ARJ Defense ad

Keltec poor service. Copy and pasting what they sent back to me via email.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'd never buy a Kel Tec again, just spent another $50-75 and get a Ruger instead.

I have both brands and both brands rust! I trade off carrying Keltec P3AT and Ruger LCP pistols. I pocket carry everywhere I go and my guns get wet with sweat every day. The guns get some surface rust on the slide and that has nothing to do with it being a cheap gun. ANY ferrous metal will rust in this climate and my salty sweat can rust some types of stainless steel! When I get done riding bicycles and finally dry off, my shirt has big streaks of dried salt stained on it. That's going to rust metal......no question about it.

I can understand why the OP is upset but the Parkerized slide is a pretty good fix! Hell, I might send mine in for that finish! Is it a warranty fix or an optional finish?

To the OP......My slides rust, so I periodically use oily 0000 steel wool to remove the rust, warm the slide (use a hair dryer or heat gun), oil the exterior heavily, then wipe the slide with a clean rag. I do that about once per week and the guns still look great after years of this!

If you're still unhappy, PM me and I'll try to make you a deal you can live with.

Flash
    Lynx Defense

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You get what you pay for.

You can find PF9s all day long for under $225. I wouldn't expect them to be of same quality as more expensive choices.

Keltec cut in certain areas to provide a low cost option for consumers. In doing so they sacrificed finish instead of something affecting reliability. A good choice, IMO.

Just clean it up and send it off or prime and rattle can it. Its really not a big deal for such an inexpensive pistol.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    In 3 years Ill be able to buy them out if I want so right now its not a big deal.

Awesome...so when you buy them out you can get them to speed up production on my KSG shotgun. In or out of waistband, a daily carry should get weekly if not daily mauntenance. My department issued Sig P226R gets surface rust on the trigger and sights.....all ours have had it. It sits daily in my SafariLand Raptor III holster. Once a week I take it out, run through my ultrasonic cleaner and relube everything. If i have a pistol I paid sub 500 for, or not familiar with the finish, I'd naturally keep an extra eye on...but that's just me....I just came back from a 2 week vacation and kept my 50 cal in my locker. Our patrol room is soooooo friggin' humid that I could see very minor surface discoloration where i hold the barrel along with the finish on my APA Bipod......those definitely aren't cheap, but just a different finish than I'm used to.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    In 3 years Ill be able to buy them out if I want so right now its not a big deal.

I find it interesting that a recently out of work nurse could buy out a massive privately help company in 3 years.
    What's your secret?
    Advocare, Amway, Organo Gold, Passion Party, or Scentsy?

Since this Kel-Tec is such an issue for you, I'm going to assume you're starting at zero, otherwise you would have bought a Glock and none of this would have been posted.
    Just in case you didn't know...
    Kel-Tec CNC Industries, Inc. was founded 1991 in Cocoa , Florida . Initially, a CNC machine shop, Kel-Tec started to manufacture firearms in 1995. Specializing in innovative rifle designs and handguns for concealed carry by law enforcement personnel and qualified citizens, we are now one of the top five handgun makers in the US , making us one of the largest firearms manufacturers in the World.
    Kel-Tec continues to grow and expand at our Cocoa facility thanks to our many satisfied customers. In addition to our 26,000 sq. ft machine shop, our 6200 sq. ft. assembly area, and our 8920 sq. ft. final assembly and repair center which has a 100 yard indoor shooting range, we have begun construction on a new 12,500 sq. ft. building to house materials needed just to keep up with demand.

Kel-Tec CNC Industries Incorporated is a privately held corporation under the laws of Florida and of the United States .

26k sq ft of machine shop? That alone is worth millions of dollars...

I hate to break it to you, but Fantasy Island went off the air years ago.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Rust happens. I can certainly understand your frustration but after 6 months any gun could rust under normal circumstances. I ordered a heavy barrel for my 10/22 and it developed little spots of surface rust after a week of leaning against my wall. Like others have said... oil it and buff it out with steel wool. I sanded my barrel and duracoated it.. no rust anymore. $60 Parker job sounds like a pretty good deal to me though..

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Not to boast or anything my friend but its called a trust fund .........smartass. Out of work??? do you not also remember I was on unemployment possibly making what you did at your normal job. Think before that crap comes out of that mouth. You have nothing to do with me on the boards or in real life. If you ever do I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE LUNCH, LETS DO IT. Cause that way you make a turnaround and wont talk all this crap. Guaranttee it.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I find it interesting that a recently out of work nurse could buy out a massive privately help company in 3 years.
    What's your secret?
    Advocare, Amway, Organo Gold, Passion Party, or Scentsy?

