• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to the TGT Austin OC Lunch?

• Total voters

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    As long as you're willing to be the test case, have at it. The rest of us will appreciate it.

I second this motion!
    I don't. I guess I'll tow the line to keep the sheep from stirring.

...that said, my interpretation is that it attaches to the belt. A standard holster attaches to the belt via loops, just like a dropleg. The difference is the length of the loop. They are both "belt holsters" in my opinion.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I don't. I guess I'll tow the line to keep the sheep from stirring.

...that said, my interpretation is that it attaches to the belt. A standard holster attaches to the belt via loops, just like a dropleg. The difference is the length of the loop. They are both "belt holsters" in my opinion.

The law doesn't say attached to a belt, it says belt holster. Is a drop leg holster sold and marketed as a belt holster? When a prosecutor holds up the packaging in front of the jury and asks is this a leg holster or a belt holster, what will they say?

I'm not saying I agree with the law, I'm simply putting forth what the law says. At best, it's ambiguous.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    The law doesn't say attached to a belt, it says belt holster. Is a drop leg holster sold and marketed as a belt holster? When a prosecutor holds up the packaging in front of the jury and asks is this a leg holster or a belt holster, what will they say?

I'm not saying I agree with the law, I'm simply putting forth what the law says. At best, it's ambiguous.

Yep, the ruling class just loves LOTS of laws, preferably ambiguous, so that everyone is a malefactor and they can pick and choose who to persecute!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Explain please.....I haven't looked at it enough, what would make drop legs not within the statute?

it is just my opinion. However, one formed by decades of having to read and interpret laws, teach it and over one decade of CHL teaching. A drop leg holster is not one the belt. I know exactly what the law reads, but I just think the police will be reading it as I do.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    it is just my opinion. However, one formed by decades of having to read and interpret laws, teach it and over one decade of CHL teaching. A drop leg holster is not one the belt. I know exactly what the law reads, but I just think the police will be reading it as I do.
    10-4, makes sense! It'll be interesting to see how that all goes down!

I'm not a fan of drop legs, or open carry for that matter, but I will support the right to do it!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A drop-leg attaches to your belt. It's a belt holster.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking.....seems like the argument could be made either way!

It matters not what either of you think. It matters what the police, prosecutor and jury think. I have just a little insight into two of those.

That said, I won't be open carrying; y'all enjoy the attention. :usflag:

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Im just saying its a gray area, and those aren't good for gun owners.

I'm not a fan of open carry and won't be doing it very often, if at all, I was just curious about the law!

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd

i forgot, you think you're God in here

TK6411

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    I am in San Antonio and am very interested. I will see what develops and if I can be there I will.

Jim

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    superthumb.jpg

Top Bottom