• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Last time I was there a guy took a pic of the vest. He got a warning and was told to put his camera away. If he can get away with just a warning the 11 month old eating a cheeto should too.
    Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was there in '08. Kids were running all over the place and very little respect seemed to be given for what it was.

I'm glad it is under new management that is making sure it is treated with respect it deserves. I don't want to see it taken to extremes, but don't want it treated like a theme park attraction either.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Somewhat off topic, but does anyone else wish they would knock down the buildings that are in the vicinity of the mission and rebuild the walls as the were during the battle of the Alamo along with replica cannons.

Put it back to what it was when Santa Anna marched in.

I would love to walk through the gate and see the mission standing inside its fortress. God that would be a sight to see.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Somewhat off topic, but does anyone else wish they would knock down the buildings that are in the vicinity of the mission and rebuild the walls as the were during the battle of the Alamo along with replica cannons.

Put it back to what it was when Santa Anna marched in.

I would love to walk through the gate and see the mission standing inside its fortress. God that would be a sight to see.

That would be cool, but you'd have to demolish a lot of the immediate area to do it. The Alamo was pretty big...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If it is I may have to look in to a road trip.

Where the hell is Bracketville, lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, looks like they're just gonna have to call some demolition crews in to San Antonio de bexar.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    It's always been a pet peeve of mine to see a man wearing a hat indoors, and I see it more and more often especially in restaurants. Inevitably it is a younger man, and I grieve at the lack of upbringing, respect, and etiquette. I guess it's to be expected with the way the younger generations are being brought up. In my day you removed your hat indoors unless you were under-arms in a military unit.

Just don't always assume wearing a hat indoors, like at a restaurant, is someone being disrespectful or lack of upbringing. I ALWAYS uncover in church, while pledging allegiance to our great flag or going into someplace like the Alamo. With that said.....I'm old, service connected disabled Army Veteran with some scars and issues with my hair so other than the places mentioned above, I WILL have a hat on.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've heard that the whole "take your hat off indoors" thing began as a way to identify (and persecute) Jews. Not sure if it's true...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom