Lynx Defense

just "how" wierd are ya., a study in eccentricities..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I pulled every stitch of carpet out of my house and had ceramic tile installed everywhere. Tile is easy to keep clean and I love it that way.
    Before I bought my current house, I was shown and almost bought a different house where the previous occupant felt like you, just enhanced. Ceramic tile was on all the floors. It also covered most walls and about half the ceilings. I remember thinking "Just put a drain in the middle of the floor and you could clean house with a fire hose."
    Capitol Armory ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I remember thinking "Just put a drain in the middle of the floor and you could clean house with a fire hose."

Funny you said that, Ben, as I want my retirement house's workshop to have a bathroom set up such that I just spray the whole thing with bleach and pressure wash it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    now fess up on the eccentric behavior hidding behind that epic beard of yours..
    That beard, I'll have you know, in my avatar picture is actually tucked into the shirt. Seriously, only about half of it is shown; the bottom, more straggly half, was hidden.

As for my eccentricities, I've posted a few. I'll try to think of some.

For now - I'm paranoid about data security. Every computer in my house except the iPad is fully encrypted. My personal passphrase is several dozen characters long, including characters from the extended ASCII set that requires 5 keystrokes to type a single letter. I've let my family know that if I get hit by a bus, just give my computers to one of my old work buddies since he'll be able to wipe it all clean and use it if he wants. If he doesn't, he knows where to sell hardware encryptors, two of which are currently in use on the computer that I'm using to post this.

Nobody who physically steals my stuff gets my data. If you've ever lived through the personal violation of having your entire house emptied in a robbery (I have) then you'll do anything to avoid letting the bad guys have anything they can actually use.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    * I always sleep closest to the exit door. Not the right or left side of the bed but the side closest to the door.
    * When opening a soda, I always tap the top three times before opening.
    * Backed when I dipped snuff, I would pull the tab off my empty can to indicate that can is NOT soda.
    * I cannot sleep in a crew-neck shirt.
    * I always check to see if a gun is unloaded even if I just watched my most trusted friend in the world clear it and hand it to me.
    * The first thing I do after buying a gun is I read the manual then field strip and clean it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can't sleep in any kind of pajamas. I also like the room cold and a big thick comforter.

When I work all night I sleep best in my recliner in the living room with everything going on. If I get in early enough a d crawl in bed before everyone gets up I can sleep there but if they get moving around and then go somewhere I will wake up because the house is too quiet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    While I generally prefer to go about my business in public unnoticed and don't put up a fuss about much of anything, I have been known to scream "Shut UP!" to people talking during movies.

During the ads, sure. During the trailers, well, you should already have your popcorn and drinks and be settled down to watch. Once the movie starts, though, SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    * Backed when I dipped snuff, I would pull the tab off my empty can to indicate that can is NOT soda.

I do this because it makes the hole a little larger. The indication that is is not soda is a secondary benefit (although I personnally have taken a swig on accident a time or two). LOL

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I rarely use doors. It's more convenient to simply smash through a wall or ceiling when I enter a room.

If I'm particularly annoyed with someone, I'm likely to throw a bus full of screaming passengers at them.

There's this one guy who really gets on my nerves - for some reason he's somewhat famous around here. Wears a lot of red and blue. I can't stand the sanctimonious bastard. He will swear his allegiance and kneel before Zod.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I always check the stove to make sure the burners are off before I leave. And check to make sure the doors are locked. I even close the blinds that cover the back glass sliding door so no one can see the safe in the dining area. i put a paint roller stick in the door track too. The teepee roll goes on so the roll dispenses from the top. Sometimes, I go around the block and drive by the house again to make sure the garage door closed and didn't bounce and roll back up. I have some shifty neighbors who'd clean out my garage if given half the chance.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    Doing well here. Got an Extar EXP pistol for Christmas. Took it to the range and that thing is FUN! Almost no recoil, doesn't weigh much, and it's LOUD!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Funny you said that, Ben, as I want my retirement house's workshop to have a bathroom set up such that I just spray the whole thing with bleach and pressure wash it.
    There's an old saying in real estate: "If you want to sell a house to a woman, put in lots of closets. If you want to sell a house to a man, put a drain in the middle of the garage floor."

It's funny 'cuz it's true.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    The one about having your back to the wall in public places doesn't strike me as odd or eccentric....it's part of the male DNA.

I am the same as some of you with numbers on dials or displays....has to be set to an even number.

I am also the type of person that has to be everywhere early, especially the airport. If I am not at the gate AT LEAST 1 hour before boarding call, it drives me nuts.

Lastly, and maybe my most peculiar, is that I wipe my butt with toilet paper, then finish with wet wipes. I carry wipes with me pretty much everywhere I go that I expect to have use the bathroom. At work, this is not feasible, so before going into the stall, I make my own wipes (several wet paper towels). IMO, whoever came up with the idea of wiping a shitty ass with dry, flimsy paper, was a moron. LOL! Friends of mine who knew this used to make fun of me for it, but several have converted to my method. ;-)

This is about to turn into a reddit thread lol

sent from the bathroom

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Lastly, and maybe my most peculiar, is that I wipe my butt with toilet paper, then finish with wet wipes. I carry wipes with me pretty much everywhere I go that I expect to have use the bathroom. At work, this is not feasible, so before going into the stall, I make my own wipes (several wet paper towels). IMO, whoever came up with the idea of wiping a shitty ass with dry, flimsy paper, was a moron. LOL! Friends of mine who knew this used to make fun of me for it, but several have converted to my method. ;-)

I joined this club a few years ago

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

I sure hope you don't give live demonstrations as part of the conversion process....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    as a kid, I was a hoarder of (sometimes disgusting) things

You know those little plastic containers that you get from the quarter machines? Well I had one where I collected my boogers.....

When we had a bad flea infestation, I had a large mug full of water, whenever I would get bitten by one, I would grab in, and drop the flea into that mug of water with all the other dead fleas I had in there

when you buy single reeses peanut butter cups, there is a little, white, square cardboard piece to keep the package from bending around the candy....i kepts those cardboard pieces

i collected the comics section from the sunday paper for years. had a huge stack of them in the corner of my room

I hoarded my teeth, had all but one of them till I moved to college. (I lost that one in a van, but I owned the van in high school so I had a complete set). I threw em out when I moved to my own place.

Note: my baby teeth.

Top Bottom