DK Firearms

KIA EV6 I really like this ev and will buy one if I like the test drive. when they go into production

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Save the planet....lol.....

It will still be here well after mankind has annihilated itself.......
    Military Camp

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I got a ride in a Tesla the other year, amazing car. The owner of that car could care less of “saving the environment,” he likes the tech features and the power.

I’d drive an EV, the instant power is fun. I would just need one that would work in my life, a full size SUV of some sort.
    Tesla isnt a car company. It's a tech company that uses cars to showcase its wares. Nice to be a billionaire with a hobby.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    While I still want a 67 Chevelle convertible I would like an electric car for my short commute to work and for around town errands.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Electric cars can be crazy fast. Lots of power. Range is the issue. I always wondered why they didn't do a diesel generator/electric vehicle like they do for the trains. Scale it down and you've got power and economy together. Even a gas generator would work. Could me a much smaller motor than the engines currently used, and once up to speed, the electric motor(s) won't require as much juice.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Tesla isnt a car company. It's a tech company that uses cars to showcase its wares. Nice to be a billionaire with a hobby.

My understanding was that Tesla had paid back any federal loans and grants it used to get started and was basically at least as self sustaining as the big 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't eat 'pretend it's beef burgers' and there's no such thing as
    'saving the planet'.

I love combustion engines especially big V-8's.

I think golf carts are ok for old folks getting around in the neighborhood, plus I do love my little electric chainsaw, but a serious over the road electric vehicle, ya gotta be shittin me...oh, they still plug in to electric producers who use...gasp, coal and/or natural gas...save the planet my achin patooty.

Oh, and they're too damn quiet.
    OK, boomer. lol

If I could afford two vehicles, one for road trips and one for around town I would have an EV today. I think charging times need to reduce before EVs are good for single vehicle people. However, I see you tube videos of Tesla owners taking trips, and they just plan accordingly.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Since, I couldn't g.a.s. less what others think about me driving a big ass V-8 truck that gobbles gas...nope.

Drive a pitiful little shitbox?

You're joking.

Nah, they're for tea drinking metro-sexuals and elderly women.

I got big, heavy, shit to haul...
    I find in hilarious that your manhood is so fragile that you denigrate anyone who would think differently than you.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    OK, boomer. lol

If I could afford two vehicles, one for road trips and one for around town I would have an EV today. I think charging times need to reduce before EVs are good for single vehicle people. However, I see you tube videos of Tesla owners taking trips, and they just plan accordingly.
    If your one vehicle was good for the road why not also for in town? My iphone battery is barely holding a charge. $49 to replace. How about my EV battery? In cold weather the range of an EV is markedly decreased. In any weather it takes battery to heat/cool. My brother has a Tesla and lives in the burn areas of California (dumb sob). Needs a generator when they shut his power off so that he can drive his Tesla out of the fire zone and escape.
    You assume that in town means that you will charge at home but we have just gone through rolling blackouts. My cars started even when I had no electricity at home.
    Theoretically a hydrogen powered car sounds like a better deal with a fast charge to full capacity. Tesla has no high speed charging stations where I live. There will one day be a green solution to all of this, fusion. Not before that. If EV was so great let it stand on it's own without tax credits.
    And which country has the rights to much of the world's supply of Lithium? You know.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If your one vehicle was good for the road why not also for in town? My iphone battery is barely holding a charge. $49 to replace. How about my EV battery? In cold weather the range of an EV is markedly decreased. In any weather it takes battery to heat/cool. My brother has a Tesla and lives in the burn areas of California (dumb sob). Needs a generator when they shut his power off so that he can drive his Tesla out of the fire zone and escape.
    You assume that in town means that you will charge at home but we have just gone through rolling blackouts. My cars started even when I had no electricity at home.
    Theoretically a hydrogen powered car sounds like a better deal with a fast charge to full capacity. Tesla has no high speed charging stations where I live. There will one day be a green solution to all of this, fusion. Not before that. If EV was so great let it stand on it's own without tax credits.
    And which country has the rights to much of the world's supply of Lithium? You know.
    For the 99% of the time when the power is on (I never lost power during the Feb winter storm), not having to go to the gas station, the instant torque and tech would make an EV worthwhile.

Like I said, if I could afford it. Until charging times come down I'll keep buying ICE cars. Probably if I didn't have to drive out of town for business I'd have an EV only

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I'd buy an EV for the performance, but I won't buy an EV because of the telemetry. Until it's able to be defeated without losing core functionality, I'm out.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Electric cars can be crazy fast. Lots of power. Range is the issue. I always wondered why they didn't do a diesel generator/electric vehicle like they do for the trains. Scale it down and you've got power and economy together. Even a gas generator would work. Could me a much smaller motor than the engines currently used, and once up to speed, the electric motor(s) won't require as much juice.

Less efficient than a conventional ICE...you lose energy during conversion.

“Gas to electric to motion” is not as efficient as “gas to motion”

Also, the feds reduce emission credits for EV’s with large gas engines and fuel tanks. That’s why the BMW i3 with range-extender has a tiny gas motor and a has a tiny gas tank - they get more emission credits.

The feds don’t want you to use the gas engine unless it’s an emergency to limp home or to a charging station. The car won’t even drive at highway speeds with the power the gas engine produces.

Emissions regs are incredibly complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    me personally. I drive over 300 miles in a day 2 maybe 3 times a year. even with the EV as an only vehicle on those few days i can map out charging stations or rent a luxury vehicle for a week.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've bought into solar fairly heavily, a 9kw grid-tied system with limited emergency battery backing. I also have one well on 1200w solar direct, and I have an electric golf cart.

I'd love to have an EV as a local runabout, something more than my 48v EZGO MPT, that was highway legal and semi-capable. It wouldn't even need to have much range (200 mile RT), but it would have to be cheap.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I've bought into solar fairly heavily, a 9kw grid-tied system with limited emergency battery backing. I also have one well on 1200w solar direct, and I have an electric golf cart.

I'd love to have an EV as a local runabout, something more than my 48v EZGO MPT, that was highway legal and semi-capable. It wouldn't even need to have much range (200 mile RT), but it would have to be cheap.
    Having had a greenhouse destroyed in a hailstorm isn't this a concern for solar? Are those panels fragile?

Top Bottom