• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Honestly, when the police chief originally made his statement I just shook my head. The chief screwed the whole thing up, I'm not a lawyer, but by them coming out and convicting him in a public statement like that; it seamed the case was shot. His lawyer probably argued this before the judge saying that he would never get a fair trial by his peers.
    At the same time, why didn't this police chief know this? Why did they come out and condemn him publicly? Any lawyers in the house, I'd love to hear your take on this.

I loved hearing the chief scold him but it also made me think,"why the hell would he do this"?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Honestly, when the police chief originally made his statement I just shook my head. The chief screwed the whole thing up, I'm not a lawyer, but by them coming out and convicting him in a public statement like that; it seamed the case was shot. His lawyer probably argued this before the judge saying that he would never get a fair trial by his peers.
    At the same time, why didn't this police chief know this? Why did they come out and condemn him publicly? Any lawyers in the house, I'd love to hear your take on this.

I loved hearing the chief scold him but it also made me think,"why the hell would he do this"?
    Didn't he make the statement after the charges were dismissed?

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    He made a very long statement the day the indictments came down. I do not agree that it was problematic. It was unusual; however, this was an unusual case. The police wanted to avert public unrest/outcry about there being a miscarriage of justice.
    I think you are right. If what the Chief said really was a problem for the prosecution, they would have blamed the Chief for the charges being dropped. Conservative talk show hosts have implied his relation to the Obamas. I dunno but I do know they had plenty of evidence to prosecute.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Kim Foxx has much higher political ambitions than her current position. That explains it. Remember that Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff was texting Foxx about this, trying to set up a meeting/conversation with Jizzie's family. There is a payoff going on here - either money or the promise of support (probably both) in her future political campaigns.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Kim Foxx has much higher political ambitions than her current position. That explains it. Remember that Michelle Obama's Chief of Staff was texting Foxx about this, trying to set up a meeting/conversation with Jizzie's family. There is a payoff going on here - either money or the promise of support (probably both) in her future political campaigns.
    I believe you are correct. This stinks to high heaven!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If not a violation of oath of office, it is one of public trust.
    That last one should carry the death penalty if we want to stop this type of crap.

Top Bottom