• Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    So, there's no feral hog problem?

It depends on who you ask.
    The farmer who just lost 100 acres of corn or peanuts might say yes and little old lady who had her garden dug up might agree with him. The rancher or day lease manager running hog hunts for $200 a pop would argue the point. We can pretty much do anything we want on our land from exterminating Hogs to buying them at the sale barn and dumping them on our property. The problem comes when people run Hogs and five strand wire cattle fence instead of proper hog or goat fencing that is maintained.

tx.biologist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Its a real problem but a fast acting toxicant is on the list. Hoggone is sodium nitrite is lethal with in 30 mins and 93% effectibe. Way better than kaput. Its all about how its delivered, with a feeder that most mammals can't get to the bait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Not a fan of purposely killing animals slowly. If you're going to poison them do it as quick as possible. Don't plan on dragging it out.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    "Muh slow death muh animal cruelty muh hunter's creed"

This isn't hunting, you goofs.

It's pest control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nobody said anything about hunting, they aren't pointlessly disrespectful in giving their opinions either.

"Muh opinions differnt. Muh sides smurter. I ain't kurd bout no hogs get sick fer duh few daze."

See what I mean? It pointless to try to belittle the person for their opinion when they gave no indication it had anything to do with hunting. Maybe they feel there is a better way and the suffering is unnecessary.

No reason to make it personal. Group hug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Nobody said anything about hunting, they aren't pointlessly disrespectful in giving their opinions either.

"Muh opinions differnt. Muh sides smurter. I ain't kurd bout no hogs get sick fer duh few daze."

See what I mean? It pointless to try to belittle the person for their opinion when they gave no indication it had anything to do with hunting. Maybe they feel there is a better way and the suffering is unnecessary.

No reason to make it personal. Group hug?

While I appreciate that I've apparently made it to y'all's "trouble user" list over in the secret mod forum, I should point out that my post was written with the intent of being a playful, tongue in cheek non-sequitur.

Granted, I can get a bit rough at times with a few of my favorite fellow forumites, but it's only because I think they can take it.
    I guess I just had different experiences with banter in locker rooms growing up.

I can't say I've ever witnessed someone use "goofs" in anger as a serious insult.

Anyway, sorry if I offended you.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sorry, you have to try a lot harder to make the nonexistent "troubled user" list. I can make one and put you on it if you'd like. Wouldn't really mean anything though. :)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    While I appreciate that I've apparently made it to y'all's "trouble user" list over in the secret mod forum, I should point out that my post was written with the intent of being a playful, tongue in cheek non-sequitur.

Granted, I can get a bit rough at times with a few of my favorite fellow forumites, but it's only because I think they can take it.
    I guess I just had different experiences with banter in locker rooms growing up.

I can't say I've ever witnessed someone use "goofs" in anger as a serious insult.

Anyway, sorry if I offended you.

No, you just come across as a condecending douchebag in every single thing you post.

If, occasionally, you would post something that did not drip of douchebaggery, people here might get your rainmanesque sense of humor.

It would seem that it is outside of your ability to do so.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2017
    New Braunfels
    No, you just come across as a condecending douchebag in every single thing you post.

If, occasionally, you would post something that did not drip of douchebaggery, people here might get your rainmanesque sense of humor.

It would seem that it is outside of your if your ability to do so.
    Savage

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    DFW Area
    Interesting read. I wonder what the next test will be. The Haribo Sugarless Gummy Bears? If the sodium nitrate does not kill them, a 5 pound bag of those babies might make the hogs sh*t themselves to death. Which sounds way worse then poison.

And yeah shooting the hogs does sound more fun.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    All of the peer reviewed literature I'm finding shows the risk of collateral poisoning (I.e. Deer, cattle, avian species) to be between 0-2% of the pigs killed.

The fear of harm to an animal eating a poisoned hog is totally unfounded.

The half life of sodium nitrite in a hog is around 1 hour, and it's rapidly metabolized by the pig during the poisoning stage.

Furthermore, the nitrites that might kill a secondary animal feeding on a poisoned pig are bound to the blood cell. This means it's stuck and can't poison the secondary animal.

Any hunters who shoot a dead pig are gonna find that it's full of chocolate colored blood, and even if they ate it anyway, it wouldn't hurt them because we, unlike the pigs, have diaphorase.

It would seem that it is outside of your ability to do so.
    Hahaha, you just can't help but find ways to lash out at me, can you?

This might help you: www.stopbullying.gov/get-help-now/

We should ask Tx.Biologist if we could solve the hog problem by poisoning them with the massive amounts of salt you produce when my posts TRIGGER you.

You might consider me a douche bag, but I'd rather be a douche bag who's right than a kissless know-it-all who is consistently wrong, just like you were in this thread.

I don't think you have anything to do with APHIS, so I'm not sure what you're doing in this thread telling anyone "incorrect" when you're the one that's wrong.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All of the peer reviewed literature I'm finding shows the risk of collateral poisoning (I.e. Deer, cattle, avian species) to be between 0-2% of the pigs killed.

The fear of harm to an animal eating a poisoned hog is totally unfounded.

The half life of sodium nitrite in a hog is around 1 hour, and it's rapidly metabolized by the pig during the poisoning stage.

Furthermore, the nitrites that might kill a secondary animal feeding on a poisoned pig are bound to the blood cell. This means it's stuck and can't poison the secondary animal.

Any hunters who shoot a dead pig are gonna find that it's full of chocolate colored blood, and even if they ate it anyway, it wouldn't hurt them because we, unlike the pigs, have diaphorase.

Hahaha, you just can't help but find ways to lash out at me, can you?

This might help you: www.stopbullying.gov/get-help-now/

We should ask Tx.Biologist if we could solve the hog problem by poisoning them with the massive amounts of salt you produce when my posts TRIGGER you.

You might consider me a douche bag, but I'd rather be a douche bag who's right than a kissless know-it-all who is consistently wrong, just like you were in this thread.

I don't think you have anything to do with APHIS, so I'm not sure what you're doing in this thread telling anyone "incorrect" when you're the one that's wrong.

See, my point exactly. You started out fine, then your flat brim squeezed your ears too tight and you finished like, well, yourself.

You should try try meeting some of the people you interact with here in person and maybe it will make you a little less likely to be such a condecending jackass, or maybe you are like this in person as well, although if you are I imagine you have made a dentist or two a nice chunk of change.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    gay.gif

Top Bottom