• ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    To Judge Kavanaugh,

It's apparent that you're a man of Faith, Honor, and Integrity. I pray that God will watch over and protect you and your family. The attacks of the liberal left on your honor are an absolute abomination. They have truly exposed the vile hatred at their core. I will say that their attacks on you are not unique, they would have done and will do the same to ANY nomination to the Supreme Court that President Trump puts forth.

You see they are still stinging over Hillary Clinton's loss. They feel that your nomination should have been THEIR nomination. In fact they feel the nomination of Justice Gorsuch should have been theirs, either through Obama or Clinton.

This feeling of profound loss to what they feel should have been theirs causes them to lose the facade and act like the spoiled children they really are.

When he gets on the court, do you know how long he will be pissed off at the left for what they did to him?
    He will fight to be impartial, but he is a human, and the hurt will run deep from this.
    If you were the left, would you want one of the Supreme Court Justices absolutely hating your guts?
    Well... they are gonna have 2 now, him and Thomas

I really hope that Justices Kavanaugh and Thomas band together and do as much damage as they can to the left. There are matters of degree to which they could and can define an opinion. I hope that they hurt these assholes on the left to the maximum amount possible. Instead of narrow decisions let's see them go wide. If the right case comes before the court let them gun Roe vs Wade, let them strengthen the Second Amendment, let them validate Voter ID laws.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Not that I know of but -
    • Other forums with which some of us have involvement have recently had problems,
    • There's been a rash of people starting threads by posting whole articles, something that was prohibited even under the earlier rules, and
    • Pending EU legislation is going to be a pain if it passes in early 2019.
    It's best to get our house in order now.

I didn't realize this forum adhered to the laws of the EU, if that's the case I'm going to have to ask that you and others start handing their guns over to a responsible person such as myself to be stored and/or destroyed.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hypothetical:

Judge Kavanaugh is not confirmed. Do he have legal recourse through civil procedure for the pain and suffering caused by Ford and Feinstein?

I’m not smart with regards to libel, slander, etc., but I seems to me that were he not confirmed, he he would be irreparably harmed by the acts of others.

This isn’t a should he/should he not. This question is does civil law provide a means for this story to be told in the courts?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Her testimony is whacky. She drinks, goes upstairs - to restroom(?), is pushed into bedroom where she is attacked. Hides in a ( small bathroom ) adjacent to bedroom until they left. Went down stairs and evidently walked 6 mi.home without going to the restroom. Does't remember anything but the attack ( or much of anything else). She even alluded that her freind's lawyer stated her friend didn't remember the incedent. Her friend has severe back problems but surely any lawyer would actually ask before submitting a statement. She just shrugged off anything contrary to her testimony.

Thats what happens when you get paid to make shit up

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I didn't realize this forum adhered to the laws of the EU, ...
    We don't and won't. The fact remains that if EU law changes like it seems it will, all sorts of sites inside and outside the EU will start getting tax bills. They will have no force of law (yet, unless the U.S. reaches some stupid trade agreement with the EU) but they can't really be ignored. Resolving those matters will take resources.

It's better to sidestep the problem now rather than deal with it later.

If you want more, let's start a private conversation.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    "Copyright violations: Cutting and pasting any external article content will no longer be permitted. If you care about TGT please don't do it. We can't afford to get shut down over a needless lawsuit and these legal firms are getting more aggressive about coming after site owners. So when you want to reference an article, you may post:
    1) A link to the article.
    2) The title of the article.
    3) A brief summation in your own words of the article.
    4) While quoting the first sentence of the article is probably reasonable under the doctrine of Fair Use, the practice should be avoided.

Threads that violate this policy will be deleted without notice. Multiple infractions will draw a ban. The state of copyright law as it pertains to online use is in flux internationally and TGT will take a conservative approach."
    Lets remember this ONLY applies to copyrighted materials. Which is almost ALWAYS stated at the end of article. BUT it does not have to be

Here is a good way to check. IF the article has "share" button on it, then it's highly unlikely it's copyrighted or if so, then the writer has given permission to share his work.

If by some chance someone does post an article on a forum that is copyrighted the chances of getting sued are very small at the very best: First the forum has little control over what is posted, then and I assume this is the case here, in the forum rules it clearly states what Vaquero posted above. So what would they do, sue? No is the safe bet the first thing they have to do before they ever can take it to court is to send a "cease and desist" letter. Next step is to watch and note if the practice continues, if so they can sue. YES suit and damages and run big, well into the $100's of thousands and beyond. Most often when there is a legal case involved it has to do with pictures.

When does the rule of copyrighted material occur. Legally, at the moment of thought of creation, immediately.

I used to write and have been well publish, all my materials were copyrighted, but I gave them permission to share but in writing at the end of my articles and by providing a share button and my internet works.

