Hurley's Gold

Is there something wrong with the Glock 26?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's just getting it back out in a hurry that would present a problem.

My first concern would be in removing my daughter from the scene (i am almost always with her) and primarily staying out of a situation that would require the extra time gained by traditional carry.
    I lead a rather pedestrian life these days so it works for me. And even with traditional carry, if you don't have good situational awareness, it's probably not going to matter how many fractions of a second you shave off your draw.

I don't know how you people pocket carry these things. Pocket carrying anything larger than the Kahr CM9 I had felt like I was carrying a brick.

Cargo shorts or pants. I will admit It's a bit bulky in jeans for me.
    Hurley's Gold

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    In the cargo pocket or the front pocket? I've tried even loose shorts and still felt too big.

Front pocket. I have a folding knife in that pocket too. Perhaps I had to get use to it, just can't recall. I've been carrying that way ever since my daughter came along so I forget.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Aren't you worried about everybody seeing your bulging pocket?

(Yes, at this point I am shooting for another entry in the out of context thread).

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    My first concern would be in removing my daughter from the scene (i am almost always with her) and primarily staying out of a situation that would require the extra time gained by traditional carry.
    I lead a rather pedestrian life these days so it works for me. And even with traditional carry, if you don't have good situational awareness, it's probably not going to matter how many fractions of a second you shave off your draw.

Blah blah blah many words... I meant seriously, I can draw, point, shoot the Micro 9 from my pocket in one smooth third of a second motion, and the full-sized P99 would just tangle, twist and get stuck when trying to pull it out and I'd probably just shoot my dick off, despite the ......oh, so that's why it's called a decocker!
    But it does fit in there! (The 99 compact -same size as the G26- has half an inch less on both barrel and grip and is much easier retrieved.)

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    That's what so puzzling about it. Why so many for sale?

I think that today, the Glock 26/27 size guns are kind of going out of favor. Not much smaller than a G19, not much more capacity than the Shields and G43’s with mag extensions, and kinda bulky.

If the geometry of the Sig P365 catches on and manufacturers can make flush fit 10 round mags for Shields, XDs, G43, etc, G26 size could become less favorable.

I own a G26. I carry it with the Magpul 12 round mags and it’s a great little shooter. I typically carry it when I’m on a road trip and have a couple G19 magazines for spares in the console. I even carry it at times with the Xgrip sleeve and 15 rd magazine:

02e97c5106a39386421fb532b3986fb9.jpg

But for its size, to me... it’s bulky, and I tend to carry my Shield with the 10 round mag much more often.

https://hyvetechnologiesbuilder.com/index.php/product/preassembled-shield-9mm-2/

Just my $0.02 you got for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It IS a bit bulky. I struggle to conceal it in my corset holster but I make due.

I HAVE considered a Glock 43 and a nicer, slimmer option for CC and maybe this would be a good idea for on body CC.

Not sure I would give up my 26 to shoot at the range though.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Blah blah blah many words... I meant seriously, I can draw, point, shoot the Micro 9 from my pocket in one smooth third of a second motion, and the full-sized P99 would just tangle, twist and get stuck when trying to pull it out and I'd probably just shoot my dick off, despite the ......oh, so that's why it's called a decocker!
    But it does fit in there! (The 99 compact -same size as the G26- has half an inch less on both barrel and grip and is much easier retrieved.)

I agree, stick with what works for you.

Fosty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Austin
    Wife has one and I think it's pretty nice.
    Haven't fired it a whole lot, but it has been fine when I have.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    My EDC is a Glock 26, Gen 4. Suits me fine. Shoots fine.

I LOVE the flexibility of being about to put any double stack Glock 9mm mag in it.

I carry a 17 round extra mag.

So, my EDC is easy one gun, extra mag: 28 rounds total.
    And the 26 can use the same holsters, too. Makes it easy when I'm carrying my 26 and pack my 17 as a spare/truck gun.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom