DK Firearms

KIA EV6 I really like this ev and will buy one if I like the test drive. when they go into production

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There’s isn’t one vehicle that can meet all of my vehicle needs...gas or electric.

EVs are good for some things, not others.
    Same can be said for gas.

At this point, I’ve got fewer compromises with gas vehicles. But that could change.

But saying EVs suck because they aren’t good for 5 hour road trips, is akin to me saying my Silverado sucks because it can’t go 0-60 in 2 seconds...that’s not really in the sweet spot of what it was designed for.

But what do I know...I’m that CA transplant who arrived with a Prius and an freaking electric clown car.

Of course, my garage has a Suburban and Silverado in it now, both V8’s LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guns International

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    This: " Of course, my garage has a Suburban and Silverado in it now, both V8’s LOL "

Part of my disdain for ev's is the leftists asserting crap like: In 10 years, ICE vehicles will be a thing of past...

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Its not just leftist that think that new ICE will not be the main selling vehicle in 10 years.

In 10 years the EV will have the range and power to kill the ICE performance.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    There’s isn’t one vehicle that can meet all of my vehicle needs...gas or electric.

EVs are good for some things, not others.
    Same can be said for gas.

At this point, I’ve got fewer compromises with gas vehicles. But that could change.

But saying EVs suck because they aren’t good for 5 hour road trips, is akin to me saying my Silverado sucks because it can’t go 0-60 in 2 seconds...that’s not really in the sweet spot of what it was designed for.

But what do I know...I’m that CA transplant who arrived with a Prius and an freaking electric clown car.

Of course, my garage has a Suburban and Silverado in it now, both V8’s LOL

EVs suck not because they aren't good for 5 hour road trips but because they take so long to charge at the "gas station" to make that 5 hour trip. The 5 hour trip then becomes a 6 hour trip. If an EV could "fill up" in the same time as a gas vehicle they would be great. A hydrogen EV might be able to do that. I really don't care where the energy comes from to turn the wheels, only how much of my time is wasted.
    I had a Prius too. Really clunky to drive. Got great mileage, true but not a real comfortable car. They had to pull the engine when it had some minor fluid leak for $3,000. There went the gas savings.
    I think that EV has great potential for 18 wheelers on defined routes. Maybe. The problem still is battery technology and the fact that China seems to own the source of battery chemicals.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'd buy an EV for the performance...
    What's the point of the performance when you can't really use it? No EV is going to make the 250+ mile hill country drives I like to do on the weekends. Dude showed up to COTA in a Taycan not to long after they came out. He was able to do three laps and then had to go recharge for an hr.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Once they perfect "Ultra-Capacitors", the days of the internal combustion engine will be numbered.
    Charge time for refueling will be about the same or less than filling a gas tank now.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    This: " Of course, my garage has a Suburban and Silverado in it now, both V8’s LOL "

Part of my disdain for ev's is the leftists asserting crap like: In 10 years, ICE vehicles will be a thing of past...

We’ve got at least a half-century of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, probably more.

How long our moronic overloads actually allow us (we allow them to dictate to us) to drive them is a whole other story.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    EVs suck not because they aren't good for 5 hour road trips but because they take so long to charge at the "gas station" to make that 5 hour trip. The 5 hour trip then becomes a 6 hour trip. If an EV could "fill up" in the same time as a gas vehicle they would be great. A hydrogen EV might be able to do that. I really don't care where the energy comes from to turn the wheels, only how much of my time is wasted.
    I had a Prius too. Really clunky to drive. Got great mileage, true but not a real comfortable car. They had to pull the engine when it had some minor fluid leak for $3,000. There went the gas savings.
    I think that EV has great potential for 18 wheelers on defined routes. Maybe. The problem still is battery technology and the fact that China seems to own the source of battery chemicals.

The sweet spot for EV’s is to charge at home, while you’re sleeping. Which means the range is a tether.

IMHO it doesn’t make sense to own one if you have to rely on out-of-home charging for an EV with current technology.

Ain’t nobody got time for that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We’ve got at least a half-century of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, probably more.
    Certainly more. Horses didn't go away when they stopped being everybody's ride. The ICE will linger for centuries among those who appreciate it, especially once all normal transportation is electric and there are no longer enough ICE engines to bother regulating their emissions, etc.

If you meant a half-century (at least) remaining while they continue to be viable transport for the masses, I think that's the outside envelope.

But, hey, I'm no expert. I'm just pulling those opinions right outta my butt.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Certainly more. Horses didn't go away when they stopped being everybody's ride. The ICE will linger for centuries among those who appreciate it, especially once all normal transportation is electric and there are no longer enough ICE engines to bother regulating their emissions, etc.

If you meant a half-century (at least) remaining while they continue to be viable transport for the masses, I think that's the outside envelope.

But, hey, I'm no expert. I'm just pulling those opinions right outta my butt.

I think it’ll ultimately depend on regs for developed nations (incl Japan) and regions, but significantly longer for those that are less developed. Some places may never see EVs, methinks.

It’s really hard to say with any certainty, because this is driven by politicians (idiots) and not free market forces.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Once they perfect "Ultra-Capacitors", the days of the internal combustion engine will be numbered.
    Charge time for refueling will be about the same or less than filling a gas tank now.
    Not familiar with the technology but charge time is the limiting factor at present. The final issue is where will the electricity come from to support all of these vehicles. Fusion, not in my lifetime. The electric grid has enough problem right now, let alone in the future.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Horses didn't go away when they stopped being everybody's ride.
    There's a dude that regularly rides his horse around Rockdale. It really cracked me up when he rode into Sonic to order food while I was there.

That's going to be me in the future with people thinking I'm crazy for driving around an analog shitbox splitting flames.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Everyone forgets all the precious metals and manufacturing required to BUILD an EVPOS.

Ain’t saving a fucking thing.

Child slave labor to mine the metals
    Gas and oil products needed to make the batteries and all the electronics.

Plants to produce all the parts etc crank out as much or more CARBON emissions as the cars they want to replace.

Get an EV save the planet.

What a bunch of bovine excrement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    To those who assert ev's will shove ICE vehicles out of the nest in 10 years reminds me of those who (back around 1930 or so) asserted we'd all have flying cars in the very near future, uh huh, sure we will...ppppffffttttt!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Pron,

Agreed - One of the externalities being the help of Harry Potter like magic and when that happens we'll also have flying cars, electric of course.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It’s more about getting fat checks from the tax payers as the left pushes for electric vehicles over the next 4 years.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    To those who assert ev's will shove ICE vehicles out of the nest in 10 years reminds me of those who (back around 1930 or so) asserted we'd all have flying cars in the very near future, uh huh, sure we will...ppppffffttttt!

Don’t think anything will change a whole lot in the next 10 years, but the comparison to flying cars is a swing and miss.

I see 100% electric vehicles on the road every day. There’s never been a commercially successful flying car.

Top Bottom