Things to watch for:

Pictures that have a watermark, DO NOT post those, that is nothing but trouble. Most all fotogs are free lancers, they make make money by taking pics and providing them to a media source, TV, magazines etc. They get paid by exposures and or by the TV or mag for its use...in other words don't muck with some ones paycheck!

Be extreme cautious on using anything that appears to be a logo, trademark etc. In fact I just got off the fone with a friend up in Idaho and got the 'cease and desist' letter for using a companies logo in his business.

Written materials like I wrote (opinion and technical papers), if there is no share button embedded in the article then post as per Vaquero guidance....

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    KavThomasBurnit.jpg
    Are pictures of tweets still ok?

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    We don't and won't. The fact remains that if EU law changes like it seems it will, all sorts of sites inside and outside the EU will start getting tax bills. They will have no force of law (yet, unless the U.S. reaches some stupid trade agreement with the EU) but they can't really be ignored. Resolving those matters will take resources.

It's better to sidestep the problem now rather than deal with it later.

If you want more, let's start a private conversation.

Resolving issues with the EU would take a lot of resources, tomahawks, Marines, Abrams tanks, artillery, regular Army, air assaults from the Airforce to soften the ground. Oh, wait, we just send sarcastic tweets to hostile entities these days. I bet those REALLY hurt. LOL The "Little Rocket Man" cried for days after that tweet. Failing that, there is the rather lethal, "Nanny, nanny boo-boo." That one is a doozy. :)

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    The response I would give to the democrats asking for an FBI investigation is to ask if the FBI corroborates all of Kavanaugh's statements and witnesses, would that senator (Harris, Booker, Durbin, Blumenthal, etc) guarantee that he would vote for Kavanaugh? Of course, every one would say "no" because the request for an investigation has nothing to do with why they oppose him

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Thats what happens when you get paid to make shit up

Yup. If someone has the balls to the follow the money, the Dems would disappear from the midterms. I love how they keep yammering that Kavenaugh be investigated by the FBI after even the statute of limitations had expired. Now, the FBI and ICE forensic account examiners would find money in the accusers account, and when traced back would be from entities on behalf of the DNC, the story would be trash, and so would several Congressional careers. It just takes a little investigation. It doesn't even require a warrant. FINCENS can be run on any suspicious transactions in a bank account. Then the whole house of cards tumbles down, and the accuser goes to jail for perjury. The end.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    The response I would give to the democrats asking for an FBI investigation is to ask if the FBI corroborates all of Kavanaugh's statements and witnesses, would that senator (Harris, Booker, Durbin, Blumenthal, etc) guarantee that he would vote for Kavanaugh? Of course, every one would say "no" because the request for an investigation has nothing to do with why they oppose him
    They would say anything that would get him to agree to opening FBI investigation... it's a trap- they know nothing will come of the investigation, but it will stall long enough that they blue wave (like the one in my toilet?) that they're hoping for in November will take away enough votes that he can't be confirmed anymore.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Pretty much my exact thought. If it would matter, it would help democrats on the fence about his nomination but we all know full well there's no such thing. Delay is the only word they want to hear, and their vote would still be Nay even if it were Jesus Christ himself being nominated.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    They would say anything that would get him to agree to opening FBI investigation... it's a trap- they know nothing will come of the investigation, but it will stall long enough that they blue wave (like the one in my toilet?) that they're hoping for in November will take away enough votes that he can't be confirmed anymore.

They should be careful what they wish for.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    From September 20, 2018:
    Grassley is not calling the shots. Flake and Collins are.

So, yes it is Grassley calling the shots (IF he has enough backbone to do so).

Have you figured out yet Grassley is not calling the shots, Flake and Collins are? Do we need an MSPaint diagram?

Now McConnell is not calling the shots either. It comes down to Flake, Collins, Murkowski.

eta

NEWS: Murkowski, entering the Capitol “on the way to talk to her colleagues,” said she supports @JeffFlake proposal for a one week delay and an investigation.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I am waiting for him to be appointed, and this whole thing blowing up in the Dems faces. They can play gonif all they want and be Kholyere. But, the people aren't as big of schmucks as the Dems think they are.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Anyone here keep a calendar since Jr. High and can produce one from 36 years ago?

Me either...........

Not I but this kinda thing is going to be very common in the future. It’s actually already happening. Too many utes (and adults too) put everything out there on social media. Nothing like documenting all your stupid and possibly illegal behavior and then backing it up with pics.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I am waiting for him to be appointed, and this whole thing blowing up in the Dems faces. They can play gonif all they want and be Kholyere. But, the people aren't as big of schmucks as the Dems think they are.
    Huh? Either the admins are doing some stupid stuff with the site, or you have some interesting vocabulary. ;)

Top Bottom