not in the market for an AR, well then, never mind.

Last edited:

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what evidence you are basing that on.

The "deals" I've seen are from panic induced, impulse purchases just after sandy Hook and term 2 of Obama world. The poor schmucks who paid $2500 for an entry level AR were hell-bent on getting their money back.

I saw a vendor at a gun show asking $75 each for 30 round P-MAGs and lemmings were buying them.
    I'm being optimistic. The pandelerium will smooth out, imho. All those empty headed lefty's will not want the bad juju from the bad guns they all ran out and bought when the world was ending.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'd buy now if I was in the market. Prices are a tad higher but still reasonable.

In a month they may be coming back down but you just never know what the future holds.

The end of summer should be the best prices without any more craziness happening. Pandemic dying down and before the election really gets ramped up. But again we just can't predict what will happen.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Considering how much voter fraud is going to be going on in November I'd buy one now, because if for any reason Trump doesn't retain the Whitehouse that 580 dollar AR is going to be 1300 dollars IF you can find one.
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      337 KB · Views: 695

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The Ruger AR556 was just under $500 before the panic. Dang near bought one then. Should have.

I suspect the prices will creep down over the coming months. The virus gun buying surge is done. Unless people begin to fear that a Dem will take the WH, then prices will probably go up quite a bit.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Agreed.

I bought my first black gun after Sandy Hook for a huge mark-up. I learned a lesson.

That S&W Bozz & others have linked is a good gun at a good price. I'd buy it if I were you & not look back.
    More than a few SWAT teams and police departments issue that gun with a change or two. Not a bad deal at all.

I still vote PSA CHF upper. You can even pay extra for the Gisselle name on it if you want.

Neither the S&W or the others are a bad choice.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    More than a few SWAT teams and police departments issue that gun with a change or two. Not a bad deal at all.

I still vote PSA CHF upper. You can even pay extra for the Gisselle name on it if you want.

Neither the S&W or the others are a bad choice.

I tend to agree, you can put together a PSA gun that is every bit as good as anything on the market for under 500 bucks. Hell I put mine together for 350 and I will put it up against any Ruger or S and W.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    See title. I've been researching and shopping for my first AR-15, leaning toward Ruger AR-556 or S&W M&P Sport II. Was just about to pounce when the world blew up and panic buyers bought out the existing stock. I still see inventory but not the kind of deals pre-Covid 19. With the elections coming up I have a feeling demand will remain steady. Honestly not in a big hurry just kinda bummed about it. What do y'all think?

TTM08,

While I am NO FAN OF the "Mattel Special", I see a LOT of REAL Colt's parts kits for "cheap" in great condition for as little as 350.oo from vendors like SARCO.

Add a "less than 100 bucks" lower receiver & you have a semi-auto version of the M16 for <500.oo.
    (NOT expensive for a SA rifle, imo.)

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Top Bottom