• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I see both ends of the spectrum from private sales. I see people charging a premium because the demand is higher. I also see people selling things cheap to get rid of it because they need the money. Personally, I don't over pay for anything. I buy and stock up when things are cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    That "was" was back in February, before the stupidity started. Best price I saw then was $480. Probably won't see that any time soon unless Trump is re-elected.

oldag,

Allow me to fix your post, please. = It should, imVho, say "WHEN President Trump is reelected on 03NOV20 - - - -- ".

The DIMocRATS have NOBODY who has a prayer of defeating DJT in an even HALF-honest general election.
    (As to keeping the election HONEST, we election judges & officers are WISE TO the "scams" & will be carefully looking AT prospective voters, to assure that they ARE legitimate voters.)

just my OPINION, satx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    oldag,

Allow me to fix your post, please. = It should, imVho, say "WHEN President Trump is reelected - - - -- ".

The DIMocRATS have NOBODY who has a prayer of defeating DJT in an even HALF-honest general election.
    (As to keeping the election HONEST, we election judges & officers are WISE TO the "scams" & will be carefully looking AT prospective voters, to assure that they ARE legitimate voters.)

just my OPINION, satx
    Praying you are right.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport II 5.56mm Rifle with Dust Cover and Forward Assist: https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/166590

I would go for this if it were me. No extra sights to buy. If there is a problem you call S&W. Everyone loves their builds but for a first timer getting one right out of the box is great. My Ruger SR762 did not work right and went back to Ruger for a free fix. If it were a build it would have been my work. I have a Colt LE6920, the one with a carry handle, works great, non-panic buy but not cheap.

The real issue is that ammo has gone up significantly. Buy 1000 rounds now and wait for the prices to come down again. Even consider buying the ammo before you buy the AR.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Praying you are right.

oldag,

I suggest that you GET INVOLVED as an EO or a "newbie" Judge in your county. = Our biggest problem is that all too many of clerks & (in particular) election judges are SO OLD in years.
    (We recently lost a veteran election judge here who was 92YO to "just plain old age". - Fyi, at 73YO, I'm "one of the younger veteran Presiding Judges". = FACT.)

yours, satx

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    How would the quality be different? Except for the brand name the upper receivers are most likely from the same forges. I'll take FNs war proven steel barrels over anything else and the tool craft BCG is as good as they come.

200 bucks to have a brand name place assemble the parts and put an overpriced rail on it isnt worth it to most people.

But again it's an opinion.

Geissele doesn't make branded receivers as far as I know. The Geissele you're paying for is their rail, which are some of the very best available. A far sight better than PSA's. No argument from me on FN's barrel quality or PSA's CHF barrels. But the upper is stilled assembled by PSA, which has a just ok track record for that.

I can't help your perception that Geissele's rails are overpriced. I certainly don't think so comparing them to the cheap ones.

I'm not sure where you're getting the $200 more figure from either. This is is $599 with the CHF barrel and Geissele rail.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...3-geissele-mk14-m-lok-upper-no-bcg-or-ch.html

You're not going to touch a barreled upper for $399 with a CHF from PSA right now.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yeah, they’ve been running “free assembly” for close to a year now, I can’t imagine it’s going away anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn. That's about the best deal going then. And my money is they're less likely to torque the barrel nut into oblivion without grease too.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    oldag,

I suggest that you GET INVOLVED as an EO or a "newbie" Judge in your county. = Our biggest problem is that all too many of clerks & (in particular) election judges are SO OLD in years.
    (We recently lost a veteran election judge here who was 92YO to "just plain old age". - Fyi, at 73YO, I'm "one of the younger veteran Presiding Judges". = FACT.)

yours, satx
    I tried, but they kicked me out. When anyone said they were voting in the Democrat primary, I would ask them if they had lost their mind or had a lobotomy...

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    That "was" was back in February, before the stupidity started. Best price I saw then was $480. Probably won't see that any time soon unless Trump is re-elected.
    I guess instead of using the word was in bold face, I should have corrected my grammar to had been. Did not mean to imply anyone indicated they were for sale at that price now but that the prices I quoted were the lowest, and thus the closest to pre-panic prices, I have seen since the panic buying began.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I tried, but they kicked me out. When anyone said they were voting in the Democrat primary, I would ask them if they had lost their mind or had a lobotomy...

oldag,

Even our County Election Administrator KNOWS exactly how I feel. - I have an Associate Judge, who is a liberal (though NOT nutty) democrat PARTISAN.

DURING the PRIMARY, we BOTH say exactly what we think, if asked. = Neither Virginia nor I make an apology for being committed PARTY MEMBERS/PARTISANS.
    (Otoh, at the general elections, neither she nor I will even tell how we feel EVEN IF WE ARE ASKED by a voter.)

yours, satx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I guess instead of using the word was in bold face, I should have corrected my grammar to had been. Did not mean to imply anyone indicated they were for sale at that price now but that the prices I quoted were the lowest, and thus the closest to pre-panic prices, I have seen since the panic buying began.
    We are in complete agreement.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Nice price. Melonite too.

oldag,

Is the MELONITE process available to refinish OLD guns to protect them against SALTY air/SPLASH down on the coast??
    (Even most "stainless steel", like the 600 series S&W handguns "have problems" with corrosion, though not nearly as quickly as blued guns do.)

Note: When I worked down on the TX coast, we used to say that our "issue" S&W Model 10 & Colt's OP revolvers would "rust while you wait". = I quickly got sick of cleaning mine after nearly every shift.

yours, satx

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Picked up my new pistol yesterday from my go to gun guy, he told me that his inventory is starting to get back to normal. Right now, he does have a good amount of firearms and ammo. Might try checking out some local gun shops rather than online places, could find what you're looking for. Only downside of this, is that you may pay more than what you find online. On the plus side, you have the option of making payments on it. My son just recently bought a Del-Ton and paid it out.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    My great granddad had a threshing crew.
    Steam powered thresher that they set up in the middle of the fields. Burned the straw to make steam.
    I've got his anvil and some other farrier/blacksmith tools.

giphy.gif

Damn we getting back to the basics!

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      10.5 MB · Views: 591

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    oldag,

Is the MELONITE process available to refinish OLD guns to protect them against SALTY air/SPLASH down on the coast??
    (Even most "stainless steel", like the 600 series S&W handguns "have problems" with corrosion, though not nearly as quickly as blued guns do.)

Note: When I worked down on the TX coast, we used to say that our "issue" S&W Model 10 & Colt's OP revolvers would "rust while you wait". = I quickly got sick of cleaning mine after nearly every shift.

yours, satx
    Good question. I have never checked into this, but would assume there are shops that would do so. Whether or not they require the gun to be down to clean metal first, I don't know.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom