• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Kavanaugh’s opening statement was powerful. He single-handedly saved his own nomination with it.

His approach was very much, “damn the torpedos, full speed ahead”. I’m sure he was thinking, “what have I got to loose at this point?”

He wrote it himself. No one had seen it before hand except one past law clerk that used to work for him. He used that person as a sounding board and as a ‘thought continuity checker’.
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    During the initial hearings I was waiting for his calm exterior to crack as they made all kinds of implied accusations. He was cool as a cucumber.

No surprise that after they decided to destroy his career and his family with a bunch of unverified and ridiculously far fetched testimony which had been withheld for weeks...well, looks like he’s had enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Her testimony is whacky. She drinks, goes upstairs - to restroom(?), is pushed into bedroom where she is attacked. Hides in a ( small bathroom ) adjacent to bedroom until they left. Went down stairs and evidently walked 6 mi.home without going to the restroom. Does't remember anything but the attack ( or much of anything else). She even alluded that her freind's lawyer stated her friend didn't remember the incedent. Her friend has severe back problems but surely any lawyer would actually ask before submitting a statement. She just shrugged off anything contrary to her testimony.

To be fair, when asked what she didn't forget, she mentioned nothing of the attack at all. She remembered the bedroom, the bed on the right hand side, the stairwell, and the laughter. What surprised me as well as some colleagues was that she didn't remember being pinned down...she didn't remember having the hand placed over her mouth, which was supposedly so tramatic...instead, she remembered the stairwell

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    "Copyright violations: Cutting and pasting any external article content will no longer be permitted. If you care about TGT please don't do it. We can't afford to get shut down over a needless lawsuit and these legal firms are getting more aggressive about coming after site owners. So when you want to reference an article, you may post:
    1) A link to the article.
    2) The title of the article.
    3) A brief summation in your own words of the article.
    4) While quoting the first sentence of the article is probably reasonable under the doctrine of Fair Use, the practice should be avoided.

Threads that violate this policy will be deleted without notice. Multiple infractions will draw a ban. The state of copyright law as it pertains to online use is in flux internationally and TGT will take a conservative approach."

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thanks Vaquero. Sorry, thought this forum allowed for limited quoting. I got the rules mixed up with a different forum that allows for limited quoting from articles. Won’t happen again.

I mentioned McConnell’s suspected motivation for calling a “rare special Saturday session” back in my post #336. Just was trying to lend some credence to my earlier comment.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Thanks Vaquero. Sorry, thought this forum allowed for limited quoting. I got the rules mixed up with a different forum that allows for limited quoting from articles. Won’t happen again.

I mentioned McConnell’s suspected motivation for calling a “rare special Saturday session” back in my post #336. Just was trying to lend some credence to my earlier comment.
    No problem.
    It's a new policy.
    I'll be "that guy" for a few days.

Thanks.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Did ya'll get a cease and desist from someone?
    Not that I know of but -
    • Other forums with which some of us have involvement have recently had problems,
    • There's been a rash of people starting threads by posting whole articles, something that was prohibited even under the earlier rules, and
    • Pending EU legislation is going to be a pain if it passes in early 2019.
    It's best to get our house in order now.

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    I’m seeing some reports that Kavanaugh has the votes to get out of committee and then to be confirmed by the full Senate. Things may change by morning, but for now he seems in good shape.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Cornyn called out Feinstein for leaking the document and made a fool of her. By the time it was Cruz turn to talk, the battle was won.

Renegade,

You don't have to make "FINE-SWINE" look like a fool, as she IS one & a CHEAP CROOK, too.

yours, tex

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    On another angle,

What woman will ever come forward now knowing Dems cannot keep her name confidential and will throw her under the bus for political purposes?

Renegade,

"FINE-SWINE" treated Ms. Ford like TP & flushed her when she was well-used.

DIMocRATS care NOTHING about anything/anybody except $$$$$$$$$$ & POWER.

yours, satx

Top Bottom