Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    gay.gif
    Hahhaha
    08bd771eaad337a30542963bf607436e.jpg

See, my point exactly. You started out fine, then your flat brim squeezed your ears too tight and you finished like, well, yourself.

You should try try meeting some of the people you interact with here in person and maybe it will make you a little less likely to be such a condecending jackass, or maybe you are like this in person as well, although if you are I imagine you have made a dentist or two a nice chunk of change.

If you're so insecure that you start creating fictional caricatures in your mind and start making vague threats because you were wrong about hog poison, there's nothing I can do to help you.
    In my mind, someone who makes passive aggressive threats online is pathetic and a true douche bag.

If you feel I'm condescending, that's your inferiority complex at work.
    Not my problem.

Maybe stick to forums that have Safety Pin logos if you're that sensitive.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hahhaha
    08bd771eaad337a30542963bf607436e.jpg

If you're so insecure that you start creating fictional caricatures in your mind and start making vague threats because you were wrong about hog poison, there's nothing I can do to help you.
    In my mind, someone who makes passive aggressive threats online is pathetic and a true douche bag.

If you feel I'm condescending, that's your inferiority complex at work.
    Not my problem.

Maybe stick to forums that have Safety Pin logos if you're that sensitive.

In your mind, you are liked and respected as well. They say it is good to have an active imagination.
    There was no threat, vague or otherwise. Just an observation.

If you thought there was a threat in there, that may be a sign that your active imagination is blurring the line into paranoia. You should look into seeing a professional.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock

That's sad.

Public ignorance and misinformation are killing a valid method of controlling the huge hog population.

In your mind, you are liked and respected as well. They say it is good to have an active imagination.
    There was no threat, vague or otherwise. Just an observation.

If you thought there was a threat in there, that may be a sign that your active imagination is blurring the line into paranoia. You should look into seeing a professional.

[I bet if you act irl the way you do online, you've been injured via assault]
    -you

At least have the integrity to get behind what you say.

LOL, the only reason there wasn't a threat is that, even in your fantasy, posting online, you don't have the balls to directly tell someone you'll kick their ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Threats are taken very seriously. If there were one he would have been banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This is the way I'd go. Trapping and shooting.

The problem with those is the people and land owners who won't get on board with it.

If you are using remote controlled traps, a lot of land owners will pay to have them run on their property. You can get paid from both sides. Trap rental from property owner and by the pound for live pigs from an authorized buyer.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Threats are taken very seriously. If there were one he would have been banned.

Ok, that's fair enough.
    I should've said veiled instead of vague.

If I know someone that loves wearing green pants, and I say to them, "You should come to lunch, but hopefully you don't wear green pants.
    You know, I bet people that someone who goes to lunch wearing green pants gets their teeth knocked out regularly in the past", how should they take it?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not what he said. Not even close.

Talk about needing a safety pin...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Ok, that's fair enough.
    I should've said veiled instead of vague.

If I know someone that loves wearing green pants, and I say to them, "You should come to lunch, but hopefully you don't wear green pants.
    You know, I bet people that someone who goes to lunch wearing green pants gets their teeth knocked out regularly in the past", how should they take it?

I am quoting this because it reads like an Alzheimer's patient on a meth/opiate speedball bender wrote it and I was a fan of Jim Carroll.

This reminds me of some of his ramblings, just more whiny.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Not what he said. Not even close.

Talk about needing a safety pin...

Honestly, I don't really care about the semantics or technicalities of the weird passive aggressive posturing Hoji is doing. That's fine if you consider it a threat, totally normal & acceptable, or just a tough guy hissy fit. Not my problem.
    Maybe I misinterpreted it, and I apologize if that's the case.

Again, I'm sorry for the original "muh muh" post, as it wasn't the way I meant it to come across.

It also wasn't my intention to cause hojo to throw yet another fit.

I honestly think he has some issues with being bullied in the past and will just ignore his posts from here on out.
    Sound good?

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think I'm gonna apply for an admin position at a day care.

More mature work environment.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    If you are using remote controlled traps, a lot of land owners will pay to have them run on their property. You can get paid from both sides. Trap rental from property owner and by the pound for live pigs from an authorized buyer.

I'm totally in the dark about "remote control" on traps.

Best I've ever seen was like a pen with a gate they could go in but can't come out. I'll have to do an internet search on those remote control traps.

http://wirelesstraps.com/

Now I see... That could be pretty handy. If I was a farmer down there I'd buy one of those my self instead of renting one.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm totally in the dark about "remote control" on traps.

Best I've ever seen was like a pen with a gate they could go in but can't come out. I'll have to do an internet search on those remote control traps.

http://wirelesstraps.com/

Now I see... That could be pretty handy. If I was a farmer down there I'd buy one of those my self instead of renting one.

Some do. For most it is cheaper and more convenient to pay someone a couple of hundred a month for as long as you need it. The trap owner pays the cellular bill,moves the trap when it is no longer catching pigs, kills /removed the pigs, and when your hogs are manageable, takes the trap off your property until you need it again.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Some do. For most it is cheaper and more convenient to pay someone a couple of hundred a month for as long as you need it. The trap owner pays the cellular bill,moves the trap when it is no longer catching pigs, kills /removed the pigs, and when your hogs are manageable, takes the trap off your property until you need it again.
    People just aren't' hungry enough. They need to kill them all instead of quitting before the job is done.

You can't leave the seed, that's how they got started to start with.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Sorry, you have to try a lot harder to make the nonexistent "troubled user" list. I can make one and put you on it if you'd like. Wouldn't really mean anything though. :)

Oh, Oh, Oh, I have always wanted to be on a "troubled user" list, ever since I was about 8. I'd appreciate it if my name was highlighted in red too, if that is part of the protocol. Spreadsheets are so 2014.

Sooo glad I found this thread!!!!!!!

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    One of my landowner buddies told me it's illegal to poison them? Is that true?

Several things are going on. It's not illegal for Hogs to eat poison. It is illegal to use most dangerous substances inconsistent with their packaging. Rat poison, caustic soda, antifreeze as poisons or oven cleaner or Wasp spray as pepper spray. So you are breaking some law. You can also get into trouble poisoning non-target species. Birds of prey, deer, fur bearing animals and the like. So you have to really be careful or risk running afoul of some law.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Several things are going on. It's not illegal for Hogs to eat poison. It is illegal to use most dangerous substances inconsistent with their packaging. Rat poison, caustic soda, antifreeze as poisons or oven cleaner or Wasp spray as pepper spray. So you are breaking some law. You can also get into trouble poisoning non-target species. Birds of prey, deer, fur bearing animals and the like. So you have to really be careful or risk running afoul of some law.
    People forget that the majority of species of bird are protected, including the grackle.

Top Bottom