Joining a militia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by slim jim, Mar 31, 2008.

1. slim jim

slim jim Official News Guy

Mar 18, 2008
    Anyone joined or thought about joining a state militia?

2. slim jim

slim jim Official News Guy

Mar 18, 2008
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Lebanese Kataeb militiaThe term militia is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary[1] citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency; without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. Legal and historical meanings of militia include:

Defense activity or service, to protect a community, its territory, property, and laws.
    The entire able-bodied male (and perhaps female) population of a community, town, county, or state, available to be called to arms.
    A subset of these who may be legally penalized for failing to respond to a call-up.
    A subset of these who actually respond to a call-up, regardless of legal obligation.

In time of trouble we could help are communities. I found this on drudge today

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...cops31.art.htm

In bad times people could help are local and state gov.

3. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Lets start the Texasguntalk militia.Texas1911 can be the general.

4. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I second that 1911 as the Commander of all Forces.

We need a Air Force, and Navy also , and now lets ask who wants to be there commanders.

So for hi jacking your post

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    general-george-s-patton.jpg

In Patton I trust.

6. glock9

glock9 Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Texas has a Militia, The Texas State Guard (TXSG) http://www.gotxsg.com/

The TXSG is one of 3 brances of the Texas State military Forces reporting to the adjutant General and under the command of the Governor. The other branches are the Texas Army National Guard and the Texas Air Guard.

I've been a member for a while and find to be one of the more rewarding things I have done with my life.

I'm an old guy who was in the Army from 1969 - 1971 and after 9-11 wanted to do something to serve my country again. The TXSG accepts prior military as well as non prior members and provides emergency support to other state agencies in time of emergency.

There are many ways to serve from shelter management, communications, medical, and security.

I'm assigned to a QRT (Quick Reaction Team) which provides security and we receive some of the very best training.

Glock9

7. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for posting Glock9, I know a few people that were interested in a militia.

8. Tim_the_Bald

Tim_the_Bald New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Little Elm
    TSG is unarmed. There are other options out there. PM if interested.

9. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am interested. PLease post for us ALL to see.

10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known

Aug 4, 2009
    Midland, TX
    ditto