Since this Kel-Tec is such an issue for you, I'm going to assume you're starting at zero, otherwise you would have bought a Glock and none of this would have been posted.
    Just in case you didn't know...
    Kel-Tec CNC Industries, Inc. was founded 1991 in Cocoa , Florida . Initially, a CNC machine shop, Kel-Tec started to manufacture firearms in 1995. Specializing in innovative rifle designs and handguns for concealed carry by law enforcement personnel and qualified citizens, we are now one of the top five handgun makers in the US , making us one of the largest firearms manufacturers in the World.
    Kel-Tec continues to grow and expand at our Cocoa facility thanks to our many satisfied customers. In addition to our 26,000 sq. ft machine shop, our 6200 sq. ft. assembly area, and our 8920 sq. ft. final assembly and repair center which has a 100 yard indoor shooting range, we have begun construction on a new 12,500 sq. ft. building to house materials needed just to keep up with demand.

Kel-Tec CNC Industries Incorporated is a privately held corporation under the laws of Florida and of the United States .

26k sq ft of machine shop? That alone is worth millions of dollars...

I hate to break it to you, but Fantasy Island went off the air years ago.

Your posting as if you are a employee that puts out such a cheap ass product my son, not good not good

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    I sent a message to a supervisor, I am GETTING IT FIXED FOR FREE> EMAIL TO FOLLOW. Im sure scaphead knows all about it since hes the CEO of the company and were just finding out about it and his crap cheap guns.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Dear Marc Miller, R.N.
    Per your request, a copy of your e-mail has been forwarded to myself for review. I sincerely apologize that you have had issues with the blued finish on your Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol. I must advise you that Kel-Tec does not warranty the finish beyond the first 90 days after the original date of purchase. (Please see below for full information on Finish Warranty.)

However, as a one time courtesy and in an effort to maintain customer satisfaction, I will waive the normal $40.00 fee and approve the refinishing of your PF-9 slide at no charge to you, provided the following criteria is met:

(1) You are the original owner of this firearm
    (2) A copy of your original, dated sales receipt is enclosed with your slide
    (3) A copy of this e-mail is enclosed with your slide and request for refinishing

Please send the above required information along with your PF-9 slide (No other portion of your pistol is required for refinishing purposes) to:

Kel-Tec CNC Industries, Inc.
    ATTN: SERVICE DEPT.
    1475 Cox Rd.
    Cocoa, FL 32926

Sincerely,

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    No offense, but there's a lot of BS that gets posted on the internet. When people make such claims, you can't blame people for being a little skeptical. I don't blame Scap for asking.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Hes the second person that made a claim to basically call me out, liek I think you with the nurse thing. DUDE< I dont care who believes what. Im going to do me regardless what you guys think. People that are worried bout shit like that are normally the ones INTERNET FIGHTING. cause I promise you, there is no fighting in real life. Especially over stupid shit you wouldnt think to do in real life. Come on guys, you know Ive changed and done act stupid on the boards onymore. You should too. It makes it a lot better place.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    What type of finishing should i request?

Whatever helps you get over your feelings being hurt for them telling you what their warranty is. You should also post whatever email that you said was "Stern but nice." and then claim they were giving you poor service when they replied with what seemed to me to be a detailed and very polite and sincere response.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    here ya go.

I bought a keltec pf-9 5 months ago. It sat in my house in the case until one month ago when I got my CHL licence. Fired at fun range twiec around 300 rounds. Al the sudden I am getting surface rust all over the gun. As a medical physician I need to see what Keltec can do for me. I am a member on TEXASGUNTALK.com. They all state for me to call you guys and see if you can send me a replacement and I sent this crap back to you. It has nothing to do with me and members stated you guys are pretty good at customer service and like to keep comtomers so we come back and buy more product form you, which I do indeed plan on doing as long as we can get this straightned out. i have taken about 10 pics of this. Contact me at 817-689-XXXX or email marc_w_miller@yahoo.com

Gun has been taken care of, cleaned and oiled within 1 hour after shooting at the range. Never ran steel shot at ranger either.

Please advise asap and the slide now wont even come back due to rust I guess. very disapointed because I am now unarmed which can be a bad idea for my.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom